• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
He better be careful, this is strike 4 or 5. We all know the rules, if this happens 9 or 10 more times he's out.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
"I've literally grown up with the guy by my side."

That was a post that actually happened. Like Pewds is just his misunderstood buddy that he knows intimately. They're friends.

It's such an embarrassing fucking thing to say, I felt shame typing it. Jesus Christ.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
pdp1muijp.png

pdp2uzi35.png

pdp3tcc48.png

found emileber

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
What a pile of pure hot steaming bullshit.

I know he's already banned but out of curiosity I asked a co worker who moved here from France a few years ago about this. He was very positive that this dude is full of shit and that people in France are obviously aware of the racial history of America and that slur.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
This is some scary shit. Might need to step back and rethink things.

He does not know you even exist.
If you aren't in his inner circle, you are just a piggybank to him.

Like, in any other context than this someone claiming that a celebrity is their friend without knowing the person would either be a cry for help or something that should be followed up by authorities, lest they start stalking that person.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
I know he's already banned but out of curiosity I asked a co worker who moved here from France a few years ago about this. He was very positive that this dude is full of shit and that people in France are obviously aware of the racial history of America and that slur.

American culture, including things like jazz, rap, and other traditionally African-American art forms, are so widespread that there is really no plausible deniability on that topic unless that individual is supremely sheltered or incredibly young (like, single digits).

That's not even contending with the idea that somehow Europe doesn't have racism, a view occasionally espoused across the internet. Nope, no problematic history at all.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like pewdiepie will be back in the headlines again!! Only going to increase that T-Series gap!!

Almost like the guy who has the largest sub base on the most lucrative platform knows what he is doing....

Benita

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
The problem with a guy like this is whether he has an actual agenda or not, he's still normalising this kinda stuff to an impressionable audience.

Whether that's deliberate or not is up for debate, but the harm it causes really isn't.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with a guy like this is whether he has an actual agenda or not, he's still normalising this kinda stuff to an impressionable audience.

Whether that's deliberate or not is up for debate, but the harm it causes really isn't.
Says the N word, continuously signal boosts awful people and laughs it off like a child when confronted, at this point I have no doubt he's a piece of shit.

He lost the benefit of the doubt a long time ago.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Brushed through it, but he basically laughs it off and does that thing where he acts like the criticism is overblown and people are taking it too seriously. Later in the video he is bitching about SonicFox's speech calling him "not the brightest" and then he moves into a segment talking about the Battlefield V controversy because of the #Everyone's Battlefield thing and how he things it is dumb they're writing off fan "concerns" as being hateful and how the game isn't performing well so they should listen to those fans more.
SonicFox firing back:

No lies detected

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, well played Sonic Fox.

Have we had one of those "But it's different in Europe" threads about Romanis yet? Those were always good for culling the racists down for awhile.
No, they disappeared from the news around here a while back, so I don't think we've had our very own era thread where people can feel really comfortable about systematic dehumanization yet.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
If you ever watched just a couple of his videos you'd know this guy ain't no fucking nazi. It's ridicioulous reading some if the things people say about him here knowing him as well as I do. I've literally grown up with this guy by my side he's just not a nazi kind of guy
Oh. So you're from the when he just used to scream "rape" and be real gross to female characters all the time. That's very telling of you.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never liked him to begin with. Actively avoided him since the n-word debacle. So I can't say this one is a bridge too far, since there was no bridge left.

But this says an awful lot about who he really is.

Oct 25, 2017
Great response by SonicFox, and very true as well. The sheer amount of people on Twitter defending PDP is crazy though.

It was nice to see Hutch call him out (sorta) too.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
The weirdest thing to me is that him being a piece of shit racist anti-semite aside, why are so many people admitting to being fans of his at any point in time?

His videos have always been hot dog turds.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad someone posted the Sonic Fox stuff. Lmao. Fox firing back at him for the "heated gaming moment" nonsense is fucking spot on.

Jecht

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol @ 99% of you guys believing everything you read on the internet as long as it fits your political views

Only a 2 week ban for this obvious burner account? Wow.

Does the mod team really believe this shit stain is going to have anything better to say or suddenly change his defense of Nazis in two weeks?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely.

The first time he fucked up I gave him a second chance.
Then he obliterated that chance when he started retweeting alt-right fuckwads coming in his defense
Then he started claiming that the "mainstream media " was conspiring against him
Then he started making anti-feminist videos
Then he said the n word on stream
Then he started featuring far right fuckwads like Shapiro and Peterson in his videos
And now this. It's pretty obvious what he is and ignorance has long not been valid as a excuse. That Harddrive tweet is pretty relevant
At press time, PewDiePie was once again under fire for an incident in a new PUBG stream where, after getting run over by a vehicle, he accidentally left his house, booked a flight to Kentucky, stayed in a hotel for three days, and joined a Civil War reenactment fighting as a Confederate soldier.
I dont know why I laughed so hard at that part of the article.

But yeah. People seem to forget that time he made a video about an anti-feminist guy and said the guy "has some good points."

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Great response by SonicFox, and very true as well. The sheer amount of people on Twitter defending PDP is crazy though.

It was nice to see Hutch call him out (sorta) too.

buncha social media professionals find the thought of deplatforming more frightening than the thought of normalizing violent bigotry.

edit: and it's pretty disappointing to see what were probably burner accounts say shit like that and not get permed.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
That E;R dude is scary since his shit is straight up made to be propaganda to entice kids and young teens into Nazism and fascism. Dude's channel should be taken down. It also continues my not taking that pedantic chud MauLer seriously (besides being a terrible video essayist) since it's one of his recommended channels for people to check out.
"But here in Sweden" and "but here in Europe" make me want to punch these threads.
Which - at least in PewdiePie's case - wouldn't be true regardless since he lives in the UK, where - while likely not used as often as in the US - it's still a well-known racial slur.
I dont know why I laughed so hard at that part of the article.

But yeah. People seem to forget that time he made a video about an anti-feminist guy and said the guy "has some good points."
'[A]nti-feminist guy' is putting it lightly, since that was Janusz Korwin-Mikke, a far-right Polish politician who has called migrants 'human garbage' and isn't sure if Hitler knew about the Holocaust.

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
I mean if you're 50 in France you may not be aware of the slur.
The French equivalent of that slur is also considered offensive and unless it's appropriated in some circles, people will think you're racist dipshit for uttering it.
Heck this makes conversation about ghost writers a bit difficult.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
However what you maybe dom't realize is that here in Sweden the n-word doesn't have anywhere near the same stigma around it because we have a completely different history with regards to these types of things compared to the US.
This is such a sad, desperate, completely worthless attempt at a defense.

He did not use our version of the word, he was speaking in English to a global audience.
Our version of the word is still very racist.

wig split

Nov 1, 2017
Gotta give credit to Pewdiepie, he got his cult to beg for subs on his behalf. The money he makes, I sincerely doubt he cares if another channel overtakes him.