• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Are we taking what that fuck said as news now? Without any fact checking or source? Get that fucks Twitter off this site

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
My guy you had months to research an appropriate charity.

This is exactly the kind of pattern people talk about with him.
He explained why he had no time to do the proper research (100M coming, weeding, minecraft edits ect), but will do it now.

Win win

Are we taking what that fuck said as news now? Without any fact checking or source? Get that fucks Twitter off this site

Its in his video but ERA doesn't allow his videos here so the tweet is all you get.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Glad he is picking a different charity, the money deserves to go to a good cause.

Also damn, between the implications that people who behaved badly in the past you can never change, and $50000 not being enough of a donation if you happen to be rich, this has been a fine thread indeed.

Deleted member 41183

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
He explained why he had no time to do the proper research (100M coming, weeding, minecraft edits ect), but will do it now.

Those are like a half-step up from 'the dog ate my homework.'

There was no time pressure here. No one was calling for him to do this RIGHT NOW OR ELSE. If you're sincere about wanting to 'move on', there was nothing stopping him waiting a week or two or three or months so he could do research.

StoveOven

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for forgiveness and people changing their ways, but forgive me if a single, publicized donation where Felix still deflects blame onto the media leaves me cynical. People can change, but real change takes more effort than this did. It involves taking efforts such as looking into the charity you're donating to to see if they hold a bunch of bigoted positions against the group of people you're supposedly trying to help, as opposed to just donating to the only charity you've heard of because they talked shit about you once.

If Felix has actualy changed he's done a piss poor job of showing so.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
He did fucking what?

Copying and pasting from a previous thread:

Based on PewDiePie's past behaviour, I imagine he actually supports fans when their abusive stunts have some benefit to him.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59q98k/pewdiepie-alinity-copyright-feud-twitch-fails

While Kjellberg struggled to keep his eyes off their chests, he "jokingly" called women in the video "stupid Twitch thots," a derogatory term for women that stands for "that ho [whore] over there." Alinity saw a video and retaliated by filing a copyright claim with YouTube.

In his latest video on the subject, uploaded Wednesday, Kjellberg chastised Alinity for filing the claim, and suggested that Alinity somehow deserves the abuse she is getting online for wearing revealing clothes. He shows examples of times when she wore a sheer top and her bra straps showed, or when she played Just Dance in a dress.

"You're just playing games with the shortest skirt ever, that's our fault for looking at it in any sexual way, right?" Kjellberg said in the video. "I know you don't portray yourself to be the smartest person, but I know you're not that dumb to not be aware of what you're doing," he says. "Showing your underwear on screen? That's our fault, right?"

Sunday, Kjellberg retweeted a video of a fan of his saying they were going to report Alinity to the "Canadian immigration control" to his 16 million followers. The implication here is that Alinity got a fraud marriage to establish residency and should be deported, something that goes beyond online harassment and threatens her physical safety.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Just when you think he couldn't get any worse.

Thanks for posting this.

Also going to add that it's not the only history he's had with promoting misogyny.

Whenever people pop into this thread to talk about how we don't forgive him for the one thing he did, it's ignoring that any criticism of PewDiePie is just the tip of the Kjellberg. It's not just anti-Semitism as the donation he made here suggests, it's so many other things.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
eh. it'll still probably be 50k and he may find a worse organization, it's likely he changed because his nazi fanbase was upset.

that's assuming a donation ever takes place too

Yeah considering this was already a half-hearted attempt at making amends that he hadn't gone through with in the first place at the time it was reported, the fact that he withdrew his donation doesn't fill me up with confidence. Dude has had so many fucking chances to do the right thing and this is the best he comes up with, and it's still crap.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
At this point I don't understand why anyone would claim that PDP is anyone but the person he showing everyone who he is.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Seriously. I don't watch this channel and don't see a reason why I ever would, but what I see here is a young man trying to learn and grow as humans do in a strange new environment that still does not have any clear definition on what it is or what it should be. Youtube and social media didn't even exist when I was 29.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a trifecta!
  1. Caveat that you don't watch the content.
  2. Calling the person "young".
  3. Saying that someone who is at the very top of his field and has been doing it for almost ten years now and has received repeated criticism for his troublesome behaviour is in a "strange new environment".
We're just missing "like you've never done anything bad in your life!"