• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i keep seeing this reddit post pop up in "defense" of pewdiepie
D1vgbh-XcAI6vhc.jpg

like, its complete nonsense, right?

edit: should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it because
1) finding the manifesto at all to even see if there's a source to this claim is hard
2) it is complete nonsense. the problem is it is an easy way to reframe the entire pewdiepie argument as something that the terrorist wants and thats bad
3) even if it was completely true, pewdiepie should still be held somewhat responsible as he never bothered to distance himself away from the alt-right
I had someone linking me that image the other day on Twitter when I was talking about PewDiePie. I just told them "you have no critical thinking skills to not see the frequent links and escalation." and that was the end of that.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
People are dying because of the exact type of rhetoric PDP supports and trades in. Jewish people, Muslims, black people, trans and homosexual people, women continue to be slaughtered and we continue to have the same conversations because people like PDP, Alex Jones, Ben Shapiro, Paul Joseph Watson and on continue to spread harmful rhetoric while being defended by people who come out of the woodwork. People have the right to be emotional and angry when answering the same exact questions and misinterpretations that have repeated not only within the 50 pages of this topic but in topics like these all over ERA. This isn't about agendas or politics. This is about life and death.
I agree with you.

It's life that triggers many emotions within me and seeing this type of stuff hurts me to the core.

Also seeing people's reactions makes me even more mindful of other things... what a train wreck 😞

RedbullCola

Oct 26, 2017
The reddit image keeps getting sent to me on Twitter, his fans are out in force.

Here's the thing: I am not going to let a terrorist manifesto tell me how to react to something. It's written by a mass murderer. I've read the document, it's all about mass murdering Muslims - then tries to spin it as a meme culture war.

Fuck that guy who wrote it.
Fuck the people who think he should control how I feel (that is terrorism).
Fuck the people who think a random Reddit post screenshot should dictate how people react.

Let's have an honest conversation about this.
Maybe instead of "Subscribe to PewDiePie".. we don't.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Oh he made a few jokes. He is bad, shooting happens far far away.... it's Pewdiepies fault! Do you know how fucking stupid everyone on this forum sounds? For real you people cry about any kinda freedom of speech and you push left wing censorship policies so hard if anyone says anything you disagree with you cry a enough water to fix flint Michigan's water problem. Lmao you guys are so triggered.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
On the contrary, finding someone who courts a ban because he's a Korwin-Mikke fan on a forum like Resetera is bizzare. That's like dying on a hill no one can see. This thread is delivering on the banwagon.

I'm imagining that by the time this thread ends, someone's going to get banned for being a Gilles de Rais stan or something.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Oh he made a few jokes. He is bad, shooting happens far far away.... it's Pewdiepies fault! Do you know how fucking stupid everyone on this forum sounds? For real you people cry about any kinda freedom of speech and you push left wing censorship policies so hard if anyone says anything you disagree with you cry a enough water to fix flint Michigan's water problem.

Hey. Here's some shit Felix has done;

-Said the N Word on video
-Amplified the youtube channel of a white supremacist
-Performed the heil salute on video
-paid people to hold up a sign that said "death to all jews"
-surrounds himself with alt right scum of the earth

In doing so he has signal boosted white supremacist rhetoric to a generation that doesn't even realize they're being manipulated. Like yourself for example.

Lmao you guys are so triggered.

Says person who created an account to talk shit and defend their millionaire idol. Just think about that for a minute, really think about it.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reddit image keeps getting sent to me on Twitter, his fans are out in force.

Here's the thing: I am not going to let a terrorist manifesto tell me how to react to something. It's written by a mass murderer. I've read the document, it's all about mass murdering Muslims - then tries to spin it as a meme culture war.

Fuck that guy who wrote it.
Fuck the people who think he should control how I feel (that is terrorism).
Fuck the people who think a random Reddit post screenshot should dictate how people react.

Let's have an honest conversation about this.
Maybe instead of "Subscribe to PewDiePie".. we don't.
no one is saying you have to let the terrorist control how you react. we are saying maybe you should wonder how we got here? who harbors this shit? it's not done in a vacuum.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
this is my very first post on this brand new forum I discovered all on my own and I am appalled

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I'm starting to think if junior accounts should be banned from posting on certain threads. I'm wondering if the forum software would support that?

webcivilian

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Heaven
I don't really get the appeal of defending someone who is a stranger. This person clearly is either obsessed with racist and terrible people or I might even say that he is a racist and a terrible person based on his behavior. But again, why defend him? Is this person your intimate friend that you know their private lives and their secrets? Most of these racist people are closet racist until they out themselves.

herminihildo

Oct 30, 2017
Damn. I was wondering why this thread reached 2600+ posts. I didn't expect people to create new accounts here just to defend this guy.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
LOL I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they just have a google doc on whatever source they spring from with a "I've never liked PDP but..." spiel they copy/paste from.

Actually, during the height of Gamergate, I looked into /gg/ and they had stuff like that.

1414786489840v2kmf.png

They also had a draft for a Vivian James VN where almost all of the characters were Nazis. Not exaggerating. Vivian's uncle, her friend Polina (/pol/'s Gamergate anime girl mascot), and Polina's dad "the one man Auschwitz".

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
stop killing my fun!

Nah, let them show their asses and be dealt with accordingly.

It gets kind of repetitive and boring after a while, especially if you frequent threads like the sexualization one. I really wish they were at least a bit more imaginative or memorable; they all sound the exact same, as if reading from some script. But I guess expecting a modicum of creativity or intelligence from someone with nothing more productive to do with their time is not realistic.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Actually, during the height of Gamergate, I looked into /gg/ and they had stuff like that.

1414786489840v2kmf.png

They also had a draft for a Vivian James VN where almost all of the characters were Nazis. Not exaggerating. Vivian's uncle, her friend Polina (/pol/'s Gamergate anime girl mascot), and Polina's dad "the one man Auschwitz".
I really shouldn't be surprised. It's kinda a trend with these people. I can't remember but I think either Brietbart or some such white supremacist source had their own style manual for spreading bigotry.
EDIT: Found it. It was the Daily Stormer (HuffPo)

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm starting to think if junior accounts should be banned from posting on certain threads. I'm wondering if the forum software would support that?
I don't know is this is possible but I think it's actually a fantastic idea and any Mods reading this, if you could let us know if it's at least possible that would be great.

Now for those against this idea, I really don't see why it wouldn't be good.

All that is currently happening in these emotionally charged threads is we get a tonne of burner accounts come in, shit the thread up and then get banned. It actively disrupts any genuine conversation and more importantly it doesn't solve anything.

These cowards already have their main accounts so banning one of their disposable ones doesn't get rid of the problem.

Unless they decide to risk it with their mains we aren't going to get rid of them so allowing them to cause disruptions and pollute the forum only hurts the forum and genuine posters. These scumbags don't care if they wasted 5 minutes creating a new account because the satisfaction they get from coming in and calling us a hive mind and extreme leftists outways it.

Seriously, I'm half tempted to create a thread about this possibility but I figure the Mods probably wouldn't want it so if any can comment that would be really hopeful.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: Is Ethan Klein a problem? I don't follow him but I see him on twitter from time to time and he seems fine. Just wondering how he fits in with the rest of these.
he pushes that "triggered feminist" bullshit.
macrumors does this. i think they use some old ass software tho