• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
Literally NOBODY is blaming him for this, but the fact that the person who did this looks up to him and shouted him out before doing this should be MORE than enough for him to step back and realize the horrible influence he is on young people. What would be the harm in him taking a year or two break from the internet and kind of waiting until this cult of personality around him has died down? What would be so bad about that? Him continuing on with his Youtube channel after this is WAY more disrespectful to the victims than any kind of discussion about his influence will ever be.
I'm not gonna lie, this post has enlightened me that having as much fame as PDP is terrifying and something I never want, thankfully that will never happen.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, this post has enlightened me that having as much fame as PDP is terrifying and something I never want, thankfully that will never happen.

You can be famous and not go around spreading hate speech and alt-right propaganda. It is possible. If you don't think you could be capable of that, then I'm glad you won't ever be in that position too.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking hate nazis and pewdiepie is a stupid internet personality, but blaming him for the other idiot that did the shooting is like saying that marilyn manson is responsible for columbine. Or saying that violent video games create mass shooters. I get it, everybody hates the guy, he did a lot of stupid shit, but turning this fucking tragedy into another circle-jerk about him is incredibly disrespectful towards the people that lost their lives today.

Again:
We are not blaming him for what happened, he is not directly involved in the shooting. Maybe if you read the thread and you had a minimal of reading comprehension you could have understood that while he is not the culprit, his constant enabling of the alt-right ideas, he hosting vile humans like Ben Shapiro and his null capacity of introspection in the content he creates is part of the cesspool of hate that feeds people like the one who killed 49 human beings today.

White young people is being converted into terrorists by the people PDP follows on twitter and constantly enables in his channel by reviewing their shit.

He's part of a propaganda machine that is creating killers just like ISIS and other Muslim terrorists groups have programs to radicalize young Muslims. Willingly or not, it is what he's doing.

He refuses to change, he refuses that reality and at worst, he believes in the alt-right ideology. So no, is not something he can evade with a stupid tweet.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
If you think that this shooting came from some stupid thing that pewdiepie, that idiot, did, then i'm sorry, my friend, but you're wrong. Usually, these cases are much deeper than some stupid alt-right bullshit and have more to do with mental health and social issues. It's really easy to pin the blame on whatever the fuck is easiest in your little circle, though. And I'm not saying the guy isn't a problem, he did some horrendous shit in the last couple of years. And nationalism is this generation's worst sickness, but this thread won't fix that and I restate the fact that it's really disrespectful for everybody that died.

Hint: We're discussing those social issues and Pewdiepie's relationship with them.

Cool that you're the arbiter of topic viability, though. I would've chosen somebody who would read and understand the thread, but eh, who am I?

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you think that this shooting came from some stupid thing that pewdiepie, that idiot, did, then i'm sorry, my friend, but you're wrong. Usually, these cases are much deeper than some stupid alt-right bullshit and have more to do with mental health and social issues. It's really easy to pin the blame on whatever the fuck is easiest in your little circle, though. And I'm not saying the guy isn't a problem, he did some horrendous shit in the last couple of years. And nationalism is this generation's worst sickness, but this thread won't fix that and I restate the fact that it's really disrespectful for everybody that died.

Give me a fucking break... Social issues says...

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god yes, the fucking YouTube algorithm keeps giving me that kind of shit.
"Oh, you're watching a video about 'Murder, She Wrote', why don't you take a look at this video by BELOVED RACIST GAMING ICON JONTRON?!" literally happened to me just last week.

You were watching something about Murder, She Wrote?

Respect.

Last edited:

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
it's whatever man, the world is going to hell anyways

last 5+ years has been the rise of populism across the entire world, amplified by every dumb piece of shit having a voice on the internet and now here we are

really feels like the tipping point before we cross the point of no return
it is difficult and society does have to have a reckoning about a lot of things soon, i doubt it will be easy

it is real tough to stay hopeful but i feel like it matters that we keep trying to push back against the tidal wave of ignorance, even if it is rising faster than the ocean levels

if not for us then at least for the future

lazerface66

Jan 9, 2018
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Read the fucking threadmarks and educate yourself. You fucking fools just love coming into a room without knowing a single fucking thing and just spouting off. You're not doing anything for the victims.

Dude, what the hell is wrong whith you? First of all, show some civility. I did not insult you and I don't think that i need to be called an imbecile or a fool. I read the threadmarks. I read most of the posts and i stated my opinion on it. I'm entitled to my opinion and at least i tried to bring some arguments to my comments. But thank you for that. For someone who jumps up and down about Pewdiepie's toxicity you're acting like a toxic asshole yourself.

OP
OP
Sinder

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Dude, what the hell is wrong whith you? First of all, show some civility. I did not insult you and I don't think that i need to be called an imbecile or a fool. I read the threadmarks. I read most of the posts and i stated my opinion on it. I'm entitled to my opinion and at least i tried to bring some arguments to my comments. But thank you for that. For someone who jumps up and down about Pewdiepie's toxicity you're acting like a toxic asshole yourself.

You're not bringing any argument, you're recycling the same dumb talking points used by PDP defenders every single time, talking points that were already dismantled by the posts in the threadmarks. Get bent.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The dude was a normal white guy that went on a 7 year journey around the world.... But social issues..

Dude details his extremist white nationalism and that this in as an attack against 'Muslim invasion'... But he's crazy and has nothing to do with Alt-right.

Your arguments fucking sucks.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
How exactly do you expect the rhetoric that reinforces the killing intent of these criminals to go away if you're not even willing to simply say that PDP needs to watch what he says in this climate where bigots are emboldened? PDP is no different from Sharpio or Milo Y or Baked Alaska or any number of alt right YT personalities because he trades in their speech and doesn't admonish their rhetoric and in fact acts like it's just "another opinion". If you actually are interested in stopping crimes like this where the people perpetrating them site white supremacist rhetoric as reason enough to commit slaughter then you would be invested in convincing PDP to actually have a moment of reflection and contrition where he actually acknowledges the people he's buds with and the way he bandies about shit like "Death to all Jews" are wrong and sick and create that very culture that bigoted killers are born from. It's not disrespectful to want people to stop taking genocide and bigotry lightly instead of treating it like a joke or a game the way PDP does. Again THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT PEWDIEPIE. He is not the only person who needs to take a step back and reevaluate what they feed to their large demographic of followers.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion. And we're entitled to tell you your "opinion" is borne out of a gross misinterpretation of what exactly people are admonishing PDP for. Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's an opinion that lines up with reality. People are entitled to their opinions about he world being flat, vaccines causing autism and so on but that doesn't suddenly make them free from being called out that their opinion is wrong.

Arcadia

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
England
User banned (permanent): trolling
What a retarded thread.

Read the fucking threadmarks and educate yourself. You fucking fools just love coming into a room without knowing a single fucking thing and just spouting off. You're not doing anything for the victims.

Who the fuck are you? Have a day off.

Subscribe to PewDiePie and stay hydrated.

Oct 29, 2017
Sure seems like all these "mentally ill" people just happen to shout the same exact things, consume the same media, have the same ideologies, and literally shout who their inspirations were in the middle of perpetrating their crime.

But don't pay attention to any of that! It's just Mental Health™!

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
PDP is not personally responsible for this. Heck, I'm one of those suckers who thinks he probably doesn't really know what he's doing and is following/promoting alt-right ideologues "for the lulz."

But goddammit, when your name comes up in a mass shooting directly influenced by the ideology of the people you've signal boosted, it's time to stop making it easy for your audience to see these people. This isn't even about Felix and the stupid, racist, or sexist things he's said; it's about his channel letting alt-right ideologues network with him and access his followers, with his implied permission. This HAS to stop. He can't pretend to be ignorant of what's happening anymore.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What a retarded thread.

Who the fuck are you? Have a day off.

Subscribe to PewDiePie and stay hydrated.

Hey, quick, before you're banned, I have a question: how many burners do you have?

Because all you dipshits constantly burn them over the silliest shit like this. So it's got to be a lot, right? Or was this really worth it for you?

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Beyond pdps shitiness Google needs to be held to account for the far right shit they turn a blind eye to. Oh and actively promote it you dare watch any gaming related video.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Ahhh, yeah. "I'm entitled to my opinion", the rallying cry of uninformed people with terrible opinions.

Shooter is of middle-eastern (or anything close) descent: "RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM!"
Shooter specifically yells about Pewdiepie: "Guys, this isn't about Pewdiepie."

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Going to quote my own post because the person who asked for this can't check his alerts anymore:

Aside from the stuff listed in this post:

I'll add:

Article on PewDiePie's use of fascist imagery
PewDiePie Defends Politician Who Believes Women Are Less Intelligent Than Men
PewDiePie promotes a white supremacist's channel
PewDiePie promotes another white supremacist's channel
PewDiePie attacks the media

nQ5TNWt.png

qpiejauiekjq.jpg

pewd-1yak28.png

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

The web of content, attitudes, and bigoted accusations against minority groups is a major factor when people target others in mass killings. I think these two videos would help you understand this a little better:

The first is a brief compilation about Ben Shapiro's response to another mass killer deeply influenced by his anti-Muslim propaganda, and his nonsense deflection of responsibility. A key moment is footage of the killer being interrogated, describing the phantom threat he thought he was confronting:

The second is longer (~20 minutes) and more general to how people fall into the rabbit hole that PDP is an active part of:

Last edited:

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god yes, the fucking YouTube algorithm keeps giving me that kind of shit.
"Oh, you're watching a video about 'Murder, She Wrote', why don't you take a look at this video by BELOVED RACIST GAMING ICON JONTRON?!" literally happened to me just last week.

This exact thing happened to me with the same exact video a week ago. And worse yet I was across the room and it auto-played.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
PDP is not personally responsible for this. Heck, I'm one of those suckers who thinks he probably doesn't really know what he's doing and is following/promoting alt-right ideologues "for the lulz."

But goddammit, when your name comes up in a mass shooting directly influenced by the ideology of the people you've signal boosted, it's time to stop making it easy for your audience to see these people. This isn't even about Felix and the stupid, racist, or sexist things he's said; it's about his channel letting alt-right ideologues network with him and access his followers, with his implied permission. This HAS to stop. He can't pretend to be ignorant of what's happening anymore.
Hell no he is a grown ass man he knows exactly what he is doing.

SteezyStan

Banned
Feb 20, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Junior phase account downplaying hate speech
Does PewDiePie promote people to go on mass shootings or something ? I have never payed much attention to him.
No - absolutely not. I'm not a fan of him personally, but the extreme left will do anything to conflate a person with a muddied past to literally any tragedy. Felix did enough by denouncing this individual and giving his "thoughts and prayers." This is a tragedy for everyone, including Pewds.

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS
He's definitely responsible for pandering to nazis, promoting hate speech, harassing T-series, and consistently shit the bed being a racist in sheep clothes. He does all of that. No lies detected lol.

Meanwhile ROSS WHAT THE FUCK

They are all in this together. It's all or nothing. PDP is the shining idol of success they all want to achieve, they don't want to damn their own god.

lazerface66

Jan 9, 2018
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
User Banned (2 weeks): Rationalizing hate speech.
How exactly do you expect the rhetoric that reinforces the killing intent of these criminals to go away if you're not even willing to simply say that PDP needs to watch what he says in this climate where bigots are emboldend? PDP is no different from Sharpio or Milo Y or Baked Alaska or any number of alt right YT personalities because he trades in their speech and doesn't admonish their rhetoric and in fact acts like it's just "another opinion". If you actually are interested in stopping crimes like this where the people perpetrating them site white supremacist rhetoric as reason enough to commit slaughter then you would be invested in convincing PDP to actually have a moment of reflection and contrition where he actually acknowledges the people he's buds with and the way he bandies about shit like "Death to all Jews" are wrong and sick and create that very culture that bigoted killers are born from. It's not disrespectful to want people to stop taking genocide and bigotry lightly instead of treating it like a joke or a game the way PDP does. Again THIS IS NOT JUST ABOUT PEWDIEPIE. He is not the only person who needs to take a step back and reevaluate what they feed to their large demographic of followers.
Oh, i completely agree on the fact that pewdiepie is toxic and caters to fascists. With an audience so big, it's impossible not to have those assholes around. The fact that his antics are mostly "for the lulz" (aka offensive shit a la 4chan) type of humor are vomit-inducing. And yes, i never once countered the fact that he needs to take a step back and reevaluate the shit he's doing. It's a larger social problem, though. Youtube's personality culture and the need for constant attention tends to generate extreme antics and responses. The fact that people make a living by doing stuff like this on youtube makes them cater to every fucking demographic possible for those views. The problem is that because you constantly see their face and all the interactivity associated with youtube / twitch / whatever streaming platform (comments / donations / fan requests etc.) makes a regular user feel a connection to them as opposed to a TV show. And they feel the need to please that audience for the money and attention. So, yeah, the world is fucked.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
No - absolutely not. I'm not a fan of him personally, but the extreme left will do anything to conflate a person with a muddied past to literally any tragedy. Felix did enough by denouncing this individual and giving his "thoughts and prayers." This is a tragedy for everyone, including Pewds.
No he did not do enough at all.