• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, banning people for correctly stating that PewDiePie has nothing to do with this?

I know ResetERA has a left leaning bias, but that's why I liked coming here: some different perspectives from the usual YouTube-comments and other social utterences.

This is just authoritarian BS.

If you ACTUALLY believe this is Felix' fault, you're delusional and I don't know what to tell you.

Bye ResetERA, it's been fun while it lasted.

Again, all he needs to do is publically and repeatedly demonize people who act in violence claiming it's for his own benefit/laughs and he'd be getting more of a benefit of the doubt from rational thinking people. He has the platform, and would be the work of seconds. Not only doesn't he, but he seems to constantly support/give heads-space to people who support these types of actions.

Of course, I'm also speaking to someone who likely isn't even here anymore and just posted this for the lulz, so may as well be yelling at a wall for all the good it does. Sigh.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
L Thammy: "this place has gone to shit. i know this place was always left leaning but i can't believe you even allow this here. you'll probably ban me but i just had to say it."

Grocery store clerk: "i don't know who you are"

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, banning people for correctly stating that PewDiePie has nothing to do with this?

I know ResetERA has a left leaning bias, but that's why I liked coming here: some different perspectives from the usual YouTube-comments and other social utterences.

If you ACTUALLY believe this is Felix' fault, you're delusional and I don't know what to tell you.

READ 👏 THE 👏 THREADMARKS 👏

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017

You mean for all of the 12 posts you made here since the site was launched? Im sure people will miss this burner account

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe some people need to read the dictionary on what the word "influence" means. The dictionary should be thrown into everyone's face on what this word is, and what YouTubers like PewDiePie are, an influencer. Take responsibility for being what you are to people or face the consequences of having blood on your hands when someone does something in your name.

influence
noun

in·flu·ence | \ ˈin-ˌflü-ən(t)s

, especially Southern in-ˈflü-\

plural influences

Definition of influence
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: the power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways : sway

2a: the act or power of producing an effect without apparent exertion of force or direct exercise of command

b: corrupt interference with authority for personal gain

3: one that exerts influence

4: an emanation of spiritual or moral force

5a: an ethereal fluid held to flow from the stars and to affect the actions of humans

b: an emanation of occult power held to derive from stars

influence
verb

influenced; influencing

Definition of influence (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to affect or alter by indirect or intangible means
Example: She attempted to influence his decision. greatly influenced by my parents

2: to have an effect on the condition or development of

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
He's a "shock jock." Says shocking things for the sake of comedy. Which obviously isn't funny to many, including myself, but I understand they're jokes. Ben Shapiro is a damn meme, which is what Pewdiepie's shows are about now.
WORDS MATTER. WORDS HAVE POWER. And being someone whom millions of people listen to - INCLUDING IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG PEOPLE - what he says has an INFLUENCE (gee, that's what these YouTubers are called, but people seem to not remember the definition of the word) on his audience. In his entire history on YT, he has shown irresponsible behavior at the very least when it comes to communicating and messaging.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
It sure is weird that racists and white supremacists flock to people who have a history of making racist and white supremacist rhetoric by complete happenstance. I wonder why that happens because surely it can't be because they agree with the rhetoric that is being made.

JackStone91

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
WORDS MATTER. WORDS HAVE POWER. And being someone whom millions of people listen to - INCLUDING IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG PEOPLE - what he says has an INFLUENCE (gee, that's what these YouTubers are called, but people seem to not remember the definition of the word) on his audience. In his entire history on YT, he has shown irresponsible behavior at the very least when it comes to communicating and messaging.
Yeah, I don't disagree.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Wow, banning people for incorrectly lying that PewDiePie has nothing to do with this?

FIxed this for you. Indeed, banning people for this is a good thing.

Ben Shapiro is a damn meme,

Weird how every right-wing attempt to stir violence is immediately "a meme" and "trolling" and therefore totally okay. Weird. Especially weird that this is always said when right-wing things need defense, and never at any other time. Almost as if this was only a right-wing tactic to deflect criticism while they peddle hatred and recruit...

...leading directly to shootings like this.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Felix's actions over the past year, in my eyes, put him in this sort of situation. I think there's a responsibility on him now more than ever after this to understand what in the hell he's doing, why it's wrong and why exactly this type of content he puts out is attracting these type of people to him. I don't know what in the hell keeps driving him to be like this...be it "trying to keep up with the times" or just has always been like this and doing his best to hide it.

He owes it to himself and his fans to take SOME sort of responsibility for this I feel.

JackStone91

Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Felix's actions over the past year, in my eyes, put him in this sort of situation. No-one is actually blaming him for this but I think there's a responsibility on him now more than ever after this to understand what in the hell he's doing, why it's wrong and why exactly this type of content he puts out is attracting these type of people to him. I don't know what in the hell keeps driving him to be like this...be it "trying to keep up with the times" or just has always been like this and doing his best to hide it.

He owes it to himself and his fans to take SOME sort of responsibility for this I feel.
Looking at how he's handled stuff like this in the past, there is zero doubt he'll take some responsibility for this (whether or not you think he should). Even if he doesn't admit it in the video, I'm sure he feels guilty. I'm sure I'll get crap for thinking this, but that's just my opinion. And seeing the other YouTubers who do seem like genuinely good people, and know the guy personally, reaching out to him only solidifies my stance.

And I honestly hope this event changes him for the better.

Kirroyal88

Oct 25, 2018
I am glad place like Era exists.

I used to watch his videos daily until the n-word incident and the half ass apology from him.

Knowing damn well that your channel is mostly subscribed by child while being symbolized, supported and promoted by alt-right neo nazis but not actively denouncing them and instead linking a "meme" of a well known right wing nutjob is pretty telling of what kind of person pdp really is.

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
Didn't say they were fun. Again, I said he's made some very dumb mistakes. Mistakes that he's apologized for. Hell, mistakes that I wouldn't blame people for not forgiving after he apologized. But since both of these mistakes he's clearly tried changing and learning from them. Of course, there are going to be idiots on the right who take these jokes literally even though Felix already said they were "jokes."

This isn't Donald Trump who says "eff you" to every criticism thrown at him and moves on. This is a dude who has an insanely large platform and clearly has issues on handling it.

Imagine joking about racism and attempted genocide. Then somebody takes your "jokes" seriously and commit vile acts while quoting/referencing you directly. Then you refuse to denounce it in any way, only saying you´re sorry for yourself that you were mentioned, because you absolutely know that you have these kind of people in your fanbase, but you´re too fucking scared to push them away like any normal person would do. Yes, sad as shit.

Even with the "it´s all memes bro"-defence, any mature, compassionate adult with this kind of outreach would be out there saying: "Hey, this shit is absolutely horrible, it´s abhorrent. I condemn it in every way and the people comitting this are shit and no fan of mine." Instead we got the: "sry my name was mentioned. Be well".

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco
just going to keep on posting this

qpiejauiekjq.jpg

remorse is not something i associate with this man
Yup.

I do not believe his response.

He's an instigator. His entire gig is gradual tolerance of intolerance.

JackStone91

Banned
Aug 6, 2018
Even with the "it´s all memes bro"-defence, any mature, compassionate adult with this kind of outreach would be out there saying: "Hey, this shit is absolutely horrible, it´s abhorrent. I condemn it in every way and the people comitting this are shit and no fan of mine." Instead we got the: "sry my name was mentioned. Be well".

"My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy."

Did you miss that part? He's a s***-poster on YouTube. He's not a politician. Not sure why you're expecting an immediately speech from the guy. Obviously he's going to address this in time.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at how he's handled stuff like this in the past, there is zero doubt he'll take some responsibility for this (whether or not you think he should). Even if he doesn't admit it in the video, I'm sure he feels guilty. I'm sure I'll get crap for thinking this, but that's just my opinion. And seeing the other YouTubers who do seem like genuinely good people, and know the guy personally, reaching out to him only solidifies my stance.

And I honestly hope this event changes him for the better.

Man, this PewDiePie guy feels so guilty over his previous mistakes, that he keeps on making them over and over!

His supporters, his friends, his Nazi pals, they contribute nothing but hate and misery to the world.

cyklisten

Nov 12, 2017
"My heart and thoughts go out to the victims, families and everyone affected by this tragedy."

Did you miss that part? He's a s***-poster on YouTube. He's not a politician. Not sure why you're expecting an immediately speech from the guy. Obviously he's going to address this in time.

Yes, I´m sorry I cut out the part that has nothing to do with his involvement. "sry my name was mentioned. Sry this happened to you. Be well". Better?

The gap in influence between a politician, as you say, and influencers with hundreds of millions of viewers is actually getting pretty narrow. People look up to these people on Youtube for information on how they should feel about almost every topic regarding their life. People are constantly parroting these youtube talking points over and over again. You really can´t ignore the impact they have now. Without it/them, we likely wouldn´t have Trump, Brexit and maybe a lot of horrible events could´ve been prevented (not saying it would fix the entire world, but there is some undeniable power there). I´ll look forward to when they actually step up and take that responsibility serious, while also, being held to the same standard as if they where holding assemblys in the town square in real life.
There is no difference between saying the N-word to a black individual in real life or in a lifestream. And it should be treated similiarly. Maybe then people would actually behave normally.

I hope he adresses this sometime, it would be a good showing by him, but based on his previous behaviour I would be surprised. Like i said before, any other normal person would condemn this into the ground being in a similar position.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
"Hearts and prayers to the victims, also you cant count to 6 million, all jews must die and muslims destroyed Sweden, amirite kids!?"

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pewdiepie has 89 million subscribers (and that's just subscribers, not viewers).
Only 15 countries in the world have a higher amount of population than PDP's amount of subscribers. He has more subscribers than the population of the nations of Germany and Austria combined.
And he influences his viewers, more than the politicians of their own countries do in most cases.
So yes, he should be held fucking accountable for what he says and does.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Who after seeing this tweets from him, and the people he follows, can not see how this guy is just a racist.
D1sH0XVW0AE4lho.png

How can you tell he's a racist ?
It's not because he's often involved in racist shits such as saying the n word, death to all jews and that he follows people known for saying racist shit that he IS an actual racist.

Velezcora

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Who after seeing this tweets from him, and the people he follows, can not see how this guy is just a racist.
D1sH0XVW0AE4lho.png

The alt-right all stars. Why am I not surprised? This dude is children's entertainer. How is he not banned when he's literally a fucking alt-right supporter? Kids are impressionable and we shouldn't let them be indoctrinated by this shit.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
Does it worry or depress anyone else in this thread how many just how many people fully don't get the difference between saying he did it and trying to show he influences people in these circles?

Like I've been called an idiot for having this view...Blocked...and you can bet from other bans in this thread that they all are sitting after being banned calling this site the Nazi forum not allowing to believe that maybe he should feel bad and be introspective.

Like I'm starting to feel like the world makes no sense. I used to think the death of innocents mattered more than the cult of personality for some YouTube guy.

I say all this fully knowing it paints more of a target here.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
So, he was born in Sweden but lives in the United Kingdom.
Obviously, YouTube won't do anything. Can't these states put him on trial for deliberately spreading hate speech? He has been doing these "jokes" for ages, doesn't learn from his mistakes, and he has too much of a following for states to ignore the impact he has.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Hostility and trolling, numerous accumulated infractions for inflammatory generalizations and intolerance
I knew ERA was full of scumbags, but fuck me, this thread is disgusting.

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I was checking out some of PushingUpRoses' stuff about it, yeh.

I love her stuff!

Lol I imagine the YouTube algorithm went something like.... Oh i see you watched a nerdy culture video by a woman, would you like to see 15 videos from white male nerds about how women are soulless harpy bitches ruining men and video games and comics and anime?!

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Dude should shut down his channel and donate his money to the victims. Gave him the benefit of doubt to much. If your fanbase is that fucking vile and you keep it running just for the money then your a piece of shit imo

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.

The fascists you are referring to aren't welcome in this community. They just show up like moles and end up banned like expected. They are annoying sure, but they don't represent the community.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Come on now, that's ridiculous.

I'm just as disgusted with the fucks trying to defend PDP but they are the minority and are getting banned.

If this was Gaf they would be allowed to spew this shit without anyone batting an eye.

What it does say is that there are disgusting picks no matter where you go but at least Era for the most part clamps down on them. I will agree though that I disagree with some only getting 2 week bans, should be perm instantly for many in this thread.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017

No one is endorsing their views, they are eating bans left and right.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Youtube should look into shutting down his channel, dude is basically spreading hate speech for 89million people, most of them are impressionable children. I hope huge companies pull their ads again due to this

Sutton Dagger

Oct 27, 2017

I think it's more important that people like you and I (People that oppose white supremacists) are involved in online discussions to challenge their beliefs. I feel like I have an obligation to call out their bigotry, I don't want this shit normalised on any more platforms.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How is he not banned when he's literally a fucking alt-right supporter? Kids are impressionable and we shouldn't let them be indoctrinated by this shit.
Money before children. Money before Jews. Money before Muslims. Money before the disafranchised. Money before everything else in existence.

Oct 27, 2017

What a strange take. The people using burner accounts, using low-post accounts and trolling are getting banned left and right. But somehow they are representative of ERA as a whole, even when they are clearly not welcome here?

I don't know why you would think that. But I guess there's an ulterior motive in your post.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Most of the fuckwits batting for PewDiePie in this thread are not and have never been part of the community. They are sleeper accounts with barely any posts made by alt-right dipshits en masse to shit up the forum whenever one of their own is called out for being a shithead.