• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Don't
Support
Streamers

They're all garbage

"THATS NOT FAIR, THEYRE NOT ALL BAD!"

Unless they've made multiple videos calling out these people publicly, they're complicit.
giphy.gif

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone on mic was fanboying over PDP in a game, another player shoots them in the head to kill his voice chat

To be completely fair here the laughing seems to be more about the fanboy getting randomly shot than anything to do with the avatars name. The fan speaking/gushing also isn't the player who shot him? (the username Buzzfeed are highlighting) It's a tweet picture framed completely wrong.

Just clicked the link above from Bandage to see what the original tweet was.

That is a pretty dumb take from Buzzfeed and doesn't really do anything to help the original complaints about the video in the OP. Gives PDP an easy win because the video posted does not back up the claims being made in the tweet with the picture.

"RabbiShekel" is not the player that was talking to PDP and PDP was laughing after the player who was talking/gushing had their "you've helped me out in my life" cut short by being shot. The game obviously uses proximity chat which ceases to work if you get killed.

Yeah, i have to agree here. I can't stand a Pewdiepie (Or any streamer, really), however, that ain't it chief. I've yet to read the whole article, however.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, i have to agree here. I can't stand a Pewdiepie (Or any streamer, really), however, that ain't it chief. I've yet to read the whole article, however.

It doesn't appear to have its own article, just someone from Buzzfeed posting it on Twitter.

It's only stupid because its factually inaccurate and plays into how Twitter works where if you can get a quick win, welcome 50,000 retweets and everyone saying Buzzfeed is fake news.

The fan in the video is the player called "257", you can see the audio icon above his avatar name. They obviously know they are speaking to PDP and are giving it the whole "you changed my life/saved me". The other player "RabbiShekel" comes into the scene after this conversation has started, presumably hears 257 on proximity chat, and whether listening to them or not proceeds to shoot them in the head before walking away. I have no idea if its friendly fire, it seems to be.

PDP then laughs at 257's fanboy ramble being cut short, as I guess above, proximity chat ends when you're dead.

It's mildly funny due to the juxtaposition between sincere fanboy rambling about a streamer "getting them through tough times" and the abrupt end to them speaking with what appears to be friendly fire killing them.

Obviously, there is a lot to be said about "RabbiShekel" as an avatar, but the Buzzfeed reporter completely misinterpreting the scenario with a static image and saying PDP was interacting with "RabbiShekel"/laughing with them somehow due to their username, is just a complete easy win for PDP and his fans.

Don't do this shit on social media unless you have zero care whatsoever for muddying up real issues/giving naysayers easy wins. If you're a journalist, get the basic facts right before posting your takes on a platform which can have everything weaponized/fact-checked/used against you.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 9207

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not like Pewdiepie actually cares about nazis. He's fine with them. He just doesn't want them screeching his subs to a halt.

So I do believe this was a mistake, but I also believe he does not give a fuck.

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

The idea that PDP, after all the controversies he's been embroiled in, would recommend a grip of YouTubers without actually vetting them is extremely silly.

Also, it doesn't really much matter if PDP was unaware of the rest of the content on the channel, he should have AT LEAST been aware that the very video he was recommending was replete with suspect at best garbage.