• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It's troubling just how many people are still willing to stan for PDP when this shit happens. Dude has a documented history now. It's not hard to see what's enormously problematic with him.

It's only hard if you either refuse to see PewDiePie as a racist, or that fact simply doesn't bother you.

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
What are you implying?

That you don't believe PDP's history of anti-semitism is an important factor in his continued fuck ups.

It's troubling just how many people are still willing to stan for PDP when this shit happens. Dude has a documented history now. It's not hard to see what's enormously problematic with him.

It's only hard if you either refuse to see PewDiePie as a racist, or that fact simply doesn't bother you.

For real.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Im sorry, he's going through a tiktok reddit of viral videos. This is some hard grasping going on here.

Thread and tweet in a nutshell:

PaODWpW.gif

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
What are you implying?

Okay, then what? He needs to search everyone? When people share viral tweets with 100k+ retweets are they expected to know who the original poster is and their background?

No, but the content they share, they should check in that case?

And it is not the same thing, since PDP have million of fans in easy to influence ages.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If anything, this just shows that he should have an editor that screens this stuff. Everything else he's done has been problematic, but this just honestly seems like an oversight.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It kills me how Pewdiepie apologists want to insist 60%-80% of white male youtubers are white supremacists, so there's no possible way he could avoid them watching random videos, but there's no way on God's green earth Pewdiepie himself could possibly be a white supremacist youtuber himself.

I never randomly run into white supremacists online. I have to expressly look for them after scenarios like these....

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's still an assumption that he would know who he is. Stefan Molyneux clearly has a much larger audience.
Okay, so let's do a little exercise. If you think Baked Alaska is less popular than Stefan Molyneux, that's fine, but how do you explain the fact that PDP also had Ben Shapiro guest star on a recent video of his?

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
You don't see the problem with PDP history and this? Had it only been this no one had batted an eye.

5 seconds of a video he got from his subreddit that he clearly gave no more attention than any of the other videos, and moved on to the next.... nope I legit dont see any issue.

Like tons of people here, I learned about the guy (people even posted his videos here) cause of ERA

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That you don't believe PDP's history of anti-semitism is an important factor in his continued fuck ups.

For real.
Well, I didn't remember the one you brought up but I don't think it's related to this.
Okay, so let's do a little exercise. If you think Baked Alaska is less popular than Stefan Molyneux, that's fine, but how do you explain the fact that PDP also had Ben Shapiro guest star on a recent video of his?
Ben Shapiro is bigger than both of them? What do you want?

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
5 seconds of a video he got from his subreddit that he clearly gave no more attention than any of the other videos, and moved on to the next.... nope I legit dont see any issue.

Like tons of people here, I learned about the guy (people even posted his videos here) cause of ERA

So you endorse racism and anti-semitism risk if you see no problem with his history. So, fuck you!

Ebullientprism

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Making something out of nothing.

This is the kind of shit his idiot supporters point it and say "Look people are overreacting" when he legit does something fucked up like the youtube channel he promoted.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to ruin the hot fire being dropped in this etiquette post but what does "shittiest views" even mean when talking about the most subscribbed YouTuber?
It sounds like you're implying that the number of viewers he has somehow excuses his repeated expression of bigoted thoughts and promotion of bigoted peers. I hope I'm mistaken, but considering you offhandedly criticized my condemnation of the person who has repeatedly spouted unfounded hatred of groups of people, I think I see your angle. Gross.

Nov 14, 2017
This comic is moronic. So according to you and this artist, owning an iPhone is the same level of necessity as participating in society?
Yes. You need a smartphone or transport to participate in society. The conditions of iPhone workers are probably the same as producers of other smartphones. You can't meaningfully participate in modern society without internet access, and a smartphone is the most cost effective way for one to have internet access.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What the fuck. Is this real?
Yes. I prefer not to link to it and provide it more attention and views, but it was uploaded on November 2nd, 2018.
Ben Shapiro is bigger than both of them? What do you want?
Okay, cool. So you recognize that PDP has had strong interaction with two members of the far, radical right. Do you also concede about the video where PDP recommended a book by Jordan Peterson?

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
So, If I see no error in his part in not checking every single tiktok vid creator and not agreeing that this alone is he PROMOTING NAZISM I should fuck myself?

K then.

No. You replied to a post regarding PDP's history and you responded that it didn't matter to you. If anti-semitism and racism don't matter to you, then yes, fuck off.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So, If I see no error in his part in not checking every single tiktok vid creator and not agreeing that this alone is he PROMOTING NAZISM I should fuck myself?

K then.
It's been a day since the video was posted, and it's now criticized for promoting the far-right accuont(which is exactly what that is, having his content and channel name posted right on the screen in PDP's video)... but it's not yet taken down. Until PDP takes it down, now that it's publicly known what's being promoted, it's absolutely fair to call it the promotion of Nazism/shitbag racism/garbage/alt-right filth/etc.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory threadwhining; history of drive-by posting
In a thread about a person who has a MASSIVE following promoting a disgusting white supremacist...you felt the need to thread whine about it being in gaming. Think about that for a second.
Yes I do, I come on here to read about gaming which is a hobby - an escape from everything around the world.

I don't click on the gaming thread to read anything but gaming news

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I never said that, can you quote me where I said exactly what you are implying?

Here you go:

You don't see the problem with PDP history and this? Had it only been this no one had batted an eye.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
It's been a day since the video was posted, and it's now criticized for promoting the far-right accuont(which is exactly what that is, having his content and channel name posted right on the screen in PDP's video)... but it's not yet taken down. Until PDP takes it down, now that it's publicly known what's being promoted, it's absolutely fair to call it the promotion of Nazism/shitbag racism/garbage/alt-right filth/etc.
Chances that he doesn't even know about it?

He would have to follow ERA to know about it correct?

And people doesn't need to remove videos anymore, youtube lets you edit just the part that you want to take out.

I see no issue with he not having the knowledge (like a ton of people here) about who that bloke is.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. I prefer not to link to it and provide it more attention and views, but it was uploaded on November 2nd, 2018.

Okay, cool. So you recognize that PDP has had strong interaction with two members of the far, radical right. Do you also concede about the video where PDP recommended a book by Jordan Peterson?
I don't know anything about that but I'm not trying to say he's not conservative the only point I'm making is that I don't believe he knowingly added Baked Alaska to his video and that's it's unrealistic to expect him to research everyone he features in a video.

Baked Alaska, from what I remember, was just an alt-right figure on Twitter in 2015-2016. Nowhere near the level of notoriety Ben Shapiro and Jordan Peterson currently are.

Take5GiantSteps

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Chances that he doesn't even know about it?

He would have to follow ERA to know about it correct?

And people doesn't need to remove videos anymore, youtube lets you edit just the part that you want to take out.

I see no issue with he not having the knowledge (like a ton of people here) about who that bloke is.

I do take issue with you not having a problem with PDP's history. Are you even reading what you're replying to?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
The quality of conversation in this thread has really diminished and so we are closing it to further replies. There doesn't seem to be anything else to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.