• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hey, I'm not using the N word, making videos dressed in Nazi garb or making videos cultivating alt-right shitheads. I'm not inspiring Muslim mosque mass shootings and getting shout outs from shooters. I'm not donating to anti-Muslim organizations AFTER someone who gave me a shout out before mass shooting a mosque. Believe it or not some of us manage to be decent human beings. Stop that classic drag us all into the mud with you tactic.
I would normally address the rest of what you said, but I have to ask. With me? What are you implying? Was that a typo? I didn't do any of those things, either.

Theodran

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Welp, the responses to his post on twitter, the replies to his video, the comments on Era all confirm my suspicions.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Well of course he donated to ADL.

So in order to make amends for the Christchurch shooting which killed over 50 Muslims he's donating to an pro-israeli organization, that stans for the IDF everytime they bomb Gaza and strip more land from the West Bank and promote Israeli apartheid?

As a Muslim fuck them both. The ADL more so than PDP, the ADL is an organization that under the guise of fighting bigotry acts as a PR sword and shield for Israel and has caused more harm to us Muslims and Arabs than that shithead youtuber ever could.

Yep.

This is the most puzzling thing.

People keep ignoring this.

It's not that people actually care about Muslims' well being, ya know, so not puzzling at all. I mean, who give a shit about Muslims, huh.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would normally address the rest of what you said, but I have to ask. With me? What are you implying? Was that a typo? I didn't do any of those things, either.

Not playing your stupid games. You know exactly what you've been saying and implying. Take your deflection somewhere else.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Dude is still trash, fuck him and his stans.

So in order to make amends for the Christchurch shooting which killed over 50 Muslims he's donating to an pro-israeli organization, that stans for the IDF everytime they bomb Gaza and strip more land from the West Bank and promote Israeli apartheid?

As a Muslim fuck them both. The ADL more so than PDP, the ADL is an organization that under the guise of fighting bigotry acts as a PR sword and shield for Israel and has caused more harm to us Muslims and Arabs than that shithead youtuber ever could.

Didn't know this, thanks for the info.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well of course he donated to ADL.

Yep.

It's not that people actually care about Muslims' well being, ya know, so not puzzling at all. I mean, who give a shit about Muslims, huh.
Like I understand this but atleast most of the time people do show that "they care" but most people here in this thread keep on acting as if nobody knows who they are even after it was posted repeatedly.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Not playing your stupid games. You know exactly what you've been saying and implying. Take your deflection somewhere else.
I'm exiting this thread. If the argument has devolved into just blanket accusing me of being an anti-semite for no reason, there's no point in me even attempting to continue.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm exiting this thread. If the argument has devolved into just blanket accusing me of being an anti-semite for no reason, there's no point in me even attempting to continue.

Yes I accused you of being an anti-Semite *giganticrolleyes*. Transparent as Pepsi Clear shit.

Hey guys I'm leaving the thread because it's devolved into blanket accusations of me being labeled anti-tacos. I'm now going to go donate $5 to Popeyes to make amends and put this behind me.

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
PewDiePie: *donates $50k while accusing mainstream media of a witch hunt and not acknowledging any wrongdoings*

Gamers: "Wow, he is really trying to be a better person!"

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Ah, yes, because it's the "MSM" that is the issue, not your own toxic behaviour that attracted these shitstains of humanity in the first place. Seems like the Christchurch thing & his part in it went completely over his head. The "MSM" has nothing to do with it.

Dear god that lack of selfreflection & any deeper understanding.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a fan of ADL. Besides the major irony and ugliness of their pro-apartheid and anti-muslim positions, they come off as whiny, and entitled.

I'mma scratch this issue as one where IDGAF about

Oct 28, 2017
What is it about this guy that he can make the tiniest of all possible gestures (and still qualify it by saying it was still OLD MEDIA'S fault) and so many people are ready to embrace him?

Also where was this gesture when all the alt-right people were using "SUB TO PDP" as a calling card? Only after hitting 100 million subs has he suddenly found the light. Not good enough.

And yes, I've definitely donated a proportional amount of money to charity, that's not high bar, and I didn't even do it as a PR move. But I certainly wouldn't hate a press release calling me a cool person!

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
I never once stated that I forgave him. Don't put words in my mouth.

That's funny, you're the one that claimed that I didn't believe in redemption.

Do I think everyone should forgive him? No. Make your own choices, have your own opinions.

You're the one that called me out for doing exactly that.

Do I forgive him? No. I haven't seen enough happen to feel comfortable doing so. Do I think he's taking a step in the right direction? Absolutely. That's my whole argument.

Again, there is nothing unusual about what he has done, making donations to change the conversation isn't unusual, making non-apologies isn't unusual. It's all a part of the regular scheduled program.

Why would come out batting so hard for someone who hasn't shown any sign of change? You're even trying to paint him as a victim, everything you're doing is coming off as hand-waving his actions. Just look at this shit...

And you've never, once, in your entire life, said something that was offensive? And then a couple of years later felt like that's something you shouldn't say?
Why are we acting like it's not possible for someone to grow as a person? Couple that with someone like him who spends almost all of his time in the spotlight.
Look at it this way. I bet a bunch of people here who are shaming him for his choice of organization have supported the Susan G Komen foundation or the American Red Cross at some point in their lives. Does that make their donations any less meaningful? Arguably. Does their choice of organization make them worse people? In my eyes, definitely not.

Well, I am very careful about who I make my donations to, even if we're only talking about something that amounts to a few dollars, I'll still do some research. Also why do you talk about all these actions in isolation, when all his actions clearly show a pattern of hate-mongering?

As far as his statement goes: I will give you that. What he said was not an apology.
You even admit that it's an non-apology, so in order to show growth shouldn't his apology seem sincere at the very least? Because to him 50K is a drop in huge fucking bucket.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, the responses to his post on twitter, the replies to his video, the comments on Era all confirm my suspicions.

You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
This is such a tone deaf & dumb response. Like, damned if you do? What? On one side is PewDiePie's Nazi-pandering antics, on the other side are people who criticize him for shit like that. How are these sides equal in your eyes?

Like, don't post content that fascists approve of and don't donate money to anti-muslim organizations. Not that fucking hard.

IamFlying

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2019
Could have picked a much better organization. ADL promotes apartheid, white supremacy, and islamophobia on the regular. The alt-right should feel right at home with them.

Don't make such accusations without sources, otherwise it's just pointless and "fake news". It's what the alt right do all the time.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
You know, if it wasn't for PewDiePie apologists in this thread, I would have forgotten that he also retweeted his fan's rallying cry of calling immigration services against a streamer he was feuding with.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the ADL is as bad as some of you have said, this is imo the worst thing hes done yet. I was ready to defend him but not if the cause hes donating to is that fucked up.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are many, many people in this thread who are either just A) complete fucking rubes or B) don't give a shit that this dude has a LOOOONG history of promoting racism and racist shitheads. There is no C, these are the two options if you swallow Felix's bullshit non-statement.

Please be smarter and better. The millionaire doesn't need your sympathy, the minorities he repeatedly steps on do.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility, history of trolling.
Yea let's just not ever old rich people accountable and celebrate their virtue signaling because a non-millionaire like me isn't donating 50K smarty boy
Old? What are you twelve?

Basically, you're nagging about someone donating money while you're doing nothing in your moms basement, ok then 'smarty boy'? What is that even?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know, if it wasn't for PewDiePie apologists in this thread, I would have forgotten that he also retweeted his fan's rallying cry of calling immigration services against a streamer he was feuding with.
He did fucking what?
Don't make such accusations without sources, otherwise it's just pointless and "fake news". It's what the alt right do all the time.
Fake News? It is known that they made ads against Muslims and to defend Israel's crimes against humanity.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it is pointless.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Basically, you're nagging about someone donating money while you're doing nothing in your moms basement, ok then 'smarty boy'? What is that even?
He clearly meant "hold rich people accountable". Not "old rich people".

But hey, if you want to let Nazi-pandering rich people get away with toxic shit simply by throwing a bit of money towards an islamophobic organization, more power to you.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I honestly don't care about PDP but he could donate $5m and people here would still moan lol.

Pretty much.

He's a douche and I will never watch any of his shitty "content". I just don't lose sleep over any of these e-celebs. Y'all keep putting them on pedestals and give them far too much attention than they deserve.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much.

He's a douche and I will never watch any of his shitty "content". I just don't lose sleep over any of these e-celebs. Y'all keep putting them on pedestals and give them far too much attention than they deserve.
He's the biggest streamer on the planet who streams to a lot of impressionable young people. Holding him accountable for spreading hateful rhetoric that draws in literal Nazis isn't some pathetic e-celeb drama. A fucking mass murdered cited him as one of his influencers. This isn't a fucking joke. So spare us with your superiority complex and whining about people who try to hold people like PDP accountable for his reckless words & behaviour.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Donating to fucking ADL is exactly the kind of trollish shit I expect from PDP.

Just like his past "blunders". Don't kid yourself into thinking he doesn't know what he's doing.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

You don't know shit about how often and how much money i donate, so you and your other bunch can sod right off with those assumptions of yours.
And guess why you don't know? Because i'm not publicly buttering my croissants about it in narcissistic tweets.
Yet you're the one who can't tolerate me criticising a millionare spending a negligieble amount of his own wealth on virtue signaling purposes when he could do actually much more if he were to care in any serious capacity, as is his duty to with the amount of wealth and influence he posesses.

Don't ever talk to me again.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
It's amazing how when any big story about this youtube personality you always get tons of people jumping in and basically saying "I don't know PDP, I never watched any of his content but I'm going to defend him to the fucking hilt". Do you think your bad faith acting is subtle or what?

*make broad generalizing criticism of the forum reaction to this news*
*get called out*
"I'm leaving this thread if you don't want to discuss things properly!!!"

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this whole thing is kinda funny because it's not big enough to make it seem like he actually regrets his actions (and his statement actively undermines that idea), so the end result is just a lot of hardcore nazis will stop supporting him

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
You don't know shit about how often and how much money i donate, so you and your other bunch can sod right off with those assumptions of yours.
And guess why you don't know? Because i'm not publicly buttering my croissants about it in narcissistic tweets.
Yet you're the one who can't tolerate me criticising a millionare spending a negligieble amount of his own wealth on virtue signaling purposes when he could do actually much more if he were to care in any serious capacity, as is his duty to with the amount of wealth and influence he posesses.

Don't ever talk to me again.
Dont quote me, if you dont want me to talk to you.

Tolerate? Duty? Lol

Just to be clear, i dont want you to interact with me either.
He clearly meant "hold rich people accountable". Not "old rich people".

But hey, if you want to let Nazi-pandering rich people get away with toxic shit simply by throwing a bit of money towards an islamophobic organization, more power to you.
Funny how when i dont join the public bickering of a streamer i'm suddenly pro whatever he stands for. Let me be clear i could not care less about Pewdiepie and his dumb child humorous videos.

What annoys me are people complaining just to complain about something, so they feel better about them selves.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
this whole thing is kinda funny because it's not big enough to make it seem like he actually regrets his actions (and his statement actively undermines that idea), so the end result is just a lot of hardcore nazis will stop supporting him
Then it's had a better effect than the actual donation itself.

Fuck this guy and the followers he emboldens. it's so easy to throw a bit of money at the issue and issue a fake statement saying how important it is that he takes a stand against racism and bigotry...instead he outright admits he's doing it just so people will stop causing a fuss.

He can pay $5m and we'd still hate him, if the donation is not genuine. I don't see why that's so hard for people to understand.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Dont quote me, if you dont want me to talk to you.

Tolerate? Duty? Lol

Just to be clear, i dont want you to interact with me either.

Funny how when i dont join the public bickering of a streamer i'm suddenly pro whatever he stands for. Let me be clear i could not care less about Pewdiepie and his dumb child humorous videos.

What annoys me are people complaining just to complain about something, so they feel better about them selves.
I didn't say you are pro-anything. I implied you are pathetically ignorant and letting shitty people off the hook just because you do not give a fuck about anyone but yourself.

And, ah, yes, complaining about a Nazi-pandering moron with huge influence over hundreds of thousands of impressionable kids & young people who partly inspired a mass murderer is just "complaining just to complain about something to feel better about themselves". This isn't just Youtube-drama. These people are dangerous in the long run when no one holds the accountable and a few empty worlds and throwing money around gets them off the hook.

But hey, if you don't care about human lives just because you want to remain in your selfish ignorant-ass bubble, again, more fucking power to you.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That's funny, you're the one that claimed that I didn't believe in redemption.

You're the one that called me out for doing exactly that.

Again, there is nothing unusual about what he has done, making donations to change the conversation isn't unusual, making non-apologies isn't unusual. It's all a part of the regular scheduled program.

Why would come out batting so hard for someone who hasn't shown any sign of change? You're even trying to paint him as a victim, everything you're doing is coming off as hand-waving his actions. Just look at this shit...

Well, I am very careful about who I make my donations to, even if we're only talking about something that amounts to a few dollars, I'll still do some research. Also why do you talk about all these actions in isolation, when all his actions clearly show a pattern of hate-mongering?

You even admit that it's an non-apology, so in order to show growth shouldn't his apology seem sincere at the very least? Because to him 50K is a drop in huge fucking bucket.
I'm not about to sit here and try to write a novel about every single offensive action he's ever taken. My entire reason for contributing to this thread was this: I like looking at positive things in this world. I don't like desperately hanging on to negativity. I'm an optimist. In my heart, I want this to be the first of many steps to right many wrongs. And, as I said in one of my first posts in here, if he's done nothing more in 5 years time to right his wrongs, call me out and tell me I was wrong.

I heavily regret coming into this thread, though. I understand the amount of effort I've put into this thread makes me seem like a big PewDiePie supporter, but the actual truth is that I don't care about PewDiePie at all. I'm not an anti-semite, anti-Muslim, racist, etc. I don't share a single opinion of his. I just want to see something good happen in this negative world is all.

nillansan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denmark
Let me be clear i could not care less about Pewdiepie and his dumb child humorous videos. What annoys me are people complaining just to complain about something, so they feel better about them selves.

You care enough about him to ignore the gravity of him signal boosting nazis to a stupidly large audience and instead whine about people criticizing him and his non-apology and obvious attempt at changing the conversation.

Arctic_Fever

Aug 6, 2018
I also knew this thread was going to be a bunch of people complaining just to complain so in order to demonstrate my superiority I will enter a thread knowing it will annoy me and complain about the complainers(probably from my mom's basement)

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Doesn't donating to the ADL confirm he's a bigot that hates Muslims?

I kind of doubt that was his intention, probably just a major oversight, which is not uncommon from him. He's shown more evidence that he hates Jewish people than he does Muslims. He's worn a Nazi uniform and had kids troll with a "death to all Jews" sign. I'm not sure why he'd donate money to a Jewish organization, a group who he's targeted more, just to spite Muslims.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like he's just throwing money at the issue to "move past" it and "move on" and to claim it's "not his fight anymore". We'll see what the future holds.

Nov 7, 2017
Oh wow 50K? That's almost 0.2% of his estimated net worth

€: Wrong math lol, legitimately embarassed by that omg. But it doesn't change the point i'm tryna make.
Still, that's a lot of money. It's unfair to expect him to donate millions or whatever you're expecting. Instead of looking at his donation relative to what he makes (which isnt our business by the way..), just look at it as is. $50,000 is a lot. How much have you donated?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Not just era this internet culture
PewDiePie simply shows time and time again that he isn't learning and isn't interested about changing for the better. He deflects any and all criticism as some "MSM witch hunt." His apologies are as empty as the void.. Even now he still blames "the MSM" as the big boogeyman, completely ignoring that the MSM is just reporting about his shitty behaviour, clearly indicating he has learned abso-fucking-lutely NOTHING and is sorry for nothing.

Plenty of people have gotten off the hook for dumb/shitty behaviour but they've actually shown signs of genuine regret and changes for the better.