• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Like I said, do you think government takeover will make this cheaper or faster?
Like obviously. The entire reason these problems weren't fixed is because it would cut into profit. Remove the profit motive and the government will just do the job of providing people with electricity.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Won't fix your shit? Ok, we'll take it from you.

Not necessarily (although it could), but it at least provides a better avenue for the public to exercise accountability which is better than PG&E telling their customers to go fuck themselves and being able to do nothing about that.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

The government can invest without being beholden to shareholders: they would provide a service and improve the infrastructure out of obligation to the people. Nationalisation of electricity is one of the most no-brainer things a government can do.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
at this point can you even trust their 10 year estimate? how much of that is because they are still choosing the cheapest option?

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Climate change and privatisation chickens coming home to roost and causing untold damages. Who could have seen this coming?

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
so 10 years of random blackouts? welcome to my third world country

Well, to be honest, I live in a third world country and I don't remember the last blackout we had. This should not be acceptable in the modern world.
I think that would be the only thing going on for us, which is nice I guess :/

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
"third world solutions to first world problems" lol

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In a just world, the incompetent people responsible for this would be charged with criminal negligence on a mass scale.