• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
Why do these people kept calling him Felix like they fucking knew the guy? He's not your friend! He doesn't give a shit about your unnecessary, undeserved white-knighting.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do these people kept calling him Felix like they fucking knew the guy? He's not your friend! He doesn't give a shit about your unnecessary, undeserved white-knighting.
On the other hand, calling him by his real name is a way to indicate that we think that the man himself has problematic views rather than just the character "pewdiepie".

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely don't understand why he got so big in the first place. I mean yes, he is somewhat handsome in a generic way, but the tiny bits I've seen of his videos have always been extremely low quality.

What an absolute piece of shit.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't understand why he got so big in the first place. I mean yes, he is somewhat handsome in a generic way, but the tiny bits I've seen of his videos have always been extremely low quality.

What an absolute piece of shit.
Memes, edgy commentary and jokes, rape jokes, etc. Early-mid 2000's kids and teens were obsessed with lolsorandom and edgy stuff and YouTube was the cutting edge for new, young, entertainers. That era of YouTube introduced all of us to Chocolate Rain, YouTube Poops and their anime community cousins AMV Hells, PewDiePie, Charlie the Unicorn, Retsupurae and sooo much more. I think people forget that many well established YouTubers have been around for 11+ years.

Also, I specify rape jokes for one specific reason here too. Rapes jokes would be the first time he'd come under fire for something and he'd give out his very first apology for.

EDIT: And being around for so long, you'd think plenty of them would eventually learn about what power and influence they have over others.

Last edited:

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Memes, edgy commentary and jokes, rape jokes, etc. Early-mid 2000's kids and teens were obsessed with lolsorandom and edgy stuff and YouTube was the cutting edge for new, young, entertainers. That era of YouTube introduced all of us to Chocolate Rain, YouTube Poops and their anime community cousins AMV Hells, PewDiePie, Charlie the Unicorn, Retsupurae and sooo much more. I think people forget that many well established YouTubers have been around for 11+ years.

Also, I specify rape jokes for one specific reason here too. Rapes jokes would be the first time he'd come under fire for something and he'd give out his very first apology for.

EDIT: And being around for so long, you'd think plenty of them would eventually learn about what power and influence they have over others.
Thanks for the explanation. I honestly know not a single one of the channels you mentioned above, it might just be somewhat of a generational thing...

Precisely! Why would someone even "joke" about the Charlotesville hate ralley. Fuck him.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
This dude obviously has some kind of secret agenda otherwise you don't get named by a white supremacist mass murderer before a mass shooting. The best way to get your facist ideas across is with humor and he does it like no other. He is probably secretly active in underground Nazi groups.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I knew ERA was full of scumbags, but fuck me, this thread is disgusting.

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.
I feel you. These people are around us, lurking and laughing while spewing some neo-nazi bullshit. It gives me the creeps that we're interacting with them in the regular basis.

To be fair, they are getting banned.
Let's face it, they're all alt burner accounts. The real users are still among us. And when active users are banned, they're usually just a couple of weeks or so. Compare it to console warring and/or regular gaming trolls, they could get permanently banned. It's ridiculous.

Oct 25, 2017
Hey folks, guess what - being an asshole ironically still means you're a fucking asshole.

The fascists you are referring to aren't welcome in this community. They just show up like moles and end up banned like expected. They are annoying sure, but they don't represent the community.

Don't they? There are plenty of anti-fascist people who have left this forum because of lacklustre moderation of thinly veiled alt right spam.

Satine

Banned
Mar 15, 2019
I am glad place like Era exists.

I used to watch his videos daily until the n-word incident and the half ass apology from him.

Knowing damn well that your channel is mostly subscribed by child while being symbolized, supported and promoted by alt-right neo nazis but not actively denouncing them and instead linking a "meme" of a well known right wing nutjob is pretty telling of what kind of person pdp really is.

I believe when Pewdiepie (in his twitter response) says that he is "absolutely sickened having (his) name uttered by this person", it is directly showing that he completely denounces this extremist behaviour and shows quite clearly that he could never support actions like this from his fans. Words like this go without saying mostly, although it would be helpful if he were to say the words straight out so that there is little scepticism of his beliefs.

-Completely in my opinion

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I knew ERA was full of scumbags, but fuck me, this thread is disgusting.

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.

Please tell me a more progressive and left leaning gaming (or normal) site...

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, banning people for correctly stating that PewDiePie has nothing to do with this?

I know ResetERA has a left leaning bias, but that's why I liked coming here: some different perspectives from the usual YouTube-comments and other social utterences.

This is just authoritarian BS.

If you ACTUALLY believe this is Felix' fault, you're delusional and I don't know what to tell you.

Bye ResetERA, it's been fun while it lasted.

12 posts.

It wasn't all that fun it seems.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I believe when Pewdiepie (in his twitter response) says that he is "absolutely sickened having (his) name uttered by this person", it is directly showing that he completely denounces this extremist behaviour and shows quite clearly that he could never support actions like this from his fans. Words like this go without saying mostly, although it would be helpful if he were to say the words straight out so that there is little scepticism of his beliefs.

Messages1

JoinedYesterday at 9:00 PM

giphy.gif

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
Banning people for holding a non-threatening stance on something, even if you vehemently disagree with it, is pretty weak in my opinion.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Big gaming youtubers: My videos are free marketing they influence the people to buy games. That's why I deserve early access and not having my videos blocked by companies. It's cause I get people to buy the games I cover.

Also big gaming youtubers: I actually have no influence and thus responsibility over what people do out of their own "free will".

So which is it.

If you believe the former that you can influence people to buy things then you have to accept the concept of influencing people into doing things. Simple as that dumbass dipshits.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
The second bolded parted... you believe PDP actually support mass murder and terrorist attacks?

I understand that he caters and like the alt-right crowd and is an idiot AND enables this type of mindset, but straight up supporting these sort of violence is a stretch.
It really doesnt matter, though.
There is no difference between an alt right that posts "Kill all jews" on a stream and one that shoots up a mosque except time.
They're scum of the earth monsters.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Banning people for holding a non-threatening stance on something, even if you vehemently disagree with it, is pretty weak in my opinion.
The only weak thing here is those people's cowardly stances.

Please tell me a more progressive and left leaning gaming (or normal) site...
Most left leaning reddit subs?(I know the site itself is a shithole but those specific subs are more progressive than Era) Era has a lot of actually left leaning people but the site itself is not nearly as progressive as you think. Lots of republican and cop apologists here, same for war criminal defenders(check the bush thread).

Doesn't mean it's still not the best left leaning gaming website, but nowhere as near as people present it to be.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
The only weak thing here is those people's cowardly stances.

Most left leaning reddit subs?(I know the site itself is a shithole but those specific subs are more progressive than Era) Era has a lot of actually left leaning people but the site itself is not nearly as progressive as you think. Lots of republican and cop apologists here, same for war criminal defenders(check the bush thread).

Doesn't mean it's still not the best left leaning gaming website, but nowhere as near as people present it to be.
Also way too many dog whistling pieces of shits that often get away with 3 day to 2 week bans. If you actually engage in an argument you kind of lose even on here.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich

So he puts racist dogwhistles into his videos and tweets for years, he regularly promotes racists and Islamophobes who's content clearly radicalizes people, he follows and interacts with many of the worst alt-right figures on Twitter in a friendly way, but I am supposed to believe that he is sickened by it if the people who are radicalized by this content give him a shout out?

Not buying it.
If Pewdiepie is really not a racist and just incredibly stupid and naive, he should at least now realize what he has been doing for years - being a gateway drug for extremist, hateful alt-right content - and he will stop right away, take a clear stance against it, denounce the hateful people he promoted and show humility.
For fucks sake, the guy was called out for his racist content and for appealing to racists by the Washington Post a long time ago, and he turned that into a publicity stunt that even increased his popularity among the alt-right types.
Its now time for him to admit that the Washington Post was right.

But the simple fact that he won't do anything like that tells me that he is absolutely aware of what he is doing and he is doing it absolutely deliberately => he is a racist.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The second bolded parted... you believe PDP actually support mass murder and terrorist attacks?

I understand that he caters and like the alt-right crowd and is an idiot AND enables this type of mindset, but straight up supporting these sort of violence is a stretch.

It doesn't matter if he endorses it or tries to distance himself from it. He is, at least, part of the reason why kids are normalized to "alt right" shit, "edgy" stuff, sexism, harassment etc.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big gaming youtubers: My videos are free marketing they influence the people to buy games. That's why I deserve early access and not having my videos blocked by companies. It's cause I get people to buy the games I cover.

Also big gaming youtubers: I actually have no influence and thus responsibility over what people do out of their own "free will".

So which is it.

If you believe the former that you can influence people to buy things then you have to accept the concept of influencing people into doing things. Simple as that dumbass dipshits.

You just articulated my entire take on why PDP distancing himself completely from this is bullshit.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i keep seeing this reddit post pop up in "defense" of pewdiepie
D1vgbh-XcAI6vhc.jpg

like, its complete nonsense, right?

edit: should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it because
1) finding the manifesto at all to even see if there's a source to this claim is hard
2) it is complete nonsense. the problem is it is an easy way to reframe the entire pewdiepie argument as something that the terrorist wants and thats bad
3) even if it was completely true, pewdiepie should still be held somewhat responsible as he never bothered to distance himself away from the alt-right

Last edited:

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At some point Youtube and similar shit companies will have to be held accountable for what they allow and promote on their platform. It's completely fucking criminal and irresponsible to let these corporations operate without oversight or accountability.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
At best he's a useful idiot, but the operative word there is "useful" - and he's been extremely useful to white supremacists. For anyone with a sense of responsibility, this would be a road to Damascus moment and lead to renouncing not just his past flirtations with the far right, but the portion of his fanbase that tacitly or actively supports white supremacist ideology.

This should be the moment where it stops being just a fucking joke to him. If not, well... he either approves of it or he is incapable of empathy.

Kirroyal88

Oct 25, 2018

Exactly like you said "if he were to say the words straight out so that there is little scepticism of his beliefs."

Until he said so in such manner and consistently (which i don't think he will do), i believe he deserves all this criticism.

I still hope that we all wrong and pdp is just a moron who does not understand the extend of his influence on millions of people. I did enjoy his content for a while and i am still hoping and praying that one day he is willing to use his influence to make this world a better place instead.

And for those who thinks Era is on the wrong stance or too "authoritarian" on your view, there are plenty other sites which i know supports your view like those chan sites. Perhaps you lot would fit better there.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
you're all arguing with a 3 post dog whistling burner account even if not the difference is like the difference being a racist as a meme and being racist.

Satine

Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Exactly like you said "if he were to say the words straight out so that there is little scepticism of his beliefs."

Until he said so in such manner and consistently (which i don't think he will do), i believe he deserves all this criticism.

I still hope that we all wrong and pdp is just a moron who does not understand the extend of his influence on millions of people. I did enjoy his content for a while and i am still hoping and praying that one day he is willing to use his influence to make this world a better place instead.

And for those who thinks Era is on the wrong stance or too "authoritarian" on your view, there are plenty other sites which i know supports your view like those chan sites. Perhaps you lot would fit better there.

(I'm liking that your response is less of a personal attack unlike many others on this platform i've seen)
I don't think PDP has done enough to control what some of his fans have done. Just last week the words "sub to pewdiepie" were carved onto a war memorial by some so called "fans". Unlike in this case PDP properly called out what these kids have done and accurately showed that he couldn't tolerate their behaviour.

What happened in Christchurch was an awful part of pushing an agenda of hate and conflict, but in no means was this pewdiepie's agenda.

(also i dare not go over to 4chan, it's not exactly a place i want to go)(I'm more-so on this site to have a proper debate, like this)

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
(I'm liking that your response is less of a personal attack unlike many others on this platform i've seen)
I don't think PDP has done enough to control what some of his fans have done. Just last week the words "sub to pewdiepie" were carved onto a war memorial by some so called "fans". Unlike in this case PDP properly called out what these kids have done and accurately showed that he couldn't tolerate their behaviour.

What happened in Christchurch was an awful part of pushing an agenda of hate and conflict, but in no means was this pewdiepie's agenda.

(also i dare not go over to 4chan, it's not exactly a place i want to go)(I'm more-so on this site to have a proper debate, like this)

PDP has paid people to hold a sign saying 'death to all Jews'.

He definitely does contribute to "pushing an agenda of hate and conflict."

Satine

Banned
Mar 15, 2019
you're all arguing with a 3 post dog whistling burner account even if not the difference is like the difference being a racist as a meme and being racist.
As I have said, we all start somewhere.
- also this is my first time on this site dude, if you're too good to listen to my thoughts, then just don't.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

He is disgusted by somebody that murdered 49 people. The brave man, really denouncing White Supremacy there. Next you'll tell me he doesn't approve of crime.

He could say "hey if you're a White Supremacist prick, fuck you, unsubscribe. Maybe I missed it.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
i keep seeing this reddit post pop up in "defense" of pewdiepie
D1vgbh-XcAI6vhc.jpg

like, its complete nonsense, right?

edit: should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it because
1) finding the manifesto at all to even see if there's a source to this claim is hard
2) it is complete nonsense. the problem is it is an easy way to reframe the entire pewdiepie argument as something that the terrorist wants and thats bad
3) even if it was completely true, pewdiepie should still be held somewhat responsible as he never bothered to distance himself away from the alt-right

I heard the same argument a couple of times on Twitter.
If you dig a little it always turns out that the people perpetuating the argument are racists themselves and from their perspective its completely normal to promote people like Sargon Of Akkad, Ben Shaprio, Lauren Southern and its completely normal for them to use the n-word and actually the only problem about all this are the people who are calling this stuff racist.
Nationalist points of view are also completely normal to them. I mean, if you were to take a look at the thread about this topic on the old forum you'd see people rationalizing this terror attack by opining that mixing cultures just doesn't work and always leads to violence. (Really a community to be proud of, Tyler...)

Bottom line: Its doesn't make sense to let racists decide whats racist and what isn't. Huge news, I know.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
And your argument is?
You think he's sincere because he came out and said he was disgusted. No shit, a man killed 49 people. That you find anything of value from that statement is ridiculous. He doesn't address the bigger issue here of his cult White Supremacy following that he has cultivated. He's disgusted by mass murder. Wow. What a guy!

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
He was given yet another opportunity to distance himself from white nationalism and he failed miserably. He could have easily said "I do not support any acts of racism and xenophobia." Instead he says he is upset his name was mentioned which isn't a lie. He is upset one way or another because its drawing a lot of unwanted attention to him. This is the same word game that Trump plays too.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
And your argument is?
Rjinaz is saying it doesn't take effort to disapprove of mass slaughter. Disapproving of killers is simply base level humanity. It's easy. What would be more impressive and actually go toward ridding himself of the supremacists that flock to him would be flatly decrying white supremacy and bigotry. Not just from the bigots who kill but also the bigots who don't. This statement is no different from republican politicians sending their prayers when a gun massacre happens but not saying anything about the NRA or gun culture or white nationalism because they know inherently that their power, money and status is founded on those very institutions and cultures that propagate the violence. PDP supports white supremacist thought leaders like Stephan Moleneux and Ben Shapiro. If he was actually interested in changing the culture that produces the very bigots that commit acts like this, he would unequivocally renounce such people. It wouldn't even have to be a question. Yet here we are.

Satine

Banned
Mar 15, 2019
You think he's sincere because he came out and said he was disgusted. No shit, a man killed 49 people. That you find anything of value from that statement is ridiculous. He doesn't address the bigger issue here of his cult White Supremacy following that he has cultivated. He's disgusted by mass murder. Wow. What a guy!
Can you explain where this "white supremacist following" is exactly? I watch his videos casually and barely take to twitter, so maybe I'm not quite as read-up on that. I genuinely want an explanation.