• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Congrats for the 100 Million subs, and congrats for the marriage.

Seems like his back to his gaming roots (which are giving him a bigger boost in new subs and views) and less to his trying to be funny trainwreck content.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
This just cemented Pewdiepie will never be removed even if he continued to do racist shit, he is youtube's biggest cash cow.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'd wager that the alt right is a small fraction of his viewer base. The kids live him, it's mostly children.

I think it's bigger than you think. The Alt-Right is very active on you tube and many of these channels regularly talk about Pewdiepie and how unfair sjws are towards him. The Quatering is one of the most low effort channels out there but just throw "sjw" in your thumbnail and you get 500k subs by just sitting on the floor talking shit. All these channels have made Pewdiepie their leader it's sad as fuck.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
I guess that shows how big the nazi party is. Shame it couldn't be a good content creator who is not racist.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I don't condone any of the hateful things he's done. I will say, however, that his content lately has been top-notch and of a much higher quality than he's normally been putting out the last couple of years. That's probably what got him over that 100m hill.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
jj6ymyi5

Y tho

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
Even before he started doing the stupid racist/anti-semitic shit in the last few years I never liked the guy, because he was basically the definition of the screaming game youtube man.

Like it scares me that a man who does all that shit has a subscriber count that big, even if many of them are inactive that's still huge.

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019
Well done PewDiePie! Big fan of his content and he is enjoying minecraft also helping the resurgence, also makes him monetised. 100 million and wedding in the same week! Responsible for mine and million of other people's hours of entertainment, hope he is in Rewind 2019!

Last edited:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have seen a few of his vids and they were all lame garbage, he isn't funny or entertaining in any way.

This is what gets me. There is zero talent or creativity there. There's absolutely nothing that he does that warrants that level of fame and financial success.

This is not some salty, jealous take either. I sincerely do not understand how someone like him is enabled to make millions of dollars off of pure garbage.

Consider me baffled.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I used to watch him back when he did Amnesia videos.

Never have afterwards when he starting doing other non horror stuff more and more.

Definitely never going to now considering what kind of person he is.

But, congratulations for that achievement.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Fuck Pewdiepie. He inspires hate and is an alt-right gateway for children. He has never sincerely owned up to it, instead often times laughing it off and mocking those who bring it up. His inaction has cost human lives. He is a scumbag. Stop watching his videos, Jesus fucking Christ.

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
This is what gets me. There is zero talent or creativity there. There's absolutely nothing that he does that warrants that level of fame and financial success.

This is not some salty, jealous take either. I sincerely do not understand how someone like him is enabled to make millions of dollars off of pure garbage.

Consider me baffled.

Well, at least on the Minecraft series, he managed to make me interested in a game that I thought I would never even try.

I still don't like Minecraft for myself, but the world building, the characters, the stories he manages to portrait, are very interesting. I leave them on the background while I do some other things and its quite entertaining.

Its very easy for me to understand why he managed to close the gap and reach 100M with Minecraft in the past 2 months. Its actually good content.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys obviously a giant peen arse, but lol at people here thinking that 'dogwhistling' or 'appealing to the alt-right' is what has got him fame. He was already the biggest content creator on the planet, had more followers than Rihanna and had more money than anyone knows what to do with long, long before that shit. He was so popular he was able to basically just give up, court as many controversies as possible and it didn't effect him.

Again, he's a cunt, but it's disingenuous to suggest this wasn't on the cards long before his racist language.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
His fanbase is scary as fuck, i seen the news on social media and if anyone in the comments dared to not offer anything but complete praise they were ganged upon and called all sorts of horrible shit.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Most of the time, when I write something on twitter, I just get one or two likes, sometimes one answer, that's it.
But when I dare to write "a lot of Pewdiepie's subscribers are bots or unnactive accounts, the rest are nazis or some shit" then oooh boy my notifications go crazy !

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
thats a lot of underage racism. I wonder at what age it becomes embarrasing to watch one of his vids. 10?

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm honestly surprised that he's still a thing. I figured kids were more fickle.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Not a fan. It's impressive how he has just gotten worse with time too, first he was just another annoying regular overreacting Youtuber screaming at video games. But nowadays he is also courting alt-right (has been for a while).
Well, I mean, back in the day the most commonly used word in his vocabulary was "rape".

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I'm surprised by the amount of people here watching his content here considering all the shit he has done.

And by surprised i mean not surprised at all.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
im actually shocked his fanbase keeps growing.... i never liked him.... regardless of the controversy involved with him.

his sense of humor seems to be targeted at 16 year olds and under.

Well...that's who's on Youtube.

Plus the kids who watched him years ago are young adults now. They're the tastemakers

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck him and Markiplier.

Wait, what's wrong with Markiplier? Did I miss something?

I used to subscribe to Markiplier when he was starting out with around 40k subs and did indie horror games, then he got popular and started doing the same old shit as everyone else (try not to laugh, obnoxious multiplayer stuff etc etc) but I'm not aware of anything controversial about him.

As for PewDiePie, I was a subscriber when he had 15 million subs ish, I mostly enjoyed his stuff but he started to get away from games and spend his time being edgy and doing dull shit, plus the various racist incidents so I unsubbed: but one of his Minecraft videos was in my recommended the other day so I watched it out of curiosity and it was decent. I enjoyed it. Still not subscribing again but he appears to be back doing more conventional gaming content now.

And I'll say it again, people need to check out Call Me Kevin, a delightful Irish man who plays a hugely eclectic mix of games and is wonderfully irreverent and entertaining. And has yet to do anything unpleasant I don't think.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I think it's bigger than you think. The Alt-Right is very active on you tube and many of these channels regularly talk about Pewdiepie and how unfair sjws are towards him. The Quatering is one of the most low effort channels out there but just throw "sjw" in your thumbnail and you get 500k subs by just sitting on the floor talking shit. All these channels have made Pewdiepie their leader it's sad as fuck.

Yeah I get Quartering in my youtube feed and its mostly whining about sjws than actual gaming news from reading the titles of the vids.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
I'm surprised by the amount of people here watching his content here considering all the shit he has done.

And by surprised i mean not surprised at all.

Not surpised either. Posters that are showering praise while completely ignoring the alt-right conversation in this thread... Well, it's quite clear what their intentions are.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
He was getting worse and worse but this new surge of popularity with Minecraft is definitely better. He lost most if not all his edgyness and is overall quite positive. That plus the marriage and it's like we're back to 2013 Pewdiepie. Until it changes again.
Good to hear if he atleast has toned down the antics. He has the platform, he has the audience and that doesn't seem to be changing, so least I can hope is that he isn't influencing kids (or grown ups) in a very negative way.
Well, I mean, back in the day the most commonly used word in his vocabulary was "rape".
Yeah well, that ain't good either. I remember hearing about it now that you mention it.

Status
Not open for further replies.