• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
I guess there is no slowing down this train. It doesn't seem like any of his questionable actions have really slowed this guy down. I'm not sure what that says for the world we live in TBH

Felix "PewDiePie" Kjellberg has finally hit 100 million subscribers.
Though he lost the battle to be the first channel to hit the milestone to Indian music channel T-Series, last night he finally crossed the threshold himself, becoming the first solo creator to do so.
To put that into perspective, there's no-one else even close to this achievement; as Forbes points out, 5-Minutes Crafts is the closest with 60 million subs.
Despite a publicly fractious relationship, even YouTube took time to celebrate. "Married to marziapie. Revived our love of Minecraft. Reached 100 million subscribers on YouTube. What a month to celebrate and congratulate PewDiePie," said a tweet on the platform's official Twitter account.

OG YOLOwen

Banned
Mar 24, 2019
When did people go from pointing and laughing at him to unironically supporting and liking his content?

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
He's as deserving of his fame and money as Trump.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Who said being a racist wasn't a good career move?

It's funny because it's true in today's rotten world. SMH

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Do people ever really unsubscribe?

New generations of kids sub to him while the older ones grow out of it. The total seems kinda moot at this point.

Still, it's impressive to be able to claim that that at least 1/70th of the world knows you and has watched videos of you.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying I agree at all with this attitude, but most people really don't give a shit about controversial things that entertainers do and say. It really does not matter.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
As a swede I guess I should know all about this guy, he's famous after all, but I still don't get how ever he managed to get this popular, the little I've seen is just him badly playing some horror game while screaming and exaggerating like crazy. Amusing if you're 12 I guess. Still, congrats.
/ not at all jealous of his economical situation.......

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Guess a bit of racist name-calling here, and a little bit of pointing viewers to white supremacist content there, makes one really popular nowadays.

EDIT: I at least appreciate the Eurogamer article mentioning some of his controversies. Watch a ton of other sites totally ignore that.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Not a fan. It's impressive how he has just gotten worse with time too, first he was just another annoying regular overreacting Youtuber screaming at video games. But nowadays he is also courting alt-right (has been for a while).

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Pandering and dog whistling to racists really boosts your numbers in general. Sure he was always big but he blew up even more after his "gamer moment."

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I have actually watched the whole Minecraft saga, with Sven, the horses, etc. It has been a good adventure for the past couple of months, and there are no particular weird things going on in that particular series. And I had never considered Minecraft something interesting.

I understand why he was able to reach 100m. He passed from averaging 4M per video to 11M with Minecraft.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan. It's impressive how he has just gotten worse with time too, first he was just another annoying regular overreacting Youtuber screaming at video games. But nowadays he is also courting alt-right (has been for a while).
He was getting worse and worse but this new surge of popularity with Minecraft is definitely better. He lost most if not all his edgyness and is overall quite positive. That plus the marriage and it's like we're back to 2013 Pewdiepie. Until it changes again.

PonyStation

Banned
May 24, 2019
I have actually watched the whole Minecraft saga, with Sven, the horses, etc. It has been a good adventure for the past couple of months, and there are no particular weird things going on in that particular series. And I had never considered Minecraft something interesting.

I understand why he was able to reach 100m. He passed from averaging 4M per video to 11M with Minecraft.

I've been following it too, it's interesting the world and character building he does to a non story game like Minecraft

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Extremely impressive.. his channel is at an all time high as well with his minecraft videos.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'll give Pewds this, he has managed to adapt to the times surprisingly well. I figured back in the days of his Amnesia let's plays that he'd effectually fizzle out the way that folk like RayWilliamJohnson and later Tobuscus had.

He's a talented guy, just, y'know, kind of a cunt.

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
im actually shocked his fanbase keeps growing.... i never liked him.... regardless of the controversy involved with him.

his sense of humor seems to be targeted at 16 year olds and under.

Status
Not open for further replies.