• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
So we've been talking about this on the Off-Topic side but I feel like the literally biggest person in gaming recommending an unapologetic Nazi who openly asks for Jews to be expunged from entertainment, calling them "the biggest threat to humanity's continued survival", who translates and subtitles Hitler speeches and who shows footage of Heather Heyer getting killed in his Death Note review, citing it as an example of how the Death Note would work...well, that might be of some relevance to this industry.

I will obviously not link to his channel but here is a video by Hasan Piker showing exactly what I described above, with timecodes:

Heather Heyer footage over Death Note Review: 7:18
Expunging Jews from Entertainment: 11:30
Calling Jews "the biggest threat to humanity's continued survival": 14:40
Subtitled Hitler speeches: 16:00

PewDiePie himself commented under that Death Note video 3 months ago, stating "Now I'm excited for Death Note 2, just for another video like this one".

If you would rather read about this whole thing than watch a video, this article is recommended:
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/youtubes-biggest-personality-promoted-an-anti-semite/

Totally unrelated:
PewDiePiew joking around with Stefan Molyneux:
nQ5TNWt.png

PewDiePie paying 2 Indians to put up a "Death To All Jews"-sign but #itsjustaprankbro:
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ie-thinks-death-to-all-jews-joke-laughing-yet

PewDiePie shouting out the N-Word:
https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/9/11/16288826/pewdiepie-n-word-playerunknown-battlegrounds

Last edited:

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Can someone explain to me why Nazis seem to be back in style among high-profile public figures?

Like, what? It's both incredibly disturbing and really, really confusing.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He'll issue an non-apology and go on as normal like all the other shitty streamers and YouTubers.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Can we please stop giving him press now and treat him like the villain he is?

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Can someone explain to me why Nazis seem to be back in style among high-profile public figures?

As the crises of capitalism intensify, the white petty bourgeoisie return to fascism to retain their class position.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
He also put in his most recent video on T series a brief clip showing Kero the Wolf, a furrie youtuber who has been accused (with alot of leaked evidence) of molesting dogs and other depraved, unmentionable acts. Felix should really research who he puts in his stuff...

Oct 28, 2017
After everything he's done in the last few years and his meme video feat. Ben Shapiro around a month ago this shouldn't come as a surprise. It was leading up to this, I guess.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Nazis were always popular, even in the United States. We've reached the point where no living person remembers the atrocities that happened. We just take for granted that people will be good.

This is why education is so important. And not just history. We also need to teach emotional intelligence.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Uh, whichever mod changed the title...

It's PewDiePie, not PewDiePew.

Although I'd be fine with "YouTube Shithead PewDiePie" as an alternative.

EDIT: Whoops. This is gaming side. It's OP's mistake then.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
People didn't play persona 2, all the signs were there. I wish that was a joke
The people that suffered and lived through the rise and fall of nazism and fascism and all those horrors are either dead or in a extremely old age. The age of the World Wars are quickly becoming locked to the history books instead of actually experienced by real people, literally. Becoming stories instead of real things that happened to real people.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
He also put in his most recent video on T series a brief clip showing Kero the Wolf, a furrie youtuber who has been accused (with alot of leaked evidence) of molesting dogs and other depraved, unmentionable acts. Felix should really research who he puts in his stuff...
PDP knows 100% what he is doing. He's a scumbag. Always has been.

Nov 11, 2017
Just seen a video on him putting a KKK costume on thought reset era was trying to hide that.....

Anyways not surprising, pdp is a full blown white supremacist who's argument is always "trolling" or people being easily offended

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Yeah, alright. This I can't defend.

Maybe the take-away is that when people in the past are trying to warn you about someone and their far-right politics, maybe you should listen? If I'm understanding your post here.

Pretty hard to defend, yeah, apparently.

I'll take the wait and see approach here.

lol @ "wait and see approach" to the guy who casually uses the N-word, promotes nazi youtube channels, and pays for anti-semitic jokes .

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Pdp is dead to me with but why the hell does Google allow this account to exist?

I'm going to have to view the content later and start reporting it.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty hard to defend, yeah, apparently.

I'll take the wait and see approach here.
Haha, what? Are you serious right now? It doesn't get more clear than this. Prior to this he has defended Alex Jones, straight up shouted the n-word in anger while playing PUBG, doing Nazi "jokes" multiple times. What else do you need?

Hackworth

Oct 25, 2017

The anti-fascist education most commonly available in capitalist societies is "nazis bad" and not "fascism is a natural end state of capitalism which powerful capitalists support when they feel their power slipping".

OP
OP
Odesu

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Just seen a video on him putting a KKK costume on thought reset era was trying to hide that.....

Anyways not surprising, pdp is a full blown white supremacist who's argument is always "trolling" or people being easily offended

That was a satirical article making fun of the ever-escalating news around him doing/saying/recommending racist/anti-semitic garbage.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
What's up with media figures being complete pieces of crap? Notch (yes that one) has the same shitty views.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe he and Logan Paul have survived on YouTube. Like, what is wrong with people?

stinkyguy666

Nov 4, 2017
He literally had Ben Shapiro as a guest on his meme review and at one point had love-hearts around him. It was so cringey and uncomfortable to sit through.

And above all else, PDP is straight up just not funny. He's the type of obnoxious YTer who seems to think that edgy=funny.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But hey, he donated to charity, he can't possibly be racist/white supremacist, right?? RIGHT?!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
But him saying nigger was no big deal to you?

It's not like that.
I'm French and here, we don't care as much about the meaning of some words. It's much more of an american thing.
I understand that saying the N-word isn't something to do and I wouldn't do it.
But also, It's such a cultural thing that it's hard for me to actually understand why a certain word could mean so much to people.

I don't know if I worded that correctly or not.

Oct 25, 2017
The end of that video in the OP, oh my.

They can just play Hitler directly now and it resonates. Was it really that easy?

edit: Looks like that YT channel already removed it. It had more than 2 million views...

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm keeping my kids off YouTube (and all social media, except to connect with family) for as long as possible. Seems like almost all the prominent streamers are pieces of shit.

OP
OP
Odesu

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's not like that.
I'm French and here, we don't care as much about the meaning of some words. It's much more of an american thing.
I understand that saying the N-word isn't something to do and I wouldn't do it.
But also, It's such a cultural thing that it's hard for me to actually understand why a certain word could mean so much to people.

I don't know if I worded that correctly or not.

Can we fucking not, please?