• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I honestly wondered if he meant to quote someone else because your post is super inoffensive and easy to parse. 🤨

Yeah. I've just re-reread my comment and like... it was fine?

But whatever, I'll do both just in case:

Super, super popular white YouTuber considered making 20+ minute video solely to encourage people to subscribe to PDP during a steam whilst being goaded on by others which was very creepy and disturbing, even before the events in New Zealand.

Better?

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just wonder if gaming websites are afraid to post anything attributing this to PDP.

Like, I could see some fuckhead PDP fan shooting up Kotaku's offices if they ran an article like that.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
PDP is a piece of crap - of course he is being a coward. His stans are pathetic.

But unfortunately, mainstream thinks he is getting a raw deal. Already seeing a lot of defense for him on reddit in big way.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017

This thread is interesting.

You gotta wonder why PDP remaining the king of Youtube instead of a channel run by brown people caught on with these types. Its almost as if keeping a racist white dude as the dominant figure on such a huge platform is important to white supremacist.

Lets cut the crap. Its started as a racist dog whistle meme and it remains one. "Subscribe to PewDiePie" is as much of a meme about the little guy vs the big corporation as GamerGate was about ethics in journalism. It was always about keeping youtube white.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone able to access r/pewdiepie_submissions? It seems its gone?

The main sub is made private, what happened to the alt? It was quarantined but now i dont see it

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
is there a list of youtubers that first reaction to this tragedy was "don't blame this on pewdiepie"?
it could be added on the first post of the topic.

it would be interesting, people need to review their subscriptions...

My first unsubscribe was SkillUp, I like his videos, but this was pathetic.
he doesn't need to talk about politics and the tragedy, but he if he needs to say something, obviously was to defend his buddy that flirts with nazi content every now and then.

so, bye SkillUp.
I see Jacksepticeye has shown support. This guy is one of the biggest content creators after Pewdiepie.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Being extremely generous:

PewDiePie has, at very minimum, been a purposeful springboard for his viewers to get into extreme right views, by directly advocating and directing his fanbase towards the likes of Ben Shapiro and other anti-Islam white supremacists.

He probably didnt directly inspire this shooting, however, he has definitely repeatedly directed his audience towards the sort of people and the specific people that did inspire the shooting. And advocate similar things

He has certainly given the impression that he advocates extreme right wing extremist ideologies and the subscribe to PewDiePie meme has become a part of that.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
it's just ebic memes bro

reminder this is now deleted

j7EfOLx.png

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how you'd even begin to process the fact that a mass shooter name dropped you regardless of it being a meme or not before he murdered a load of innocent people. You'd hope there would be some self reflection going on about the toxic shit he's said in the past. That or just disappear into the night never to be seen again.

Of course someone said in the comments he is the real victim my lord I hate these people

I saw one person say that but they were being sarcastic.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how you'd even begin to process the fact that a mass shooter name dropped you regardless of it being a meme or not before he murdered a load of innocent people. You'd hope there would be some self reflection going on about the toxic shit he's said in the past. That or just disappear into the night never to be seen again.

I saw one person say that but they were being sarcastic.
So very hard to tell now man I read so much vile stuff today.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

PewDiePie has, at very minimum, been a purposeful springboard for his viewers to get into extreme right views, by directly advocating and directing his fanbase towards the likes of Ben Shapiro and other anti-Islam white supremacists.

He probably didnt directly inspire this shooting, however, he has definitely repeatedly directed his audience towards the sort of people and the specific people that did inspire the shooting. And advocate similar things

He has certainly given the impression that he advocates extreme right wing extremist ideologies and the subscribe to PewDiePie meme has become a part of that.
he knows at this point what he is doing. plenty of people have pointed it out to him how his audience is essentially prime meat for people looking to radicalize them. he keeps associating with people who are conduits to this radicalization as well so that's why i don't really care that people go after pewdiepie. fuck him he's had enough chances to do something about it.

Izayoi

Oct 25, 2017
Google is complicit in this whole mess, as far as I'm concerned. They clearly have no desire to take control of the hateful rhetoric that is hosted on their platforms, and will continue to let it flourish because it makes them money.

The fact that nothing has been done to warn or control PDP's channel is all the proof you need.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Add Jack to the fucking list.

How about saying sorry for the ACTUAL victims & their families, friends, and community, you piece of shit?

Mandikiri

Banned
Apr 21, 2018
Boston, MA.
This whole situation has had me extremely angry for the whole day! I can't take this anymore, all these shootings, all these racism, I am tired of all of it!

Fuck anyone that's racist. Fuck anyone that also support Trump, PewPewDie (or whatever his stupid name is) and fuck anyone that is a racist piece of shit!

Sorry I am just pissed off!

Oct 27, 2017
he knows at this point what he is doing. plenty of people have pointed it out to him how his audience is essentially prime meat for people looking to radicalize them. he keeps associating with people who are conduits to this radicalization as well so that's why i don't really care that people go after pewdiepie. fuck him he's had enough chances to do something about it.

Exactly all it needed was him to denounce these people or say my views are nothing like these people.

He's probably worse than Trump in this regard. Atleast you can say Trump is using these people for votes despite being a scumbag. Why does Pewdiepie need them? His channel won't die if he denounces them. Why's he afraid of?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018

Reminds me back when Totalbiscuit would retweet people he disagreed with or didn't like knowing that his followers would attack them. He got called out on it multiple times and even warned by Reddit mods by still did it. And he's not he only one, many big personalities on social media do it.

There comes a point were people have to be aware that when they have thousands to millions of followers, what they say or do has genuine repurcussions. It inspires their audience to do things and take on or accept certain attitudes and viewpoints. And PewDiePie definetly knows what he's doing when he advocates these people.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
This whole situation has had me extremely angry for the whole day! I can't take this anymore, all these shootings, all these racism, I am tired of all of it!

Fuck anyone that's racist. Fuck anyone that also support Trump, PewPewDie (or whatever his stupid name is) and fuck anyone that is a racist piece of shit!

Sorry I am just pissed off!

I think we all are, no need to apologize.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So when is resetera going to have a serious chat about banning these fuckers like PDP and their supporters from the forums? Deplatforming works. Maybe we can't get them off YouTube but we can sure as well have any defence of PDP bannable as if you just defended a homophobic post or something like that.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me back when Totalbiscuit would retweet people he disagreed with or didn't like knowing that his followers would attack them. He got called out on it multiple times and even warned by Reddit mods by still did it. And he's not he only one, many big personalities on social media do it.

There comes a point were people have to be aware that when they have thousands to millions of followers, what they say or do has genuine repurcussions. It inspires their audience to do things and take on or accept certain attitudes and viewpoints. And PewDiePie definetly knows what he's doing when he advocates these people.

I can't think of Totalbiscuit without thinking of how he came out as a Gamergater - he did it to win the "why didn't Gamergaters comment on the Shadow of Mordor issue which was a legitimate issue of ethics in gaming journalism" argument by retconning himself as a Gamergater that had talked about, although at the time he was insisting he was neutral in his defenses of Gamergate.

It seems like how it is with a lot of these folk. They want to spout something vile but they're afraid of the consequences, so it's just a huge dance as they try to straddle the line as tightly as they can. Whether it's Boogie yelling at feminists and liberals to meet him in the enlightened middle while groveling at the feet of racists and sexists, or it's PewDiePie hanging around his racist bros, playing hugo boss dressup, shouting slurs and then crying crocodile tears when someone points it out to him.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
So when is resetera going to have a serious chat about banning these fuckers like PDP and their supporters from the forums? Deplatforming works. Maybe we can't get them off YouTube but we can sure as well have any defence of PDP bannable as if you just defended a homophobic post or something like that.

Maybe if enough of the PewDiePie supporters post in this thread we won't need the conversation anymore!

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017

I dont think you are being extremely generous, I simply think this is straight up the best description here of what PDP is guilty of. It could be worse, we dont really know exactly what goes on in that spastic head of his, but we can be fairly certain that this is the minimum, as you rightly point out.

Something that would be very interesting but also time consuming would be to look into what statements PDP has made that directly go against this type of right wing mentality. Has he ever defended LGBTQ individuals or movements? Has he ever preached tolerance or inclusion, has he ever said things that might antagonize right wingers? If these types of statements are virtually absent from the thousands of hours he has been on air, then that would certainly help zero on in his true beliefs, considering what we already know about the things he actually DOES say.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I can't think of Totalbiscuit without thinking of how he came out as a Gamergater - he did it to win the "why didn't Gamergaters comment on the Shadow of Mordor issue which was a legitimate issue of ethics in gaming journalism" argument by retconning himself as a Gamergater that had talked about, although at the time he was insisting he was neutral in his defenses of Gamergate.

It seems like how it is with a lot of these folk. They want to spout something vile but they're afraid of the consequences, so it's just a huge dance as they try to straddle the line as tightly as they can. Whether it's Boogie yelling at feminists and liberals to meet him in the enlightened middle while groveling at the feet of racists and sexists, or it's PewDiePie hanging around his racist bros, playing hugo boss dressup, shouting slurs and then crying crocodile tears when someone points it out to him.
Fascists and fascism have always been about being scared of others, of being outed for being pieces of shit, and even outright terrified of being held accountable for what they do. This is the modern version of a thing that goes on since when people decided they were tired of being fucked over by kings so they wanted to be fucked over by dictators.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
This is the kind of shit that'd make someone take a step back, analyze what they've been doing, what it has caused, and reanalyzing what their next steps will be. If this shit doesn't do that for PDP, nothing will.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
And so were a lot of people here...
he just meant he is a somewhat famous person that used to participate on gaf, not, he's bad, he was on gaf.
No shit Sherlock. I was just mentioning it.
I remember. He used to be one of the only people I subscribed to on youtube. I loved his videos, especially the VR stuff. I'll need to go check and make sure I'm not still subscribed. Anybody feeling bad for poor pewdiepie on this day can fuck right the fuck off.