• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. Do you people read only headlines or something ? I don't really like PewDiePie but in this case I wouldn't be so sure to call that he is "teaching his audience that women are asking for it".

A lot hate him, so I'm not surprised. Just a chance to quickly jump in and call him garbage without actually looking into what led to this.

OP
OP
Uzuki

Uzuki

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Pewdiepie's behavior is inexcusable and he should get called out for it as his behavior affects all women.

But can we not defend Alinity either. She has said the N word recently and has said that she makes money from copy striking people, certainly not a saint.

Yeah I should have put more info about what she has done too, because she isn't perfect, but I still feel we need to call behavior that focuses on slut shaming and harassing women streamers for just playing video games. What he did in the original video wasn't right and he's got a backlog of crap that he's never apologized for.

Apr 9, 2018
This guy. Such a POS.

Still in disbelief how there was no consequence for his vile and racist outburst in PUBG. It seems he's above the law because he makes people so much money.

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (1 week): sexism, rationalizing the abuse of streamers
He is right though. Lots of twitch streamer girls dress seducingly to earn more money.. Isnt that known?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
He should know better as a public figure.. I bet he will come with an "apology" soon.

I do agree on a critique he made, not the wording though. Girls should not be wearing revealing clothes, more often than that they're chasing this harassing user base, and for what : views.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Seen all the videos about this incident and this article is blowing things way out of proportion and portraying things in a very misleading way.

But I guess some Era members jumping to conclusions just based on an article title is normal...

Exactly. I don't know how could you get the impression from his videos which this title implies. Seems like a bait.

Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yikes. Do you people read only headlines or something ? I don't really like PewDiePie but in this case I wouldn't be so sure to call that he is "teaching his audience that women are asking for it".

Lots of kids watch him, he and the likes of Logan Paul are some of this generation's biggest influencers.

TheRuralJuror

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this. Maybe shouldn't call them thots. But the revealing clothes some streamers wear while streaming is dumb. Should be able to get by with your personality and talking with your audience.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone would give a shit. I'm all for women taking accountability when it's called for, but not sure how it really affects you or anyone else what they're wearing as long as they stay within twitch guidelines. Honestly, it always sounds a bit like sour grapes. If they're getting viewership, then I guess there's an audience for what they offer.

For the record, I personally wouldn't watch these kinds of streams and don't see the draws. In any case, a good portion of these streamers are goofs anyhow, but all of a sudden people want to get concerned about "personality" when it concerns attractive women.

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017

He kinda is doing that though since people have and still victim blame a lot of women by saying they deserve the abuse that gets hurled towards them because of how they dress. He isn't saying that she deseveres to get raped but he does indeed imply that his "thot's" rhetoric is deserved because of how she is dressed. Come on it's right there.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck this racist piece of shit.

Well, she is racist too apparently. In his videos he showed her clips where she dropped n word on her stream and when someone told her no to do that she said "it's whatever i'm like 10% black".

He kinda is doing that though since people have and still victim blame a lot of women by saying they deserve the abuse that gets hurled towards them because of how they dress. He isn't saying that she deseveres to get raped but he does indeed imply that his "thot's" rhetoric is deserved because of how she is dressed. Come on it's right there.

I didn't get this impression. It's more like a collective of her behaviour - not only the way she dresses etc.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah I should have put more info about what she has done too, because she isn't perfect, but I still feel we need to call behavior that focuses on slut shaming and harassing women streamers for just playing video games. What he did in the original video wasn't right and he's got a backlog of crap that he's never apologized for.

If you are saying she "isn't perfect" you should just say the same about him too and not that he is slut shaming. Most, if not all of his video is about her and with good reason. There are many, many amazing women streamers on Twitch, she isn't one of them.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
He should know better as a public figure.. I bet he will come with an "apology" soon.

I do agree on a critique he made, not the wording though. Girls should not be wearing revealing clothes, more often than that they're chasing this harassing user base, and for what : views.

Who the fuck cares what girls wears when streaming? If you watch the stream just to see her tits it's on the viewer, and it never guarante harassment in any way.

Not defending this girl btw, because she seems as racist as PDP.

Iadien

Oct 25, 2017

Alinity admitted to abusing copyright law and striking his original video. He actually apologized for calling them thots in response to her being upset about it. Then she used the N word, and said it's okay because she's 10% black. There was a lot of drama over the past week between the two.

Nov 6, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Sexism, history of infractions.
What alinity does is far worse. She exploits her sexuality for views, she did major fraud and admitted on stream, and many other. I'm with Felix on this one. He's not a perfect person, but he is perfectly rational regarding this whole situation with her. Look up the whole story on google before jumping to conclusions.

Sokka

Oct 27, 2017

I think you're reaching a bit too far with just one word.

Oct 27, 2017
But they can attract an abusive audience with it and they should be aware of that.
They should. Growing thick skin would help them cope when the abuse does come, but that doesn't excuse those spouting abuse in the first place - they are at fault.

That goes in conflict with the article, who talks about objectifying girls because he looked at their chests (which girls do to guys lol). What those girls do is objectifying themselves. So by the authors own morality, the author has conflicted theirself in their own article.
I'll go through the video posted in the article later. The author may be reading the situation wrong, like you say. Still - people shouldn't call women "thots," especially for just showing skin on twitch.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
They're both racist. She dropped the N word too on a stream. I find it a bit weird Vice totally ignored that since it was included as part of this "drama".

What pissses the most off about this is the "I can use it, I'm 10% black" line.

Like at least PDP knew he did something wrong when he did that, Alinity thinks she's entitled to using it

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
This thread may now resume. Reminder that any posts shaming streamers for their outfits or sex appeal, along with any comments rationalizing harassment of any kind, will be moderated accordingly.

Kainé

Oct 26, 2017
This woman said the word "N" and later said that she was 10% black so she can say it whenever she wants. Also she did "copyright" illegally to PDP too. This doesn't make PDP right, but what a shitty persons they are (both).

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017
I don't like that he used the word thots but Alinity has shown to be a terrible person and if people here took 5 minutes to actually research this situation without blindly believing a biased click bait article then you'd know who's been acting terrible in this dispute (Alinity).

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus that thread title...
Watch the videos guys, he got a point and alinity looks like a terrible person overall.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
this thread is a fucking mess

Alinity is absolutely an idiot but that doesn't make what PDP is doing 'right' like jfc have some semblance of nuance

LoudMouse

Nov 23, 2017
She's got a right to say what she wants. He's got a right to say what he wants. We've got a right to decide for ourselves.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
I don't get any enjoyment out of those streams either, but come on Pewdiepie. How does he keep doing stuff like this? You'd think he'd learn to keep his mouth shut, not even just for the decency of it, but to not get himself in trouble.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
Did anyone even see his videos because...its pretty clear that this article is just has some title clickbait trash that unfortunately some people *cough* take without actually seeing the source material.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't really comment on this subject as commenting about these kind of posts either results in arguments or bans.

I think things like this should stay off ERA, as we all have our own views on this and so do the individual mods.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Having watched all the videos related to this incident, I really don't think that he was saying she deserved the abuse. He even said in the last video that she should be left alone.

Also, he did make a video apologizing to her first in which he admitted having misused the word and said we wouldn't do it again. Why isn't this mentioned in the article?

Pretty much. No mention of apologize in the article.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (24h): Ignoring mod post
Are mods banning people because they don't believe that sexual exploitation on twitch happens, or because they don't see anything wrong with doing it? I honestly wanna know.

Status
Not open for further replies.