• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ExpandedKang

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck this guy and fuck youtube and google for enabling the likes of him. These media giants are just as responsible with their approach, allowing these kinds of hateful movements to fester and gain mass appeal. They will never accept responsibility and never take a strong stance against these people, they will give them a platform and as long as they're making money they'll turn a blind eye to the kind of content being produced. It's time to call them out on their behaviour, they are complicit in this shit.

Here's a selection of people that pewdiepie follows btw, including another mass shooter's inspiration: (not sure if it's been posted already) Quality individual

binovkw6a8m21.png

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's too late PDP. You've fostered this bullshit for too long and this is the result of it. Your racism, antisemtism, and advocacy for nazis makes you complicit.

How does this dude still have a platform, man. Google has no moral compass.

It's frightening to think of how much children make up his audience and how often they're exposed to far-right idealogues on thru his channel.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Do people not know what responsibility is? What the fuck is going on? The things you do and say matter to everyone it reaches. Whats so fucking hard to understand?

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck this guy and fuck youtube and google for enabling the likes of him. These media giants are just as responsible with their approach, allowing these kinds of hateful movements to fester and gain mass appeal. They will never accept responsibility and never take a strong stance against these people, they will give them a platform and as long as they're making money they'll turn a blind eye to the kind of content being produced. It's time to call them out on their behaviour, they are complicit in this shit.

Here's a selection of people that pewdiepie follows btw, including another mass shooter's inspiration: (not sure if it's been posted already) Quality individual

binovkw6a8m21.png
Oh lord, that selection of people. If someone thinks PDP doesn't hold hateful views should be ashamed of themselves.

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
When will google do something about this channel and get rid of this idiot? It's just a platform to get racists and other haters together.

If what happened today isn't enough and considering google remove stuff on YouTube all the time, like copyrights and other things much less important than this yet they don't tackle a place that harbours haters and racists. Not a good look.

Why has the world become where a company like google is so complacent in things like this?

They just want the channel $$$ it all comes down to that and they will find every excuse to not pull it down.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

binovkw6a8m21.png
So fucking vile. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that it's not just Ben Shapiro. Like this is a who's who of white supremacist culture. Every single person on this list has a platform they use to perpetuate bigotry.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Do people not know what responsibility is? What the fuck is going on? The things you do and say matter to everyone it reaches. Whats so fucking hard to understand?
It's like people want to ignore a key tenet of society, which is influence by others.

If people only acted of their own volition and nobody had any way to change it, there would be no politicians, no advertising and no creative arts.

Nearly every interaction in society involves someone trying to influence others. Why people suddenly deny the effects of this influence when it causes tragedy, is beyond me and ignores how people work on a psychological level.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problems we are facing right now dont have roadmaps. There are a multitude of things that are happening that there is no science and studies to accurately prevent and explain away as rudimentary. This whole internet social media addiction is one of them that's causing isolation and radicalization.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
Why don't Youtube, Twitch and other streaming media remove all his content?

He won't kill himself obviously, but at least they could do something.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
The 2 threadmarks I found don't seem to point at any specific PDP examples. Given the number of times PDP's behaviour has been discussed in separate Era threads, shouldn't some of these be added to the OP to give some more context?

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not that hard. Just stop reading news about him. He's going to be in office until 2020 (hopefully he doesn't get re-elected) and reading about his tweets does nothing but get you angry.
This is how he became president. If you wish to do that then that's fine, I can actually understand wanting less stress in ones life. But some people can't afford to ignore, some people are willing to fight by any means, every comment made on social media or whichever matters to some degree. If it didn't, rightwing people wouldn't be all over social media doing just that.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
It's like people want to ignore a key tenet of society, which is influence by others.

If people only acted of their own volition and nobody had any way to change it, there would be no politicians, no advertising and no creative arts.

Nearly every interaction in society involves someone trying to influence others. Why people suddenly deny the effects of this influence when it causes tragedy, is beyond me and ignores how people work on a psychological level.
It's so they can continue to live in bliss. They want to stay ignorant to justify their stagnation and neutrality in the face of an actual crisis. And in my opinion the pepole who are most fervent in trying to pretend that such influence doesn't exist do so because they know they themselves conntribute to the same pool of vileness. I wouldn't be surprised if the same people who show up time and time again are people who love to make light of Nazism and genocide and get a kick out of racist and sexist jokes. They know that and when they fight for PDP they're truly fighting for themselves. They aren't trying to defend PDP as much as they're trying to defend their own mindset. The don't want to change, they don't want to be more empathetic and the don't actually care about the consequences of continually reinforcing the status quo of belittling and oppressing marginalized groups.

Oct 25, 2017
It's exactly the hateful rhetoric that people like PDP spread that inspires these horrific acts. He may have not intended for this to happen, but blood is on his hands.

Truly hope this wakes him up and he realizes the impact he has on people. Stop spreading white supremacy and Nazism "for the lols," the disgusting crowd this stuff plays to takes it very seriously. He unfortunately has a lot of influence on many people, he needs to take the responsibility that comes with it.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think PDP actually believes himself to be racist. And that's what scares me.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
He's going to be in office until 2020 (hopefully he doesn't get re-elected)

He got two supreme court judges in, including a (likely) rapist. Trump will affect women far, far longer than 2020. Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away. Trump already did Reagan-level damage, and that's ignoring him emboldening actual nazis that actually kill actual people in actual, real life.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The 2 threadmarks I found don't seem to point at any specific PDP examples. Given the number of times PDP's behaviour has been discussed in separate Era threads, shouldn't some of these be added to the OP to give some more context?

If you can link me to them I'll add them. Doing some homework right now so don't have time to track them down myself.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It's not that hard. Just stop reading news about him. He's going to be in office until 2020 (hopefully he doesn't get re-elected) and reading about his tweets does nothing but get you angry.

It is not easy to ignore a buffoon that has a briefcase full of launch codes. Right now he is adored by racists and the lot as the leader of the 4th reich, that alone makes him relevant in any topic like the ones we are discussing.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
If you can link me to them I'll add them. Doing some homework right now so don't have time to track them down myself.

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pewdiepie needs to go the route of Alex Jones. Inaction is conspiracy: Twitter and Youtube should remove him. Not banning him from their platforms mean they agree with his views.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
I certainly blame those people, yes. And on top of that, I can also blame the people that help to inspire then to actually commit such hateful attacks in the first place by spreading hateful rhetoric and ideologies. Such as, in this case, people like PewDiePie and Candace Owens. Ignoring then isn't going to make that go eat or change anything. That will only lead to the spread of more hate. They need to be completely deplatformed and lose their voices, or else it's only a matter of time before more incidents like this happens.

I blame the murderers in these incidents yes, I blame firearms, and I blame those that spread hateful ideologies that lead to these attacks happening in the first place due to then bring poisoned by such hate and rhetoric and ending up agreeing with it. I can blame all the things simultaneously as they each have their own respective roles in leading to attacks like this and there's no reading I shouldn't, not if the goal is to stop stuff like this from happening again as best as we are actually able to anyway. Ignoring any piece of the story, any of these pieces if the puzzle does no one any good if the goal is to actually stop these tragedies from repeating as best as we're able.

So yes, of course I will blame the murderer. Of course I'll blame guns. But I'll blame people like PewDiePie for the respective roles they had in incidents like this as well as to ignore that does no one any good either, not if the goal is to try and prevent these tragedies from happening again anyway.

If you bring it like that I can understand better in what way random Youtubers can actively breed haters by jesting, maybe I just didn't see that because I steered clear of all those platforms intentionally or maybe because I try to blame them per individual and not as a group of like-minded people. The lack of words neccesary is the problem here.

MadGear

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying Hate Speech
I know this place has a bunch of irrational hatemongers but seriously, reading this thread is just shocking. It's hard to believe that someone would even try to blame him for this but ... you guys instantly moved waaay past blame. People in this thread are just disgusting lunatics. I just can't understand ...

Valdega

Banned
Sep 7, 2018
I mean, you are continuing to prove the point here.

Which point?

When choosing a course of action, you should answer the following questions first:
1) What is my objective?
2) Will my course of action achieve that objective?
3) Will my course of action undermine that objective?

If your goal is to get Trump impeached, reading his tweets isn't going to achieve that objective. Really, there's nothing you can do to achieve that goal. If your goal is to get 8chan shut down, you can try bringing as much negative attention to it as possible. However, that doesn't guarantee that the site will be shut down and it may have the exact opposite effect of increasing the site's exposure and influence. In the case of Trump and 8chan, the best you can do is limit their influence by not talking about them. Understand that your negative reactions often serve as fuel for your opponents. When liberals criticize 8chan, that gives the alt-right incentive to check it out. When liberals criticize Trump, that gives the alt-right incentive to support him. What you view as harsh condemnation acts as a seal of approval for those who oppose you.

Deleted member 4260

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this place has a bunch of irrational hatemongers but seriously, reading this thread is just shocking. It's hard to believe that someone would even try to blame him for this but ... you guys instantly moved waaay past blame. People in this thread are just disgusting lunatics. I just can't understand ...
Nice alt, dude!

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, poor PDP being victimized by evil resetera.

Come the fuck on.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
When you're a famous figure and terrorist groups are cozying up to you, you'd think it would be your job to distance yourself from them. PDP hasn't. He's very much apart of the problem.

He's a terrorist enabler.

Oct 25, 2017
"Hatemongers" "Disgusting lunatics".
Shut the fuck up.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
If you bring it like that I can understand better in what way random Youtubers can actively breed haters by jesting, maybe I just didn't see that because I steered clear of all those platforms intentionally or maybe because I try to blame them per individual and not as a group of like-minded people.
No man is an island. We end up with groups like the KKK or the Proud Boys because there are like-minded people. They are drawn to each other and march and assemble and produce media empires because they are like minded. And the key is that that like mindedness is rooted in a violent belief: the belief that marginalized people not only don't deserve equality but deserve to be removed. Whether they all act on it or not is secondary to the fact that every person who believes and spreads it is inherently spreading and reinforcing a ideal of violence. At some point someone in their ranks finally takes that implicit message and runs with it to the violent result.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Which point?

When choosing a course of action, you should answer the following questions first:
1) What is my objective?

If your goal is to get Trump impeached, reading his tweets isn't going to achieve that objective. Really, there's nothing you can do to achieve that goal. If your goal is to get 8chan shut down, you can try bringing as much negative attention to it as possible. However, that doesn't guarantee that the site will be shut down and it may have the exact opposite effect of increasing the site's exposure and influence. In the case of Trump and 8chan, the best you can do is limit their influence by not talking about them. Understand that your negative reactions often serve as fuel for your opponents. When liberals criticize 8chan, that gives the alt-right incentive to check it out. When liberals criticize Trump, that gives the alt-right incentive to support him. What you view as harsh condemnation acts as a seal of approval for those who oppose you.
You see you just took a really simple concept of staying informed about the actions of whatever crazy leader of your country is calling the shots and turned it into this mess of bullshit fuckery while trying to stan for a concept of 'ignore it and it goes away'.

Incredible stuff.

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
When "criticizing a millionare" is "hatemongering"; while said millionare spreading and signal boosting nazis and having "Death to all Jews" signs is totally normal and okay and not hate mongering, you know nazi ideology was allowed to run rampant for too long.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
You see you just took a really simple concept of staying informed about the actions of whatever crazy leader of your country is calling the shots and turned it into this mess of bullshit fuckery while trying to stan for a concept of 'ignore it and it goes away'.

Incredible stuff.
Ignorance is bliss in its purest form.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't usually get involved in stuff like this, but now I will:

Fuck PDP and fuck everyone defending him. How the fuck can anyone say this guy is innocent? He paid people to hold a goddamn "Death to all Jews" sign up to a camera and claimed it was a joke. How can anyone defend this shit?

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Which point?

1) What is my objective?

This post is seriously pretentious wankery. Ignoring things doesn't fucking solve anything.