• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting some of the corniest /co/ bait as a video essay and then getting off to all of the "wtf I hate jews now" comments makes him a comedy genius tbh.
I mean the ten minutes I watched of his "genius takedown" of the Netflix Death Note is literally just the exact same critique that ever weeb channel posted of it's deviations from the source material being worse and making Light an unlikable child just with a bunch of alt-right memes thrown into the video because "lol black people are dumb". You can get the same video with far more structure and better prose and content just by watching any of a hundred other channels. So it's REALLY not hard to connect the dots on why he likes an alt-right loon who makes money talking about how the jews ruined children's cartoons.

Yeah, you can quite literally find his scripts on /co/ pretty much word for word. Which is both hilarious and sad.

Liberteer

Dec 8, 2018
Sarajevo
PewDiePie is a grown man screaming maniacally in the microphone while playing games and recording himself. Although he earns copious amounts of money, that's not something that impresses me since it's well known we live in idiotic world.

In my book, he's is something not even worth mentioning.

Liberteer

Dec 8, 2018
Sarajevo
PewDiePie is a grown man screaming maniacally in the microphone while playing games and recording himself. Although he earns copious amounts of money, that's not something that impresses me since it's well known we live in idiotic world.

In my book, he's is something not even worth mentioning.

As always, Hard Drive / Hard Times kills.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also just watching the dude's video, he can't enunciate for shit. He slurs constantly. It's not just shitty for being racist and bigoted, it's shitty because he's clearly not doing multiple takes and making sure he comes across clearly so you can even understand what he's saying. It's painful.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PDP giving someone a shoutout because "he makes cool meme videos" (or whatver) might as well be code for "this guy's an alt-righter who wants to redpill you" now. There have been so many dumbass incidents with PDP that it's painfully obvious he's a racist anti-semite, this is just another instance in a long-running pattern. It's just shitty that he has so much influence because of his sub #s.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In the same video, the user jokes about the murder of Heather Heyer, who died after a neo-Nazi protester at the Unite the Right white supremacist gathering in Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017, plowed his car into a group of protesters, reiterating the white nationalist myth that Heyer actually died of a heart attack.
It's amazing how every time I think I've hit the bottom of the dumpster, I learn of the existence of an even lower level of trash.

Deleted member 5491

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
B..b..but all my big other YouTubers basically taught me that
PewDiePie having more subs than an indian music label is more important than adressing sexism, homophobia and racism.
And is he did it, he didn't mean it and that he will work on himself so that it won't happen next time...
and the time after that,
and the time after that,
and the time after that,
and the time after that,
and the time after that,
and the time after that,
and the time after that...

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Pewdiepie's callout garnered him a nice 16.000 subscriber increase over the 2 day period:

wc3NFxU.png

Source.

One example of E;R's bigoted content is the video, "Pearl Lies Shamelessly to Steven":

1. 1:30 it lists many Jewish celebrities, this is an anti-Semitic tactic called "naming the Jew" meant to accuse them of some wrongdoing for their success.
  2. 2:10 it displays the text "CUT THE (((GEMS))) SPACE WAR NOW" which is a reference to the anti-Semitic catchphrase "Gas the Jews, race war now". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
  3. 2:40 it dogwhistles yet another anti-Semitic canard which claims that Jews are humanity's greatest threat, the same used to justify the holocaust.
Source u/shatteredfondant

Another example would be his video "Steven Rapeyverse, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love to Fuse", which ends with a 2:30 min long Hitler speech railing against MSM and Jews.

FPGonfu.png

A5Ce0Oq.png

Full breakdown of the situation regarding Pewdiepie and E;R by Hasan Piker from TYT and why this is so problematic.

E;R revealing his MO:

Holy fucking shit. That Hasan Piker video. PewDiePie is fucking garbage.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not at all surprised.

But will YouTube anything? No.

Will Twitter do anything? No.

He and his fans will still be there and still just as ignorant as ever.

Oct 27, 2017
Even the absolute insane explosion of social media over the years, places like youtube, twitter, facebook, instagram etc should have some kind of seperate EULA when you hit major milestones on the site that essentially says that you understand the responsibility that comes with have a larger platform and that you agree to being held to a higher standard

I know realistically this presents all sorts of problems but seriously, people need to stop fawning over the money and think about how they cultivate their audience and the effect on the community

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden is nice, but you guys produce a lot of gaming weirdos like notch and PDP. What's up with that?
Sweden just produces a lot of internationally prominent gamers period. The pro Smash Bros player Armada is Swedish and a remarkable class-act.

As for why? Just guessing on my part, high standard of living and a great social safety net give people more opportunity to pursue their passions.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Another thing, why do people subscribe to Youtube channels? What benefit do you get?

My wife and I are vegans and she subscribes to quite a few vegan channels for inspiration on new recipes etc. And I subscribe to Chris Stuckmann because I enjoy his movie reviews alot and want to be alerted when he releases a new one.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I are vegans and she subscribes to quite a few vegan channels for inspiration on new recipes etc. And I subscribe to Chris Stuckmann because I enjoy his movie reviews alot and want to be alerted when he releases a new one.
I'd just visit every so often and check. I don't see the subscription as a benefit, just another annoying "alert" to bother me.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't visit Youtube every day and I don't really care that much about Youtube celebrities.
Good for you, but you're asking why do people do it and the answer is that it's convenient to see latest videos from content makers you care about. One stop shop vs having to search makes complete sense.

We've had bookmakers in gaf and era for similar reasons, I can click on that for the list of threads I care the most over vs having to literally search for each again.

Oct 27, 2017
Good for you, but you're asking why do people do it and the answer is that it's convenient to see latest videos from content makers you care about. One stop shop vs having to search makes complete sense.

We've had bookmakers in gaf and era for similar reasons, I can click on that for the list of threads I care the most over vs having to literally search for each again.
Cool. You don't find it sorta gross how these "creators" pander for subscriptions as if they're on a pulpit and you're in the pews?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool. You don't find it sorta gross how these "creators" pander for subscriptions as if they're on a pulpit and you're in the pews?
Lmao I don't care, it's not making a grand statement to say I did the most convenient method to keep up with people. There's a reality to how these content creators used to make money and stand out among the crowd of millions of other channels, which meant getting subscriptions and also getting regular viewers for every new video. A point in youtube was that you had to release regular content very often if you wanted to be able to make it your living.

Nowadays many of the content creators who want to make videos as often as they can have stated youtube isn't enough with all the changes they've done and put up patreons. I support these patreons because I want more content.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
I hope all the other youtubers who caved and told their fans to subscribe to him to fend off the brown people feel real fucking good about their already racist decision now.

shazrobot

Oct 28, 2017
It's culty, and the fans are manipulated by the "creators". I don't like it. I'm old tho.
I mean, I agree that some people that aggressively tell you to "SMASH THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON" are a little tiresome. But again, if they are trying to make a decent living (which the majority don't even get close) I don't really mind them suggesting to like, or subscribe to their content.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
To get updates from people we follow?

What kind of question is this?
I mean...YouTube has screwed over subscriptions so much that subscribing is often not enough for one to see new videos from a given content creator due to said screwing of algorithms, hence people telling you to ring the bell.

I'm a YouTuber. The algorithm is so bad now.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It's culty, and the fans are manipulated by the "creators". I don't like it. I'm old tho.
Look, if you want to make a thread railing on YouTube, just do that. Don't come in asking a daft question about subscribing, then end up talking about culty behaviour and manipulation when people answer your original question. It's maddening when people pull this dumb shit, and you're old enough to know better.
You asked why people subscribe to content, that question was answered (it was an obvious answer, but it was a very obvious question).

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
I mean...YouTube has screwed over subscriptions so much that subscribing is often not enough for one to see new videos from a given content creator due to said screwing of algorithms, hence people telling you to ring the bell.

I'm a YouTuber. The algorithm is so bad now.
Alright i've heard this but never noticed anything of the sort

If someone I'm subscribe to posts a vid, it will show up in my feed

Oct 27, 2017
Look, if you want to make a thread railing on YouTube, just do that. Don't come in asking a daft question about subscribing, then end up talking about culty behaviour and manipulation when people answer your original question. It's maddening when people pull this dumb shit, and you're old enough to know better.
You asked why people subscribe to content, that question was answered (it was an obvious answer, but it was a very obvious question).
You seem awfully defensive. And offensive.

Deleted member 3925

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pewdiepie's callout garnered him a nice 16.000 subscriber increase over the 2 day period:

wc3NFxU.png

Source.

One example of E;R's bigoted content is the video, "Pearl Lies Shamelessly to Steven":

1. 1:30 it lists many Jewish celebrities, this is an anti-Semitic tactic called "naming the Jew" meant to accuse them of some wrongdoing for their success.
  2. 2:10 it displays the text "CUT THE (((GEMS))) SPACE WAR NOW" which is a reference to the anti-Semitic catchphrase "Gas the Jews, race war now". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
  3. 2:40 it dogwhistles yet another anti-Semitic canard which claims that Jews are humanity's greatest threat, the same used to justify the holocaust.
Source u/shatteredfondant

Another example would be his video "Steven Rapeyverse, Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love to Fuse", which ends with a 2:30 min long Hitler speech railing against MSM and Jews.

FPGonfu.png

A5Ce0Oq.png

Full breakdown of the situation regarding Pewdiepie and E;R by Hasan Piker from TYT and why this is so problematic.

E;R revealing his MO:

Why's he gotta use Steven Universe of all things to promote his racist shit? :/

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

There's a lot of youtube that's not about personalities but channels that make good content without focusing on the individual creators. There also music labels to follow when singers release their new videos, films likewise. It's not all just about people talking about themselves.

You seem awfully defensive. And offensive.

I don't think you get what youtube is and what is has to offer. Alerts can be switched on and off. In fact if you don't to subscribe to channels you probably will get more rubbish that you don't like.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wish people would stop being passionate about being racist shitbags.
Amen to that.

Pewdiepie and Notch are people who have zero financial struggles and anxieties. Given virtually infinite resources and all the time and freedom in the world to decide what to do with them, they choose to act in the most small, vicious, and pathetic way imaginable.