• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
Because as a father I know how kids work.
Do you honestly believe they would go out of their way to find info on these random people in that reaction video?
But now when their "hero" is beeing attacked by the evul leftists again they will suddenly be interested in Baked Alaska.

Yes, I do believe that some kids, teenagers and adults would do that, and I also know how kids work. I furthermore believe it is important to inform parents what kind of content is directly or indirectly presented to their children, so that they can act accordingly.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As a father I don't agree. My kids all the time look up these people that participating in videos.

Agree on Tik Tok though.

To add:

I think the biggest issue with Pew is that he don't care about the content he does... if he wouldn't have been in all these controversies, no one would bat an eye for this.

This I agree with. And I need to stress, I am NOT trying to defend PDP here. The guy has already been proven rotten. All I am advocating for is that I believe there was a better way to attack this where you could shut down Baked Alaska having a platform and not give Pewdiepie more attention, because he also benefits from this attention since it fits right in with the whole idiotic witchhunt agenda he has going.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Fuck this piece of shit.

Hey! Fuck you! Take your bullshit somewhere else.

I guess repeatedly promoting anti-Semitic and racist videos is cool with you, so fuck you too!

Likewise

Thanks for letting me know not to visit your shitty website.

N-word isn't cool with you, but fuck the Jews right?

What the hell are you talking about?

So you agree that he is a POS then?

Already said earlier that he is an idiot imo

Kafkaswaffle

Oct 27, 2017
I literally googled his name and got nothing, and with this... pseudonym I just got recipes for something delicious.
So thanks for your super informed, well constructed, sourced, non biased answer and for the recipe.

His twitter account is the first thing that shows up if you google for the handle shown front and center in the video.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not giving PDP the benefit of the doubt. I am calling out this whole thing because in this especific case I disagree. It is making something very insignificant big for attention.

I say SJW because that is the term that our society has come up for this. Just as some people use Nazis or call everyone alt right when they say something they don't agree with, some are called SJW. And looking at the authir of the tweet it fits. He runs a site called right wing watch if that is mot being a social justice warrior I am not sure. I am sure they've made hit pieces on people that are not even right just because they disagree wotht heir opinions.

I have an issue with people today using social media platforms as hit pieces for social credit. The other day some kind was trying to shame Gordon Ramsey for some very public video out some shady stuff he did back in 2010. It was a very public video but he still had to make the "hit piece" for thise likes and follower. This is the kind of outrage I compare this video controversy with.

SJW is a pejorative term to make fun of people who are willing to defend minorities and point out bigotry. Using it the way you did is similar to how shitlords on 4chan and reddit use it.

Do you think the Southern Poverty Law Center is SJW? The Women's Defamation League? The issue with right-wing extremists is we've seen time and time again that whether they're Christian, or Muslim or atheist they will kill and harm other people. It's just makes me think either you don't have all the information, or frankly you're being disingenuous.

If people perform certain actions you think there's some sort of statute of limitations on them?

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
As a father I don't agree. My kids all the time look up these people that participating in videos.

Agree on Tik Tok though.

To add:

I think the biggest issue with Pew is that he don't care about the content he does... if he wouldn't have been in all these controversies, no one would bat an eye for this.

Than i hope you have good conversations with your kids, explaining what they watch or look up.

Because that is the first piece in the chain of media responsibility (I'm a father too and that is like I handle this in the chaotic age of mass bullshit in every piece of media this days).

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I do believe that some kids, teenagers and adults would do that, and I also know how kids work. I furthermore believe it is important to inform parents what kind of content is directly or indirectly presented to their children, so that they can act accordingly.

I agree with you, please see my post above

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I literally googled his name and got nothing, and with this... pseudonym I just got recipes for something delicious.
So thanks for your super informed, well constructed, sourced, non biased answer and for the recipe.

How about him being the second name mentioned on the Wikipedia article for the Unite the Right rally's list of prominent figures? Right after the dude who came up with the "alt-right" label.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally

Prominent far-right figures in attendance included National Policy Institute Chairman and white supremacist Richard Spencer,[59] entertainer and internet troll Baked Alaska,[59] former Libertarian Party candidate Augustus Invictus,[60] former Ku Klux Klan Imperial Wizard David Duke,[61] Identity Evropa leader Nathan Damigo,[62] Traditionalist Workers Party leader Matthew Heimbach,[59] Right Stuff founder Mike Enoch,[59] Eric Striker of The Daily Stormer,[63] League of the South founder and leader Michael Hill,[9] Red Ice host and founder Henrik Palmgren,[64] The Rebel Media commentator Faith Goldy,[65] Right Side Broadcasting Network host Nick Fuentes,[66] YouTube personality James Allsup,[66] AltRight.com editor Daniel Friberg,[67] former Business Insider CTO Pax Dickinson,[68] Right Stuff blogger Johnny Monoxide,[69] Daily Stormer writers Robert "Azzmador" Ray and Gabriel "Zeiger" Sohier-Chaput,[70] Daily Caller contributor and rally organizer Jason Kessler,[71] and Radical Agenda host Christopher Cantwell.[72][73] Gavin McInnes, the leader of the self-described "Western chauvinist" Proud Boys group, was invited to attend but declined because of an unwillingness "to be associated with explicit neo-Nazis".[19] In June, ahead of the rally, McInnes declared that "we need to distance ourselves from them", but "after backlash to the original disavowal flared-up from Alt-Right circles, the statement was withdrawn and replaced with another distancing the Proud Boys from the event yet also encouraging those who 'feel compelled' to attend".[74]

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Than i hope you have good conversations with your kids, explaining what they watch or look up.

Because that is the first piece in the chain of media responsibility (I'm a father too and that is like I handle this in the chaotic age of mass bullshit in every piece of media this days).

Yes! 100% agree. My 12 y/o came the other day and said 'I wonder how much Pew earns just by doing what he is doing' and I said something like 'You do know that he isn't so good right?' and she just said 'Yes of course', so even without mentioning what he have done what was wrong she knew it was wrong for the start.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
I do agree. It's being blown out of proportion. a 5 second video in a 14 minute clip is getting so much attention, and PDP is being called out on it and people are jumping the gun, calling him names they've been calling him for a while, asking YT to do something about it, etc. It's just...

I don't get all the people clutching at this point. "It was a 5 second clip in a 14 minute video!"

Okay. So suddenly a known white supremacist popping up in a YouTube video intended for children is perfectly fine, and shouldn't be called out? Is it that difficult to make a 14 minute video white supremacist-free...?

Plus, I'm sure you guys realize people wouldn't be calling out PewDiePie on this as vehemently if 1) he didn't have a unique amount of power and 2) he didn't already have a history of being grossly irresponsible with that power, right? It seems to me some of you are really trying to lose sight of that larger context, and then somehow convincing yourselves it's weird people care that a white supremacist's content was showcased in a video that's been viewed more than 4 million times.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I was in Honolulu over the holidays, cutting through the mall from the beach back to my AirBnB. A teen girl at the top of the escalator was stopping everyone, showing them her handmade sign, which read "Subscribe to PewDiePie." As I got to the top someone was asking her why they should. She's like "Because he's awesome!" I looked the would-be subscribers in the eye and said "He's a white supremacist" and they turned and looked at the girl like she was an alien, while she looked pissssseddddd.

It was a good day.

Atram

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How about him being the second name mentioned on the Wikipedia article for the Unite the Right rally's list of prominent figures? Right after the dude who came up with the "alt-right" label.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally

My only take from this is, that if I'm interested to become a racist this thread has helped me a lot to find easy people to follow.

PDP is an attention whore like most clickbait influencer on YouTube etc. he doesn't care and does everything to become attention.

But in the end it's easy to put the responsibility on his shoulders because reasons...

If my son becomes a racist it will not be his fault...it was mine, I failed! not PDP oder the other POS on the YouTube.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was in Honolulu over the holidays, cutting through the mall from the beach back to my AirBnB. A teen girl at the top of the escalator was stopping everyone, showing them her handmade sign, which read "Subscribe to PewDiePie." As I got to the top someone was asking her why they should. She's like "Because he's awesome!" I looked the would-be subscribers in the eye and said "He's a white supremacist" and they turned and looked at the girl like she was an alien, while she looked pissssseddddd.

It was a good day.

Did someone tap you on the shoulder and say: "Actually he just paid people to hold signs that say 'Death to all Jews' and regularly retweets white nationalists, that doesn't make him one himself."

My only take from this is, that if I'm interested to become a racist this thread has helped me a lot to find easy people to follow.

PDP is an attention whore like most clickbait influencer on YouTube etc. he doesn't care and does everything to become attention.

But in the end it's easy to put the responsibility on his shoulders because reasons...

If my son becomes a racist it will not be his fault...it was mine, I failed! not PDP oder the other POS on the YouTube

This argument is faulty. The Internet has all this information. If you think people are coming on ERA to figure out "how to become a racist", whatever that means, I think I have a bridge to sell you. Do you know how impressionable kids are? How do you think they form opinions and ideologies? Yes you can blame parents, but you can also blame people like Pewdiepie who can't take a few minutes and look up all the people he's featuring in his videos.

Honestly if that's your only take, you aren't interested in the discussion, you aren't interested in the problems of social media and the Internet in 2019. You even acknowledge some of the problems in your posts criticizing this thread!

Dec 13, 2017
I trully don't get the hate the guy gets. I've actually seen some of his whiskey and books videos, I believe he is pretty grounded and funny. I would be way more concerned with Logan Paul or others youtubers that actually promote stupidity than this dude.

Not a fan , i don't get his appeal , thus i just avoid it usually . That's still , in my case far from hatred . From what i read and hear , I just find him very negligent , in this instance and other ones . While this "case" is relatively a small incident , it's something that seem to repeat itself , over and over . You've got a big platform , the biggest even for kids/teens... and people watch your every moves ... unless you absolutely don't give a crap (in wich case , he can shoulder the oncoming storms without the need to be defended) , watch what you post and how it will be interpreted . Accidents do happen , fine .. then get better and more vigilant ... so far he has not .

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
lol it's amazing what atrocities people will stand up for and make excuses for these days...

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

If my son becomes a racist it will not be his fault...it was mine, I failed! not PDP oder the other POS on the YouTube.

If you were a racist, you'd find a lot of these people anyway, because you're interested in their content and they're interested in networking with each other.

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'd believe it was an honest mistake if it happened once, but at this point, it'd have to be a crazy coincidence. A bunch of other famous Youtubers do the same shtick as him without ever covering and promoting Nazi trash.
I really think it's a lack of sense of responsibility on his part, more than anything else. The fact is the internet is filled with this shit. I am constantly barraged with far right content creators on YouTube and reddit despite intentionally avoiding it all as much as possible.

Pewdiepie really should be paying someone to research and screen this stuff. But I think he will forever see himself as "just a guy making YouTube videos".

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
But you painted others of being jealous of his success. If there are valid complaints about this dude it's not just jealousy. And you do know who this person is if you've read the thread.

I just dont hold a lot of credibility against people on the internet.
I believe people here are legit fighting the good fight. But lots are not really convincing. You want to make a stance? Go outside and demonstrate. Posting thousands of messages on a videogame forum isnt gonna change the world. Often its just baiting out and parroting each other.
It just gets really annoying.

But thats just my experience.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really think it's a lack of sense of responsibility on his part, more than anything else. The fact is the internet is filled with this shit. I am constantly barraged with far right content creators on YouTube and reddit despite intentionally avoiding it all as much as possible.

Pewdiepie really should be paying someone to research and screen this stuff. But I think he will forever see himself as "just a guy making YouTube videos".

Pewdiepie talks with and retweets white supremacists on Twitter. Whether or not he's an outright one himself, he surely has no issues with talking to them. I think he's more than just an irresponsible shit at this point.

I just dont hold a lot of credibility against people on the internet.
I believe people here are legit fighting the good fight. But lots are not really convincing. You want to make a stance? Go outside and demonstrate. Posting thousands of messages on a videogame forum isnt gonna change the world. Often its just baiting out and parroting each other.
It just gets really annoying.

But thats just my experience.

Ah so your argument is really just aiming at one of false privation, similar to a "there are starving kids in Africa, why are you worried about this?" type argument. It's fallacious for a reason.

Not to mention, I do demonstrate. I also find, that talking to people directly about how they view these issues and trying to understand why they feel so dispassionate about them is educational. I'll be honest, I don't really care that you think me saying fuck Nazis on ERA isn't effective. I'm not going to be part of a community that consistently either emboldens or ignores these types of events.

Posting thousands of messages on ERA isn't going to change the world. But it may change a couple of people. So why not? I don't have the ability to change the world, sadly. Do you know who does? Pewdie fucking pie. And look what he does with it.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
SJW is a pejorative term to make fun of people who are willing to defend minorities and point out bigotry. Using it the way you did is similar to how shitlords on 4chan and reddit use it.

Do you think the Southern Poverty Law Center is SJW? The Women's Defamation League? The issue with right-wing extremists is we've seen time and time again that whether they're Christian, or Muslim or atheist they will kill and harm other people. It's just makes me think either you don't have all the information, or frankly you're being disingenuous.

If people perform certain actions you think there's some sort of statute of limitations on them?
You are making another blanket statement. Things are not black and white.

Me calling out some dude for what I think is the legit use of being a SJW does not mean in any way that I think the Southern Poverty Law Center or Women's Defamation League is bad. Like wtf kind of connection is that!?

This is the outrage I an talking about. Painting everything with one brush. If you have a nuanced opinion or disagree with tactics like this guy then you clearly have to be alt right or a nazi or a troll.

This is you generalizing one nuanced opinion I made of a 5 second clip of a 14 minute video to say I am some troll. The video does not show anything bad, anything right wing, anything racist. It features a dude which I wouldn't have known anything about until they made a big deal out of nothing. This video about nothing is now being used to somehow explain or foment the idea that this guy will kill someone. That this further proves how evil or racist PDP is.

I'm done. Call me any insult or anything you want. I am done commenting because this seems insane. You already made up your minds a d are justifying this shit. And this has nothing to do with PDP past actions. That is the narrative they are feeding us which I disagree with.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

It was a good day.

o5ECfhL.gif

TheAnointed

Dec 7, 2018

Agreed. In my opinion, it's definitely just for attention and this thread is exactly what he wants. All according to keikaku.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
lol it's amazing what atrocities people will stand up for and make excuses for these days...
Atrocity - an extremely wicked or cruel act, typically one involving physical violence or injury.

This isn't that, for fucks sake choose your words better. This kind of hyperbolic nonsense makes it hard to take your points seriously. PDP is a bad and more than suspicious YouTuber. He has never committed an atrocity. Sharing 5 seconds of an alt right dude dabbing (not doing anything particularly alt right) in a 14 minute video is about the farthest thing from an atrocity that I can imagine. Calm down lol

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Funny enough, the original Nazis considered Swedes to be part of the Aryan race to begin with; Swedes are a Germanic people.
Oh yeah, don't get me started on Svecoman movement and Axel Olof Freudenthal specifically! "His theory connected language, nationality and race in a way that claimed supremacy of Swedes over Finns in a way that parallelled other contemporary theories of Aryan supremacy "

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Believe me i dont hate anyone.
oh, i'm not saying you specifically. or honestly even calling out anyone in this thread. but I've was on GAF and now here for well over a decade, and anti-Semitism is very frequently brushed off. many people just don't consider it hate, or honestly don't care. so I can see where that poster was coming from. it can be pretty frustrating.

the "pewdiepie is racist" threads, which we get alot of, are always kinda weird. i'm guessing we have just a bunch of shitty teenage edge lords on here that grew watching the guy at this point so i'm guessing their minds area already warped.

edit, actually followed the comments. well the guy told you to fuck off because you said you hated how this fucking racist youtuber said the n-word, but you don't care that he's posted many antisemetic things at this point. its a double standard and you're wrong.

TheAnointed

Dec 7, 2018

Very true. He's guilty of negligence but I personally don't see him as racist. I think people too liberal with that word these days.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
We all have access to the video, and we know it's accurate that PewDiePie featured a white supremacist. Your insane deep dive into this person who pointed that out accomplishes nothing, informs nothing, changes nothing. It's a distraction from the substance of the issue at hand.

And it's only effective in your head because you're so caught up in the idea that this rather meager bit of social criticism somehow amounts to a gross injustice. He runs an alt-right watchdog site, the bastard! The tweets, which included the full context, somehow constituted a hit piece! He should have reached out and had a civil conversation with PewDiePie, not point out an objective fact on Twitter!

In addition to not actually informing anything, none of those things are damning, either. Here's what you're doing: pretending that the millionaire YouTuber with a history of being irresponsible showcasing a white supremacist in a video was perfectly fine until the big, bad man on Twitter drew attention to it. You don't see how you have things exactly backwards...?
What? So me trying to research why a guy is making a bid deal about an unindentified 5 second clip is being insane?

But if it is done with PDP and all the overanalization of why he is a nazi etc then it is ok?

Are you really taking that dude opinion at face value without making any kind of research into who he is? He could be making shit up but it is insane to investigate?

And it is not social criticism it is social destructive criticism. He is not out to make PDP change or look at his ways. He is out to expose him and others to keep his followers safe from any kind of exposure to "evil" things.

This is just crazy. I'm done. Maybe I am just too old. Maybe I reached that age where I don't get it. I'm out.

Outrage of a 5/840 second of a YT video. This is all that this is. No discourse at all just reinforcement of the idea that PDP has to be evil without any valid proof for this one.

And this is me ONLY talking about this video not the shady shit he has done before.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
After watching the full 10 minute video linked in the OP, I don't know how anyone could reasonably claim that this was an example of PDP intentionally promoting white supremacy. He's literally just watching and reacting to a compilation of randomly selected Tik Tok videos. No - generally speaking PDP does not deserve the benefit of the doubt as he should know by now that he needs to tread very carefully if he's truly genuine about wanting to rehabilitate his image, but even with that being the case this particular example still seems like a massive stretch to me, and the negative reaction here comes off as people just looking for any reason to push the narrative that he's a white supremacist. Bottom line - I think it's going to make it more difficult to pin legitimate criticisms to bad actors in the future if we cry wolf on something like this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I can understand that this wouldn't look as bad if you take it out the context where PewDiePie has tweeted Stefan Molyneux, had Ben Shapiro as a guest, paid for the death to Jews sign, ranted against a guy who said he was targeted by Republicans for being black and gay, used racial and homophobic slurs, and recommended a video from a Neo-Nazi that included a clip of one of their prominent murders.

I'm not sure why you'd take it out of that context though.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the outrage I an talking about. Painting everything with one brush. If you have a nuanced opinion or disagree with tactics like this guy then you clearly have to be alt right or a nazi or a troll.

Your opinion isn't nuanced whatsoever.

This is you generalizing one nuanced opinion I made of a 5 second clip of a 14 minute video to say I am some troll. The video does not show anything bad, anything right wing, anything racist. It features a dude which I wouldn't have known anything about until they made a big deal out of nothing. This video about nothing is now being used to somehow explain or foment the idea that this guy will kill someone. That this further proves how evil or racist PDP is.

As others have said, if it's a five second clip, shouldn't be hard to edit it out. PDP's evil is an evil built on complete and utter indifference to the plights of others. Painting a Nazi as whacky and funny is definitely problematic. The fact you think that a video has to outright say 'Death to all Jews' (wait that reminds me of something...) to have any sort of approval, tacit or otherwise, is sort of funny.

I'm done. Call me any insult or anything you want. I am done commenting because this seems insane. You already made up your minds a d are justifying this shit. And this has nothing to do with PDP past actions. That is the narrative they are feeding us which I disagree with.

Actually this does have to do with Pewdiepie's past actions. It builds upon his lack of credibility, his lack of apology, his lack of any actions that I would consider to be part of a normal society. After his 'Death to all Jews' video the Daily Stormer put up a banner that said "Number 1 fan site of Pewdiepie" as an example about how his actions affect others.

The basic gist is, completely normalizing Nazism is terrible. I don't care if he's doing it intentionally or not. It doesn't matter based on his history.

I didn't say otherwise, did I? Why is calling out a chicken little style post tantamount to defending PDP to you? PDP is shit, and I don't watch his content.

When did I say it was? Jesus you are incredibly defensive. Look at what you did, you entered the thread, as far as I could tell that was your first post. And it was to correct someone on their word choice. You didn't even comment on the actual event.

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Ah so your argument is really just aiming at one of false privation, similar to a "there are starving kids in Africa, why are you worried about this?" type argument. It's fallacious for a reason.

What?

Not to mention, I do demonstrate. I also find, that talking to people directly about how they view these issues and trying to understand why they feel so dispassionate about them is educational. I'll be honest, I don't really care that you think me saying fuck Nazis on ERA isn't effective. I'm not going to be part of a community that consistently either emboldens or ignores these types of events.

Posting thousands of messages on ERA isn't going to change the world. But it may change a couple of people. So why not? I don't have the ability to change the world, sadly. Do you know who does? Pewdie fucking pie. And look what he does with it.

Cool.
I think it isnt productive at all and is just creating a toxic place where stuff can get really tense in a split of a second. Lots just seem to micro analyse everyones posts to find something to call them out on.

But i do respect you for demonstrating and i never doubted you as a person because your posts show that.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like he is fighting a war of attrition.
People are scrutinizing everything he does. To the point that he is going to just stop.

I'm sure he and Notch can build their underground bunker and whine about the SJWs if he wanted to.

What I gathered from your post was "if you feel this strongly why aren't you doing something about it?", which I take exception with. It's a similar argument to when people are having a discussion about a problem in the world, in this case social media and YouTube in 2019, they point out a different problem as a distraction. The lack of people staunchly out protesting and exercising their rights as citizens isn't good, I'll agree with you there, but talking with you all about this on ERA isn't going to stop me from doing so, nor does it really have anything to do with it.

Cool.
I think it isnt productive at all and is just creating a toxic place where stuff can get really tense in a split of a second. Lots just seem to micro analyse everyones posts to find something to call them out on.

But i do respect you for demonstrating and i never doubted you as a person because your posts show that.

I feel like as long as it's not veering into personal attacks, it's fine to discuss these things in an emotional way. Most of us are going to be emotional about Nazis, video games and Pewdiepie for various reasons. If you think I'm being toxic, I'd love to know why. Besides some f bombs, I feel like I've been calmer than I usually am while dealing with infuriating Pewdiepie-ers :).

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
edit, actually followed the comments. well the guy told you to fuck off because you said you hated how this fucking racist youtuber said the n-word, but you don't care that he's posted many antisemetic things at this point. its a double standard and you're wrong

Where did i said i didnt care about the antisemetic things? Dude asked me if i have issues what PDP's past content.. i answered that.. i dont have a list of shit what he had said or did.. the n-word is the one that came up in my head. Ofc i am not okay with that. Damn

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, my full thoughts on this. This is mainly aimed to those of you saying people are getting "outraged" for no reason.

I'm inclined to believe that this specific case was not him purposefully promoting a white supremacist.

But the fact is that his channel is aimed at children who watch YouTube more than television. He has a responsibility to check the Twitter handles he is showing to millions of children to make sure that that he isn't linking them to a fucking Nazi.

He simply doesn't care about the consequences of what he does. He has been blatantly racist in the past himself and he clearly doesn't care if he is linking children to Nazi social media accounts, even if it happened by mistake.

This is my stance on it. In this case he didn't do it on purpose BUT he also has no problem watching Nazi content anyway. Even if he had been responsible and checked to see if any of the handles he linked to were scumbags, he would probably happily watch their content on his own time.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
How much does pewdiepie have to do before people stop giving him the benefit of the doubt for christ's sake

Moose the Mooche

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I'm sure he and Notch can build their underground bunker and whine about the SJWs if he wanted to.

What I gathered from your post was "if you feel this strongly why aren't you doing something about it?", which I take exception with. It's a similar argument to when people are having a discussion about a problem in the world, in this case social media and YouTube in 2019, they point out a different problem as a distraction. The lack of people staunchly out protesting and exercising their rights as citizens isn't good, I'll agree with you there, but talking with you all about this on ERA isn't going to stop me from doing so, nor does it really have anything to do with it.

I feel like as long as it's not veering into personal attacks, it's fine to discuss these things in an emotional way. Most of us are going to be emotional about Nazis, video games and Pewdiepie for various reasons. If you think I'm being toxic, I'd love to know why. Besides some f bombs, I feel like I've been calmer than I usually am while dealing with infuriating Pewdiepie-ers :).

I dont think your toxic. I think the people baiting others, responding with post count numbers, diving in post histories the find something to fit their narrative are being toxic.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont get it....hes making fun of one of those tik tok things.
Thats like saying trump jokes promote nazism.

Status
Not open for further replies.