• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Please tell me a more progressive and left leaning gaming (or normal) site...
I think the guy's take was weird but I do wanna say that Penny Arcade forums are also very well moderated and I'd say is pretty close to ERA in terms of progressiveness. The traffic is nowhere near as high though. I think in general the more well-moderated a place is, the less the alt-right trolls are able to take root because it's essentially the opposite of chan forums.

Iamcenok

Oct 27, 2017
Hoo boy, one of my co-workers posted in support of leaving Felix alone.
I had some choice words -- but kept it fairly benign and mentioned he should be weary of his actions.

I rarely get into heated FB debates but, jesus. One of her friends came at me.
Have you seen said nazi and jew jokes in context? Because I have and at no time did he make a joke about them. If you're talking about the fiver incident, he was telling everyone on the site to say messed up things because he thought they'd get declined. He didn't mean them and he was shocked when someone actually did what he jokingly asked them to say. Aside from that the only other "nazi joke" he made was using clips of nazis marching when making a joke about how strict youtube's policies were. He had Shapiro host an episode as a literal joke because he thinks Shapiro is fuckin crazy. Context matters. Maybe watch the videos instead of just reading what the media wants to spin about him. "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" is just a meme at this point. A crazy ass shooter yelling out a meme before doing what he did just tells me he's nuts....not that Pewdiepie influenced it. Felix immediately put out a video condemning this asshole and saying how disgusted he was that his name was even in his mouth. Felix has raised millions of dollars for charity and does charity livestreams pretty frequently....which again, tells me you don't watch his videos and you're just regurgitating what few trash articles you've read about him.

I didn't think id encounter one of these peeps after my middle of the line comment. But I can't help but roll my eyes. And then I was told I was virtue signaling by another who decided to go with ad hominem attacks. Oy vey.

EDIT: It makes me sad some people were much more concerned for the millionaires well being over those who suffered in NZ.

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think you have to keep your mouth shut over personal disagreements between you and your friends. You should be able to voice your opinions with one another, and if you disagreeing with them means you might lose them as friends, then I'd wager you were really only friends on a surface level. No reason for you to feel stressed over keeping your opinions or feelings to yourself.

I agree. I think you can voice your opinion (especially if the topic comes up again) without needing it to amount to anything more than that. A person might not have to end any friendships over it, but it's not really fair to have to erase your viewpoint for the sake of friendship either.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
For me, friendship is blind. Outside of that, I think they are good people, but then again...

If I don't address it or keep quiet, I would be silently complicit and therefore part of the problem.
While I understand the sentiment, issues like this can be a sign that they just aren't nice people.

For a story as serious as this, if they can't listen to your opinion and get defensive then they are basically shitty people deep down.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Hoo boy, one of my co-workers posted in support of leaving Felix alone.
I had some choice words -- but kept it fairly benign and mentioned he should be weary of his actions.

I rarely get into heated FB debates but, jesus. One of her friends came at me.

I didn't think id encounter one of these peeps after my middle of the line comment. But I can't help but roll my eyes. And then I was told I was virtue signaling by another who decided to go with ad hominem attacks. Oy vey.

EDIT: It makes me sad some people were much more concerned for the millionaires well being over those who suffered in NZ.
This is basically my friends too.

I just see a lot of similarity in the way people defend PDP and Vic.

They fully believe that the reason there's so much negative press about PDP is because he's a famous Youtuber and thus easy clickbait money for the media when they write controversies about him.

I pointed out that Markiplier, JackSepticEye don't have anything like these kinds of controversies. Then they tried to false equivalence by saying they too had a controvery when they made the Cloak brand to sell overpriced gamer clothing and saying it's for "everyone"

Like WTF? How is that even remotely comparable to the non-stop alt-right controversies PDP keeps getting into?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There is no such statement in the manifesto, pewdiepie is not even mentioned, Candace Owens is, but he did not took inspiration from her but claims she radicalised him. He truly took inspiration from Breivik.
This is a meaningless distinction. He didn't take inspiration for how to carry out the shooting from Candace Owens because she's never carried out a shooting, but if he's saying that she radicalized him, he took inspiration from her by definition. She's an underlying influence.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, I've been reading up some PewDiePie issue that I was less knowledgeable about, and... well, I'll let you all think for yourselves.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59q98k/pewdiepie-alinity-copyright-feud-twitch-fails

While Kjellberg struggled to keep his eyes off their chests, he "jokingly" called women in the video "stupid Twitch thots," a derogatory term for women that stands for "that ho [whore] over there." Alinity saw a video and retaliated by filing a copyright claim with YouTube.

In his latest video on the subject, uploaded Wednesday, Kjellberg chastised Alinity for filing the claim, and suggested that Alinity somehow deserves the abuse she is getting online for wearing revealing clothes. He shows examples of times when she wore a sheer top and her bra straps showed, or when she played Just Dance in a dress.

"You're just playing games with the shortest skirt ever, that's our fault for looking at it in any sexual way, right?" Kjellberg said in the video. "I know you don't portray yourself to be the smartest person, but I know you're not that dumb to not be aware of what you're doing," he says. "Showing your underwear on screen? That's our fault, right?"

Sunday, Kjellberg retweeted a video of a fan of his saying they were going to report Alinity to the "Canadian immigration control" to his 16 million followers. The implication here is that Alinity got a fraud marriage to establish residency and should be deported, something that goes beyond online harassment and threatens her physical safety.

https://www.gamerevolution.com/tech/403705-pewdiepie-defends-twitch-thot-comments-amid-controversy

In a new YouTube video, PewDiePie claims that the presence of the women he refers to as "thots" (an abbreviation of "that hoe over there") is hurting "actual, decent female streamers." The YouTuber added that "not all of them, but a lot of them, are just interested in making a buck through parasocial relationships."
In my opinion, media a lot of times care more about throwing labels around and controlling ideas rather than fixing actual problems that they're pretending to be fighting for," the YouTuber told his viewers.

https://www.newsweek.com/pewdiepie-alinity-twitch-copy-strike-youtube-drama-reddit-941546

On Wednesday, Pewdiepie released another video in this long and confusing saga. "BAN PEWDIEPIE" is a 13-minute-long video odyssey, where Kjellberg criticizes Alinity's content and her streaming career, claiming "I didn't say anything until I was forced to defend myself." Kjellberg added, "It was the internet that came after Alinity for her poor choice of action and poor choice of words. Reflecting that back on me and my community is just ridiculous."

Pewdiepie ends the video by pointing to the hypocrisy of Twitch allowing Alinity to persist without ever giving her a 24-hour ban. She claims to have shown nudity on stream, and even drops the n-word in the exact same stream where she apologizes, both bannable offenses and serious violations of the site's terms and services

"She keeps playing the victim, because she keeps getting away with it," Kjellberg said. "Twitch has shown a bias with female streamers for a long time."

Kjellberg ends the video by saying that he doesn't want Alinity banned, but "it might be good for her."

"Stop streaming for a few days because you're not making the situation better," he said.

And while it's not part of this specific situation, let me again include some of his comments from another topic.

https://www.mandatory.com/living/12...olitician-believes-women-less-intelligent-men

PewDiePie then went on to discuss the gender wage gap. "What they did with the gender gap is they took all men, and all women, and did a median on it and said 'oh okay, women earn this amount less than men in general,'" he said."What they didn't take into account was pretty much anything at all, like women working less hours, women choosing less high-paying jobs and so on." He concluded: "If you're a female watching this, I want you to know that you are not what the media or politicians or people on Twitter try to tell you… or even what I am [trying to tell you]. You're not weak, you are not less privileged, you are strong. I think it's a real unhealthy way of looking at things. What happened to 'I am a woman hear me roar?' It's become 'I am a woman, I earn less than men.'"

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
If it looks like shit,smells like shit and tastes like shit......it's probably shit.
Quite strange how so many can't seem to see this though......still,the forum got a good cleansing so that's something(mostly burner accounts I assume).
Translation for any of my american cousins who aren't familiar with the above.....pewdiepie=shit.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
People already hated him here but holy fuck what happened is another level. The name pewdiepie and the whole 'subscribe' meme should be cursed. Untouchable. He should burn that account and donate all ad rev to the victims/family. If he wants to keep making vids it needs to be a whole new channel whilst telling everyone don't fucking continue the 'subscribe' meme because its fucking associated with a mass killing. The fact that hes loaded should make this a whole lot easier.

Anything short of that just ain't right.

teacup

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

He's a virtue signalling dickhead. Calls women thots and then criticises a woman for wearing a skirt. Then goes on to talk about how woman can beat the wage gap? Christ.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He's a virtue signalling dickhead. Calls women thots and then criticises a woman for wearing a skirt. Then goes on to talk about how woman can beat the wage gap? Christ.

Look at that bit about the wage gap again, too. He's telling women that they can make more money if they shut up and start working harder. Does that match up with how he's trying to frame the comment?

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
This is a reoccurring theme in his content. Just recently he criticized Brie Larson and went on about how people "love" playing the victim. IIRC, he's discussed the Gillette ad with the usual right-wing talking points as well. Back in early December he even retweeted Steven Crowder's support for him. This kind of stuff combined with his constant attacking of "the media" just continues to ease people down the same fuckshit rabbit hole. It's not uncommon to see comments praising him for being the only reliable news source out there.

Last edited:

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
If it looks like shit,smells like shit and tastes like shit......it's probably shit.
Quite strange how so many can't seem to see this though......still,the forum got a good cleansing so that's something(mostly burner accounts I assume).
Translation for any of my american cousins who aren't familiar with the above.....pewdiepie=shit.

Agreed. These topics are the definition of sunlight makes good disinfectant. You just have to follow up with more cleaner after it shows itself.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've ended up having a chat with some of my group of friends on League of Legends about it and I was of the agreement that regardless of whether PewDiePie intentionally believes in these controversial subjects or just using it to pander to his audience, I think what PewDiePie have fostered in his fanbase for the past several years is extremely toxic.

However this is one of those subjects I can't really bring up without breaking friendships. Already the subject of such a thing brought instant disagreements such as "He did it for the memes" and "Parents should be controlling what the kids are watching. He shouldn't be a role model".

It's like should I just shut up about it and be silently compliant for the sake of friendship or do I fight back against it and bring to myself stress and anxiety as I fight back against those ideals?

It constantly feels like that for me in any gaming community I'm a part of.

You're the only one who can know how to deal with that on your end.

Personally i have ejected all that trash from my life. Life's too short to waste on bad people.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying Hate Speech
What the hell is this thread all about? Come on people you surely have better things to invest your time in

The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like PDP just purged all his tweets past February? Still following all the same people though.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What the hell is this thread all about? Come on people you surely have better things to invest your time in
It's about a racist man and his rabid following of 80+ million impressionable people who have been influenced by increasingly toxic rhetoric to mobilize themselves in his defense, and his refusal to acknowledge the impact of his incredibly large reach, consistent casual bigotry, and promotion of much more extreme personas.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2019
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying Hate Speech
I'm fairly certain Felix has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro. He's clearly on the right/conservatism side. People got fooled because he's funny, has that cool attitude and all, but he clearly is. I'm shocked people realized this now or need to search on his twitter to see who he does or doesn't follow. Pewdiepie is the embodiement of what an human 4chan would talk and think like. 4chan is funny, hard to recommand, borderline, controversial and clearly on the right side of the political spectrum. Pewdiepie is exactly that. Yes, Pewdiepie is more on the right and conservatism spectrum of political ideas. It's like some people tried to believe otherwise because they wanted him to be left, just so they could feel better at watching his content.

Does being a right/consevatist make him a white suprematist ? Nope, not even close.
Does being a right/conservatist make him accountable for what a 28 year old deranged adult did in NZ ? Certainly not, even if the killer was making references of Pewdiepie.

There are a lot of fucked-up people in the world. You can never be certain a jackass on pills will not do something awful and despicable in your name. When hardcore salafist kill innocents people in Syria or Irak, they do it in the name of Islam or to defend what they - wrongly - think to be muslim values. Should all muslim or the Quran be accountable for all those deaths ? No, certainly not. All those innocent killings by salafists are the awful deeds of crazy and bloodlusted people.

When someone deranged scream he's killing innocent people in the name of Pewdiepie or uses his meme or anything, should Pewdiepie be held accountable for it ? Certainly not because there are no double standard to have.

It smells a lot like people in this thread just hated him prior this event and just use this event to hate him even more. It's fine, but trying to paint him as a white suprematist because he said the N-word once or because he's inviting Ben Shapiro on his shows is just being dumb and very obtuse. Trying to held him accountable for the NZ killing because some want to believe hard he's a white supermatist is even dumber and pretty transparent. You don't have to find yourself dumb excuses to hate Pewdiepie.

Nov 7, 2017
80 million people follow this pewdiepie kid? What's his entertainment anyway, like what's his channel about??

It's sad he won't do more to condemn the white supremacist base that follows him. He cares about them a lot more than the rest of his followers whoever the hell they are anyway.

Man am I glad I got an education instead of being some YouTube tool. Just goes to show how important education is, especially in a society that doesn't value it as much as we used to. No wonder we have idiots like this kid and others.

emileber

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Junior phase account with a history of excusing bigotry and downplaying hate speech
I'm fairly certain Felix has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro. He's clearly on the right/conservatism side. People got fooled because he's funny, has that cool attitude and all, but he clearly is. I'm shocked people realized this now or need to search on his twitter to see who he does or doesn't follow. Pewdiepie is the embodiement of what an human 4chan would talk and think like. 4chan is funny, hard to recommand, borderline, controversial and clearly on the right side of the political spectrum. Pewdiepie is exactly that. Yes, Pewdiepie is more on the right and conservatism spectrum of political ideas. It's like some people tried to believe otherwise because they wanted him to be left, just so they could feel better at watching his content.

Does being a right/consevatist make him a white suprematist ? Nope, not even close.
Does being a right/conservatist make him accountable for what a 28 year old deranged adult did in NZ ? Certainly not, even if the killer was making references of Pewdiepie.

There are a lot of fucked-up people in the world. You can never be certain a jackass on pills will not do something awful and despicable in your name. When hardcore salafist kill innocents people in Syria or Irak, they do it in the name of Islam or to defend what they - wrongly - think to be muslim values. Should all muslim or the Quran be accountable for all those deaths ? No, certainly not. All those innocent killings by salafists are the awful deeds of crazy and bloodlusted people.

When someone deranged scream he's killing innocent people in the name of Pewdiepie or uses his meme or anything, should Pewdiepie be held accountable for it ? Certainly not because there are no double standard to have.

It smells a lot like people in this thread just hated him prior this event and just use this event to hate him even more. It's fine, but trying to paint him as a white suprematist because he said the N-word once or because he's inviting Ben Shapiro on his shows is just being dumb and very obtuse. Trying to held him accountable for the NZ killing because some want to believe hard he's a white supermatist is even dumber and pretty transparent. You don't have to find yourself dumb excuses to hate Pewdiepie.
Voice of reason right here!!!

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
Why are people here so angry and saying "fuck off" and all sorts of nasty things. It's like the level of hatred in these situations is inflated even in these terrible times where families are crying over their loved ones lost.

I apologize in advance if it seems I'm not taking things more seriously, because I am! But surely we don't need to get angry, shout out vile things to people because they don't fit into your agenda.

This youtuber has been troubled for the longest time and he has done both vile and good things but I think in the end he needs a well deserved break from the internet. Because having millions of people listening to that type of ignorance, especially children is the most disturbing part of this whole thing.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
However this is one of those subjects I can't really bring up without breaking friendships. Already the subject of such a thing brought instant disagreements such as "He did it for the memes" and "Parents should be controlling what the kids are watching. He shouldn't be a role model".
but he is a role model, when you have 80 million of people that can watch you daily you are a role model, being a good or bad one it's entirely on him.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He follows white supremacists.

If you follow white supremacists, that is a problem.

You can conceivably follow white supremacists and it would be okay. Like, maybe you're investigating them so you can report on them.

You can't conceivably follow white supremacists and have it be okay if you're saying stuff like

PewDiePie, who was the subject of controversy earlier this year following a Wall Street Journal report regarding "anti-Semitic" jokes featured in his videos, appears at the end of the video to discuss his thoughts on the interview with Korwin-Mikke. "The first time I watched this, my initial reaction was 'holy s*** this guy is insane, what the f*** is he saying? He's definitely sexist,'" he said. "But second time I watched it, interpreting all his stumbling and mumbling, I understand what he's trying to say. Like he said many times, he's not saying women should earn less, he's saying they are because of these reasons."

PewDiePie continued: "I don't know if there's a statistic that shows that women in general are less intelligent than men, and if there is I'd say 'what's the f***ing point?'"

Note, the person he's agreeing with:

Korwin-Mikke is a notorious figure in Polish politics, with him having previously been suspended from parliament as a result of sexist comments he made regarding the pay gap between men and women. Speaking in March, he said: "Of course women must earn less than men because they are weaker, they are smaller, they are less intelligent. They must earn less." He later added that there is a "20th century stereotype that women have the same intellectual potential as men," saying that it "must be destroyed because it is not true." He was also suspended in 2015 for calling migrants "human garbage" (via Unian), suspended again for raising his hand in a Nazi salute in protest against a German-led EU transporting ticket (via Politico), and also suggested that Adolf Hitler was not aware of the holocaust during World War II. He has also previously been condemned by his fellow MEPs for stating that the "minimum wage should be destroyed as we would be treating 20 million young Europeans like n******."

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Instead of wasting your time recycling all this nonsense for the millionth time, you should have read those threadmarks instead. You would have saved everybody else's time too. There's only so many times one can read the same drivel without going insane but maybe that's the endgame.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people here so angry and saying "fuck off" and all sorts of nasty things. It's like the level of hatred in these situations is inflated even in these terrible times where families are crying over their loved ones lost.

I apologize in advance if it seems I'm not taking things more seriously, because I am! But surely we don't need to get angry, shout out vile things to people because they don't fit into your agenda.

This youtuber has been troubled for the longest time and he has done both vile and good things but I think in the end he needs a well deserved break from the internet. Because having millions of people listening to that type of ignorance, especially children is the most disturbing part of this whole thing.
Someone think of the poor rich white man who makes millions playing video games when he isnt making anti-semetic jokes or doing the hard job of being a racist while playing a video game and not the people who lost their lives or their families because a person who has a grasp of millions of kids growth decides to feed them alt-right rhetoric

jaksek

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (permanent): Trolling and defending fascism
You can conceivably follow white supremacists and it would be okay. Like, maybe you're investigating them so you can report on them.

You can't conceivably follow white supremacists and have it be okay if you're saying stuff like

Note, the person he's agreeing with:

Ale korwina króla Polski to ty kurwiu szanuj.

Niech żyje wolna polska precz z komuno

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
Here, have a slightly more comprehensive list, put together by yours truly:
unknown.png
It's like a shitlord supergroup.