• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I'm fairly certain Felix has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro. He's clearly on the right/conservatism side. People got fooled because he's funny, has that cool attitude and all, but he clearly is. I'm shocked people realized this now or need to search on his twitter to see who he does or doesn't follow. Pewdiepie is the embodiement of what an human 4chan would talk and think like. 4chan is funny, hard to recommand, borderline, controversial and clearly on the right side of the political spectrum. Pewdiepie is exactly that. Yes, Pewdiepie is more on the right and conservatism spectrum of political ideas. It's like some people tried to believe otherwise because they wanted him to be left, just so they could feel better at watching his content.

Does being a right/consevatist make him a white suprematist ? Nope, not even close.
Does being a right/conservatist make him accountable for what a 28 year old deranged adult did in NZ ? Certainly not, even if the killer was making references of Pewdiepie.

There are a lot of fucked-up people in the world. You can never be certain a jackass on pills will not do something awful and despicable in your name. When hardcore salafist kill innocents people in Syria or Irak, they do it in the name of Islam or to defend what they - wrongly - think to be muslim values. Should all muslim or the Quran be accountable for all those deaths ? No, certainly not. All those innocent killings by salafists are the awful deeds of crazy and bloodlusted people.

When someone deranged scream he's killing innocent people in the name of Pewdiepie or uses his meme or anything, should Pewdiepie be held accountable for it ? Certainly not because there are no double standard to have.

It smells a lot like people in this thread just hated him prior this event and just use this event to hate him even more. It's fine, but trying to paint him as a white suprematist because he said the N-word once or because he's inviting Ben Shapiro on his shows is just being dumb and very obtuse. Trying to held him accountable for the NZ killing because some want to believe hard he's a white supermatist is even dumber and pretty transparent. You don't have to find yourself dumb excuses to hate Pewdiepie.

A) It's already been discussed that this isn't about just PDP
B) There's a difference between being conservative and being someone who feeds into the ideals of white supremacy and minority oppression. The evidence has been provided why PDP following and sharing the beliefs of people like Lauren Southern and Ben Shapiro isn't harmless. These are people who breed bigots and normalize the bigotry that reinforces the mentality of bigots both violent and non-violent
C) This isn't about sentencing PDP to jail for a killing he didn't do. In order to create less and less violent bigots, people with large platforms need to change how they speak. PDP by making light of things like the genocide of Jews not only is harmful to Jewish individuals but reinforces within bigots that the death of people they deem undesirable shouldn't be taken seriously.
D) People aren't painting him as a white supremacist sympathizer just because he hangs with Ben Shapiro or just because he says the N-word but because he doubles down when pepole tell him why such behavior isn't ok
E) You're free to believe that literally everyone making this case is just jealous of PDP if that makes you feel better but it doesn't change the fact that the reason we are in this state today is because people like PDP and yourself make excuses for not listening when minorities and disenfranchised people tell you exactly why violent bigots continue to feel emboldened

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I'm fairly certain Felix has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro. He's clearly on the right/conservatism side. People got fooled because he's funny, has that cool attitude and all, but he clearly is. I'm shocked people realized this now or need to search on his twitter to see who he does or doesn't follow. Pewdiepie is the embodiement of what an human 4chan would talk and think like. 4chan is funny, hard to recommand, borderline, controversial and clearly on the right side of the political spectrum. Pewdiepie is exactly that. Yes, Pewdiepie is more on the right and conservatism spectrum of political ideas. It's like some people tried to believe otherwise because they wanted him to be left, just so they could feel better at watching his content.

Does being a right/consevatist make him a white suprematist ? Nope, not even close.
Does being a right/conservatist make him accountable for what a 28 year old deranged adult did in NZ ? Certainly not, even if the killer was making references of Pewdiepie.

There are a lot of fucked-up people in the world. You can never be certain a jackass on pills will not do something awful and despicable in your name. When hardcore salafist kill innocents people in Syria or Irak, they do it in the name of Islam or to defend what they - wrongly - think to be muslim values. Should all muslim or the Quran be accountable for all those deaths ? No, certainly not. All those innocent killings by salafists are the awful deeds of crazy and bloodlusted people.

When someone deranged scream he's killing innocent people in the name of Pewdiepie or uses his meme or anything, should Pewdiepie be held accountable for it ? Certainly not because there are no double standard to have.

It smells a lot like people in this thread just hated him prior this event and just use this event to hate him even more. It's fine, but trying to paint him as a white suprematist because he said the N-word once or because he's inviting Ben Shapiro on his shows is just being dumb and very obtuse. Trying to held him accountable for the NZ killing because some want to believe hard he's a white supermatist is even dumber and pretty transparent. You don't have to find yourself dumb excuses to hate Pewdiepie.
Except America is raining bombs on innocents because of Daesh. No one is ever going to held some richass kids accountable in California.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
this isn't an agenda, this is people posting in bad faith trying to downplay a mass murder. it's not the difficult
Yeah. Just not used to reading so much nasty things about him... it's unreal how much influence the Internet often has over people.

I'm sorry but the real world scares the living crap out of me and the internet has only fueled that even more.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Are you serious? You blame pewdiepie for something he has zero to do with.... its kinda sad to what breeds out of outrage culture.

Messages1

tumblr_inline_pi7ue5isZj1vgcxlz_540.gif

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

He's also promoted the videos of Neo Nazis quaintly hidden within video collages. He's steeped himself in the pool of extreme right-wing personas, and pushes their influence to a following of impressionable youth in greater numbers than MOST countries' populations on Earth, yet you want to diminish the scope of his influence. The racist political party UKIP is actively promoting him, and a mass murdering terrorist is promoting him, because they know he is recruiting countless people to their 'red-pilled' extremism. That's what he promotes; it's his byproduct.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Why are people here so angry and saying "fuck off" and all sorts of nasty things. It's like the level of hatred in these situations is inflated even in these terrible times where families are crying over their loved ones lost.

I apologize in advance if it seems I'm not taking things more seriously, because I am! But surely we don't need to get angry, shout out vile things to people because they don't fit into your agenda.
People are dying because of the exact type of rhetoric PDP supports and trades in. Jewish people, Muslims, black people, trans and homosexual people, women continue to be slaughtered and we continue to have the same conversations because people like PDP, Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Paul Joseph Watson and on continue to spread harmful rhetoric while being defended by people who come out of the woodwork. People have the right to be emotional and angry when answering the same exact questions and misinterpretations that have repeated not only within the 50 pages of this topic but in topics like these all over ERA. This isn't about agendas or politics. This is about life and death.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
It's all fun and games, mingling with white supremacists, laughing at "hilarious" kill the Jews "jokes", signal boosting racists, etc. Until shit gets real. NOW he wants to distance himself from the filth he was so eager to wallow in before. Funny that.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is my real account, since I'm new to the forum and never even heard of this hive of mouth breathing fools. I only found this due to a man named the quartering.
The worst part is this is so clearly someone's alt and when it's banned they have to put their human mask back on and pretend not to be a total piece of shit so they can talk about video games.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is my real account, since I'm new to the forum and never even heard of this hive of mouth breathing fools. I only found this due to a man named the quartering.
Cool, go back to the shit hole where you can idolize someone so bigoted and hateful that he made his life's mission a crusade against women. How embarrassing. How pathetic that there are enough people to celebrate that talking cesspool that he's still pushing videos to any audience.

Sxbrady

Banned
Feb 18, 2019
User banned (permanent): troll account
Era needs to start charging for new accounts. This site would make a mint from all these fools.
Oh he made a few jokes. He is bad, shooting happens far far away.... it's Pewdiepies fault! Do you know how fucking stupid everyone on this forum sounds? For real you people cry about any kinda freedom of speech and you push left wing censorship policies so hard if anyone says anything you disagree with you cry a enough water to fix flint Michigan's water problem. Lmao you guys are so triggered.

Mar 11, 2019
This is a meaningless distinction. He didn't take inspiration for how to carry out the shooting from Candace Owens because she's never carried out a shooting, but if he's saying that she radicalized him, he took inspiration from her by definition. She's an underlying influence.

Since the thread primary is focused on pewdiepie, my point was at least be accurate in the OP, especially when dealing with this terrible event.

In regard to Owens, if someone radicalised him that brought him closer to doing such an event, I would see it as worse then from one who he took inspiration (am I not right in this?). However the opinion piece I posted argues that he used Owens as "bait to spark division", and explained why that is.

Dec 2, 2017
Oh he made a few jokes. He is bad, shooting happens far far away.... it's Pewdiepies fault! Do you know how fucking stupid everyone on this forum sounds? For real you people cry about any kinda freedom of speech and you push left wing censorship policies so hard if anyone says anything you disagree with you cry a enough water to fix flint Michigan's water problem. Lmao you guys are so triggered.
You guys sure have a lot of burner accounts.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Found the guy with the mind of a 13 year old.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

For someone who just signed up you sure know a lot about us.

Come on now, whose alt is this?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
the next time an alt account comes up i'm going to point out that brown people drink milk too and that's why india is is so big on cows just to watch them burst into flames

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Says the baby throwing a temper tantrum in response. Who exactly is triggered?

Imagine being so pathetic that you feel the need to raid a site just to fling your feces at a group of people discussing things like the ramifications of mainstream, coded, hate speech. That might be too difficult, so instead, maybe try imagining being so infantile that you feel the need to pout and defend your millionaire idols who will never even know you exist?

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't call it fascist per se, just very offensive and deluded. And breaking the forum rules.

This is what i got from google:

But the corvette of the king of Poland is you whore respect. Long live a free Poland far away from the communion.

Sounds like some nationalistic nonsense though Corvettes are American so maybe it's really about the king of Poland being a (((globalist))). And Poland should be free from going to Sunday Communion or something.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Everyone who amplifies and traffics in white supremacist speech shares responsibility for white supremacist violence and terrorism.
It's a simple equation but the straight fact is that there's alot of people that know that and don't care. They'd rather just try and convince others that there's zero link between bigoted violence and bigoted hate speech.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
That must be it.

PewDiePie is investigating them.

That line looks really bad when it's separated from the rest of the post, so I'm just going to reiterate that the following white supremacist doesn't meant you agree with them argument doesn't work when you've already put yourself on record agreeing with them. The reality doesn't line up with the hypothetical where he had some innocent motive, so who cares about that hypothetical.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
That must be it.

PewDiePie is investigating them.

Technically, it is not an improbable idea at all. But the issue is that we are talking about a person who has millions of followers who can seem him publicly following these right wing trolls and white supremacists. Furthermore, given his shout outs to Stefan M., Peter J. and his (presumably now cancelled) interview with Ben S., "joked" about 'Death to Jews', making casual racist and sexist comments, I would be hard pressed to believe that investigating them was his intention, ever.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
This is what i got from google:

But the corvette of the king of Poland is you whore respect. Long live a free Poland far away from the communion.

Sounds like some nationalistic nonsense though Corvettes are American so maybe it's really about the king of Poland being a (((globalist))). And Poland should be free from going to Sunday Communion or something.

First sentence is calling you names. Second sentence is about fighting communists. Mostly rambling.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
It's about a racist man and his rabid following of 80+ million impressionable people who have been influenced by increasingly toxic rhetoric to mobilize themselves in his defense, and his refusal to acknowledge the impact of his incredibly large reach, consistent casual bigotry, and promotion of much more extreme personas.

It's about the US president?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You say he has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro, how they are not white supremacist? Shapìro is a well known islamophobe, the killer mentioned they want to keep islamic people out of white people countries, can't you see the relationship? Can't you see that hardcore salafists kills innocent people on the name of islam, there are ideologists, people who propagates those ideas, those harmful, hateful ideas? People like Shapiro and Petterson are the ones spreading the kind of bigotry that turned a man into a mass killer. That 70 pages manifesto dosn't come from pills, it comes from years of norturing a hateful ideology on internet, on 4chan, 8chan and youtube, the site you say PDP embodies. You can separate what the killer did without understanding where it come from.

PDP is a gateway for that ideology, he's someone, through his channel, that introduces that ideology to millions and millions of people. When he critices Brie Larson, is not just an conservatism dude saying stuff against a woman, is part of a cultural war, is part of a discourse to recruit people into that ideology.

He's basically one of those ISIS agents that tries to lure young people into their hateful, awful ideology. Willingly or not, that's what his channel is doing.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
"Blaming Gamers" At some point, you just gotta laugh at how fucking stupid alot of this gaming YT are. Time to rise up from the oppression am I right? Fucking mediocre lame asses.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Blaming Gamers" At some point, you just gotta laugh at how fucking stupid alot of this gaming YT are. Time to rise up from the oppression am I right? Fucking mediocre lame asses.

Unfortunately i wouldn't call them stupid. They are making good money from idiots and spreading their odious beliefs. It's a win for them. People with no scruples whatsoever only care about how they come out ahead. Stupid are the sheep who follow them and waste time creating burner accounts that last 5 minutes.