• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No - absolutely not. I'm not a fan of him personally, but the extreme left will do anything to conflate a person with a muddied past to literally any tragedy. Felix did enough by denouncing this individual and giving his "thoughts and prayers." This is a tragedy for everyone, including Pewds.

What do you think of 'Pewds' hosting Ben Shapiro? Don't you think that signal boosting people like that is something he should reflect upon instead of soulless 'prayers'?

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
No - absolutely not. I'm not a fan of him personally, but the extreme left will do anything to conflate a person with a muddied past to literally any tragedy. Felix did enough by denouncing this individual and giving his "thoughts and prayers." This is a tragedy for everyone, including Pewds.

"Do anything to conflate". Yeah, like having the shooter directly invoke him.

Kinanza

Jun 25, 2018
They are all in this together. It's all or nothing. PDP is the shining idol of success they all want to achieve, they don't want to damn their own god.
I thank my fucking stars that people like Vinesauce and Cinemassacre have no connection to PDP.

Though JonTron appeared in one of the latter's vids, was that before or after the racism?

Jebusman

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax, NS

The extreme left. Why not just blame cultural Marxism and get it over with.

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, quick, before you're banned, I have a question: how many burners do you have?

Because all you dipshits constantly burn them over the silliest shit like this. So it's got to be a lot, right? Or was this really worth it for you?
cannot be worse then the troll on gamefaqs switch board who makes about over 10,000 burner accounts

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes get the feeling that there are a lot of people out there who feel like they've accomplished something in the fight against bigotry by somehow going their entire lives without setting fire to a synagogue, and when they see someone like PewDiePie getting flack for silly little things like a pattern of behaviour years long of boosting figures associated with white supremacy, using slurs and white supremacy imagery himself in entertainment for teenagers, and then attacking the media for criticizing him for it, these people then have to rush to defend him else they themselves be proven not to be the valiant champions of the weak that they thought they were.

Honestly I think a lot of it especially with young kids is that they end up placing so much of their self identity in Felix that they 1. Are Blind to the troublesome stuff he has been toying with because being part of a larger fanbase makes them feel seen and appreciated so they are willing to hand wave a lot of bullshit. 2. Feel like they are being directly attacked as a result of people being critical of Felix.

These YouTubers have a legitimate responsibility to not lead their young fanbase in shitty directions and they are all doing horribly at it.

I think there is also a real problem with desensitization and media these days and kids especially not being able to grasp the real world consequences of things.

Danzflor

Oct 27, 2017
"Extreme left"

Ok. Look, I'm tired of repeating it, but that is not the point of this thread. And yes, people SHOULD look at someone's past for his shitty behaviour IF he never apologized or did anything in order to change and be better. PDP so far has been silent on many of the issues of the past and blamed the media. Can you really blame the people for looking at him and how he uses his huge ass platform to keep promoting white supremacy and normalizing edgy stuff?

And how people are not supposed to be linking this tragedy with Felix's past when one of terrorists literally spouted his name on his support?

I think I'm gonna take a break from this thread, my head is spinning with some of this rethoric.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

He absolutely has not done enough. He at the very least needs to remove anti-muslim extremists from his Twitter follows, remove his videos speaking with them, and apologize for giving xenophobia a platform.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm honestly disappointed in Ross. I only know him as an entertaining caricature, but this crosses a judgement line I certainly wouldn't have.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, i completely agree on the fact that pewdiepie is toxic and caters to fascists. With an audience so big, it's impossible not to have those assholes around.

II don't think he would have many if he wouldn't agree with misogynists, featured Islamophobics on his channel and actively flighted against the Alt-right ideology instead of cheerfully engaging conversations with them and making 'jokes' with them.

Is not inevitable.

borat

Banned
Jan 2, 2018
I guess don't come between some people and their shitty youtubers.

Imagine being over 40 and even knowing about PewDiePie. Stay away from the kids man.

what? if you spend anytime in the gaming community/youtube you are going to have some knowledge of pewdiepie, no matter how old you are. that's a weird comment to make.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The YouTubers and content creators that are reaching out to PDP to offer thoughts and prayers to him are twisting my melon, man. They are all as bad as each other.

Hopefully Geoff retires the shitty award he hands out to these internet personalities at the Game Awards as well, don't fucking legitimise them when you are celebrating this industry ffs.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Also this is fucking terrifying (check the replies).
https://twitter.com/kjellrad/status/1106421195916795904
Legit cult.

Jesus, you're not exagerrating. This behavior was the kind of thing I thought was a silly exagerration in the "Two Minutes Hate" bit in 1984, before I learned about the actual, everyday cult behaviors that took place in places like Jim Jones' compound. Seeing it play out so plainly in a social media equivalent is unsettling.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Dollars to doughnuts this single tweet is all we see from him on the matter. Zero self-reflection. Zero accountability.

Legit cult.

holy shit that's fucking insane. Pewdiepie is a fucking shit excuse for a human being. I don't think the fucker realizes that he has a huge level of influence on a great ton of people and his mentality/content/beliefs get spread onto his followers like butter. For the lack of a better way to describe it, his fanbase is essentially a reflection of him, so his fucking nothing-ass apology is complete bullshit from the get go. Fuck that guy.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm honestly disappointed in Ross. I only know him as an entertaining characature, but this crosses a judgement line I certainly wouldn't have.

I genuinely can't imagine treating PDP as a victim in this situation. Everyone chooses to forget who he associates with. Everyone chooses to ignore the reality of his bigoted lampooning. Like if PDP actually cared, there was a way long before this shooting to now to distance himself from the community that spawns violence. Like did everyone forget "Death to all Jews" didn't happen? Did everyone forget that he torpedoed a partnership with Disney for the sake of "satire" about genocide?
But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a rich white man chose to frame himself as a put upon bloke who "just can't believe why a strange bigot thinks he's on their side". Like fucking really? And then they hide behind "oh when oh when will all the hatred stop?" When people stop excusing it as fucking memes and jokes! When people stop treating faux intellectual garbage about the "Jewish question" and the "Islamic Religion of violence" and "white genocide/replacement" then we'll actually start some progress.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I genuinely can't imagine treating PDP as a victim in this situation. Everyone chooses to forget who he associates with. Everyone chooses to ignore the reality of his bigoted lampooning. Like if PDP actually cared, there was a way long before this shooting to now to distance himself from the community that spawns violence. Like did everyone forget "Death to all Jews" didn't happen? Did everyone forget that he torpedoed a partnership with Disney for the sake of "satire" about genocide?
But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a rich white man chose to frame himself as a put upon bloke who "just can't believe why a strange bigot thinks he's on their side". Like fucking really? And then they hide behind "oh when oh when will all the hatred stop?" When people stop excusing it as fucking memes and jokes! When people stop treating faux intellectual garbage about the "Jewish question" and the "Islamic Religion of violence" and "white genocide/replacement" then we'll actually start some progress.

I don't think he's capable of taking any matter seriously. I legitimately think that he's an inconsiderate self-absorbed racist asshole that does things to be "in" with a crowd for his own amusement. Him playing the victim card should be to no surprise, he can't handle the influence of his platform.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Dude, what the hell is wrong whith you? First of all, show some civility. I did not insult you and I don't think that i need to be called an imbecile or a fool. I read the threadmarks. I read most of the posts and i stated my opinion on it. I'm entitled to my opinion and at least i tried to bring some arguments to my comments. But thank you for that. For someone who jumps up and down about Pewdiepie's toxicity you're acting like a toxic asshole yourself.

Yes, a Youtuber with millions of subscribers regularly engaging in racist and nazi-courting behaviour is exactly the same as you being told off in a forum for downplaying that behaviour.

Fucking hell...

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Youtube in itself, from Travel, Gaming, Vlogs, is a haven for white people, so I'm not surprised it's cultivated that kind of right wing mentality from most of their prominent members, it's rotten to the core.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been up on this thread since yesterday, so can I confirm:

have the past twenty pages or so really just been PewDiePie defenders popping up so that the mods can ban them? Nothing else at all?

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
To all of you with the burner accounts:

If all of you guys are based, red-pilled individualists, why do all of you parrot the same NPC memes, post the same pepes, blurt out the same code-words, the same talking points, follow the same people and, to top all of your based individualist egalitarianism off, you blame all your problems on entire collectives such as "SJWs", "cultural marxists", "globalists", feminists, muslims etc instead of specific individuals?

Doesn't that activate your almonds? Doesn't it give your noggin a good ol' joggin'?

As for PewDiePie and "influencers" of his caliber, they are gateway drugs. Man the fuck up, take responsibility and quit the fucking alt-right cult. It's never too late.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Dude, what the hell is wrong whith you? First of all, show some civility. I did not insult you and I don't think that i need to be called an imbecile or a fool. I read the threadmarks. I read most of the posts and i stated my opinion on it. I'm entitled to my opinion and at least i tried to bring some arguments to my comments. But thank you for that. For someone who jumps up and down about Pewdiepie's toxicity you're acting like a toxic asshole yourself.

If you truly think someone is out of line, report them.

That said, I would never have believed you actually read the threadmarks (or just generally followed the discussion) given the questions you were asking. At least not in good faith. We're all free to disagree with whomever we like, but I notice you're not really engaging with a lot of people (including myself) who replied without barbs. And right now you're making some eyebrow-raising comparisons/equivocations.

May 30, 2018
To all of you with the burner accounts:

If all of you guys are based, red-pilled individualists, why do all of you parrot the same NPC memes, post the same pepes, blurt out the same code-words, the same talking points, follow the same people and, to top all of your based individualist egalitarianism off, you blame all your problems on entire collectives such as "SJWs", "cultural marxists", "globalists", feminists, muslims etc instead of specific individuals?

Doesn't that activate your almonds? Doesn't it give your noggin a good ol' joggin'?

As for PewDiePie and "influencers" of his caliber, they are gateway drugs. Man the fuck up, take responsibility and quit the fucking alt-right cult. It's never too late.

Every right winger is like this basically

giphy.gif

I cringe when they call others NPC

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
When a muslim kills in name of their god we call them terrorist and blame the religion but when a white dude kills in name of another white dude the other white dude has nothing to do with it and the first one was just a psycho????

It really angers me the soft hand that is given by the media and people in social media to White Supremacist terrorism when it is getting more dangerous than any other one.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One minor off-topic: I made comments in the past about the moderation in this place and while I might disagree on some things kudos to them, because it must has been an exhausting day.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
Honestly I think a lot of it especially with young kids is that they end up placing so much of their self identity in Felix that they 1. Are Blind to the troublesome stuff he has been toying with because being part of a larger fanbase makes them feel seen and appreciated so they are willing to hand wave a lot of bullshit. 2. Feel like they are being directly attacked as a result of people being critical of Felix.

These YouTubers have a legitimate responsibility to not lead their young fanbase in shitty directions and they are all doing horribly at it.

I think there is also a real problem with desensitization and media these days and kids especially not being able to grasp the real world consequences of things.
Pied_Piper2.jpg

(one of these days "Pewdiepiper" is gonna catch on, I swear...)

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Dollars to doughnuts this single tweet is all we see from him on the matter. Zero self-reflection. Zero accountability.

Legit cult.
Jesus. So we here at ERA are the nasty hateful bunch who supposedly aren't empathetic to the victims of these crimes while these people are spending their time coddling the rich white gamer? Basically thousands on thousands of people, his peers and his fans, brushing hair and cooing him to rest like they're the collective parents of an infant. Alright.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So I have to admit I learned a lot about PDP in this thread. All I have to say is the guy is a fucking piece of shite and jesus fucking Christ I will never ever watch his videos and continue not doing so. I have never watched his videos... I know he was a big YT celeb but man this thread changed a lot. Even if I dont personally know anything about him outside this thread... it must be said. Fuck this piece of scum garbage.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
When a muslim kills in name of their god we call them terrorist and blame the religion but when a white dude kills in name of another white dude the other white dude has nothing to do with it and the first one was just a psycho????

It really angers me the soft hand that is given by the media and people in social media to White Supremacist terrorism when it is getting more dangerous than any other one.

It isn't even getting. It's been up there for a long time. If you look at, say, terrorism stats in the U.S., the vast majority of terrorism incidents are from people born in the country, and right wing terrorists are as much or more common than Islamic terrorists. The perception of Islamic terrorism has been higher because it's been played up while white supremacist terrorism is downplayed.

Considering how much flack PewDiePie's got for Nazi stuff and the "death to jews" bit and yet he's still making millions. Do you think he'd get away with all of that if he was a brown dude?

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Pewdiepie just released a statement on YouTube as well.
"Not posting today out of respect for the many families in New Zealand that have been devastated by this terrible and sad news. You can donate to support the victims and families here:"

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pewdiepie just released a statement on YouTube as well.
"Not posting today out of respect for the many families in New Zealand that have been devastated by this terrible and sad news. You can donate to support the victims and families here:"

Zero introspection. But I didn't expect anything in the first place.

And he's not condemning either white extreme nationalism.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Lot's of "he been a goof ball and needs a time out to reassess" No. Absolutely not. the Evidence is clear. He should have been ban hammered already. He needs to be deplatformed off of youtube - eternally. Right now.

Pila

Oct 31, 2017
Shit, I knew this dude was racist and a bad influence for kids but I had no idea the whole thing was this bad.

Fuck this guy, he had like 3000 chances to show remorse, he's just a piece of shit. Fuck off.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
It isn't even getting. It's been up there for a long time. If you look at, say, terrorism stats in the U.S., the vast majority of terrorism incidents are from people born in the country, and right wing terrorists are as much or more common than Islamic terrorists. The perception of Islamic terrorism has been higher because it's been played up while white supremacist terrorism is downplayed.
In Spain we just recently had a few extreme right-wingers knife a gay man in the throat (after already nearly beating him to death) and leave him to die. Yes it was ideologically motivated. No it doesn't count as terrorism apparently.