• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
So, uh, when does the difficulty start increasing cause I just soloed the first three missions and they were cake.
Around what level can u expect stuff to be difficult without a *shudder* party?

ChickenHunter

Oct 28, 2017
So, uh, when does the difficulty start increasing cause I just soloed the first three missions and they were cake.
Around what level can u expect stuff to be difficult without a *shudder* party?
Around SH is where you'll start to see the HP sponge enemies. Then once you enter XH you'll never want to solo anything. The numbers on stuff in XH is such a jump from SH that its generally not worth solo-ing unless you've hit endgame gear.
If you mean actual difficulty in game design, that never comes.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I personally never solo if I can help it. All the fun I have with the game is partying up (and there are exp and other bonuses for doing so). I don't have nearly as much fun running things in a vacuum and burn out quickly whenever I'm forced to.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
When I'm playing and I'm leveling I solo daily quests, because it takes like 30 minutes to run through them and there's a chance of getting multiple silver/gold bonus quest keys.
Aside from that, I recently started using the party recruit thing every time I'm doing an EQ, it's super easy.

How's the PvP nowadays btw.? I remember really enjoying it right after it came out and doing fairly well too. Didn't play after they changed the weapons, I'm curious if they were as unbalanced as the first set.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they have been trying to balance the other classes but all the utility, animation timings, and the skill tree that Hero has are too ridiculous compared to the other classes' gimmicks that limit them.
They're still continuing to buff the older classes and not stopping, There's even a new survey again for feedback on all the classes that you can do and get some SG too for filling it out. I agree that Hero is still overall the best in a lot of situations, but I can usually outparse another similarly geared Hero on both Fi and Gu a majority of the time.

Fi is still a ridiculous class in terms of damage.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I played it on PS4 Pro briefly and it was pretty nice. I wanna get into it again since I've been waiting on a new class
The PS4 is one of the best ways to play, really. If it's your jam, you can even hook up a USB keyboard and mouse and it'll be indistinguishable from playing on a PC.

The Switch version is odd, to say the least; the system certainly has enough horsepower to render the game locally at a passable graphics level. Maybe there's an upper limit to how much space Switch games can take up?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Maybe there's an upper limit to how much space Switch games can take up?
I feel that the main reason is that Sega doesn't want to deal with updating and managing 4 clients at the same time, especially when each one is running on a completely different hardware (I guess PS4 is similar to PC, but it's still not that simple).

Djawed

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One of the most painful sequels in my life and the final straw in my fandom with SEGA

CBTech

Oct 25, 2017
Phantasy Star Online has been on my mind a lot lately, so I'm finally checking out PSO2. I'm hoping it can scratch a similar itch.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, the OT on gaf seemed slow and didn't seem to have alot of activity, I didn't know if there was gonna be another OT on era. Just started playing again, stopped when Deus Esca was the new EQ, although I've been pretty bad at keeping up with updates and content. Still haven't finished EP4, still haven't done any gathering or skill ring stuff, etc. Level cap increase seems like an insane investment, and after Hero came out I pretty much don't have fun in any non-boss EQ because everyone just runs it on hero and kills everything before I can touch it. Even on XH enemies just melt when the entire MPA is on Hero. I play Hunter so in the time it took me to charge a PA, everything was dead. It really killed my enjoyment because I was basically just picking up drops the entire EQ while the rest of the MPA deathballed through the rest of the level.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I came back to the game after a year and a half and I'm enjoying it a lot. I never really progressed much in episode 4 so I want to try to get through that and episode 5. I have no idea what's going on in the story and I'm sort of curious to see where it goes.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm 75, want to break the cap and have no 13* Hunter weapons and don't know what I'm doing anymore.

How do I acquire 13* required to hit the level 80 cap and how do I grind it to 35?

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 75, want to break the cap and have no 13* Hunter weapons and don't know what I'm doing anymore.

How do I acquire 13* required to hit the level 80 cap and how do I grind it to 35?

If money is an issue you'll want to start working on a collect file, you'll want to talk to Pudding for this but the weapons obtained through this method are 20 element and have a grind cap of 30 which means you'll need 6 to raise the item grind cap to 35. If money is no problem then it may be possible to buy a 13 star from the player shop to grind for the requirements, the current EQ drops tradeable 13 stars for all classes as the バル series. This would be the easiest method and since the weapons are dropped they will have a higher grind level cap (you can combine a +32 max weapon with a +33 and raise the item's grind cap to +35)

These PSUblog pages may explain it better:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/unlocking-class-level-80-for-pso2/
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-grinding-13-star-weapons/

One of the requirements for level 80 was relaxed recently, you probably aren't required to complete all of a classes' bonus skill points quests anymore.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm starting to get addicted to This game. I dabbled in the old beta way back and the PS4 beta but didn't have the time. Only problem is my TV is really small so it's a struggle to read the kanji.

How do I change ships?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I didn't know PSO2 is coming on Switch. Will import a physical copy.
While I'm sure there's going to be a "physical release" with an empty box and a bunch of item codes, remember that the Switch version is going to be a cloud based. A small client and the whole game being streamed.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If money is an issue you'll want to start working on a collect file, you'll want to talk to Pudding for this but the weapons obtained through this method are 20 element and have a grind cap of 30 which means you'll need 6 to raise the item grind cap to 35. If money is no problem then it may be possible to buy a 13 star from the player shop to grind for the requirements, the current EQ drops tradeable 13 stars for all classes as the バル series. This would be the easiest method and since the weapons are dropped they will have a higher grind level cap (you can combine a +32 max weapon with a +33 and raise the item's grind cap to +35)

These PSUblog pages may explain it better:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/unlocking-class-level-80-for-pso2/
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-grinding-13-star-weapons/

One of the requirements for level 80 was relaxed recently, you probably aren't required to complete all of a classes' bonus skill points quests anymore.
I appreciate all the help thanks. So I managed to purchase a 13*, but jeez this eats up all my meseta and what little lambra grinders when I grind this thing. I'm now broke due to to this.

I might have to just give up on achieving this as this is honestly pretty ridiculous of SEGA to do just for a level cap.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
They really should release this in the U.S.
I've been craving a game like Phantasy Star online episode I & II for the switch or any console now.
The switch would be preferable for local play and trading.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
No definite Switch release date yet, right? If it's still "spring" I wonder if it will be during the March update.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Old news by now but April 4th is the date of the Switch version.

Wonder how the cloud play will be :think:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can someone confirm, the Vita version doesn't use streaming, and the Switch version uses streaming?
Does the Vita version still have content parity with the others?

Sitrus

Oct 31, 2017
Can someone confirm, the Vita version doesn't use streaming, and the Switch version uses streaming?
Does the Vita version still have content parity with the others?

The Vita version has content parity with the other versions and is a full client. The switch version streams the image from the Japanese servers like PSN Now, Geforce Now etc and is only a streaming client.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Vita version has content parity with the other versions and is a full client. The switch version streams the image from the Japanese servers like PSN Now, Geforce Now etc and is only a streaming client.

Interesting, you would think that the native client would be a more pleasant experience, despite the needed graphical limitations.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Interesting, you would think that the native client would be a more pleasant experience, despite the needed graphical limitations.
Native client which works fine with all versions would cost Sega a ton of money, doing it through the cloud is probably much cheaper. Also PSO2 is a huge space hog, people would probably be angry that it takes up 30? GB on their memory cards.

Oct 25, 2017
I actually thought the Switch would replace the vita version with a digital version not a cloud version. I guess I have to just get used to the PS4 version since I don't know how the cloud version would work outside of Japan...

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I actually thought the Switch would replace the vita version with a digital version not a cloud version. I guess I have to just get used to the PS4 version since I don't know how the cloud version would work outside of Japan...
I don't even know how it will work inside Japan. Trying to stream some Emergency Quests sounds bad lol.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how it will work inside Japan. Trying to stream some Emergency Quests sounds bad lol.
Japan has the latency to spare. It'll work fine if you're in the main island.

The Vita version technically has content parity but actually segregates the users away from PC/PS4/soon to be Switch blocks. The blocks Vita users can enter have reduced map size for some worlds (while increasing area count) to make them less resource intensive.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Japan has the latency to spare. It'll work fine if you're in the main island.
Is there not much data transfer? I felt like even on the PS4 it would be lag city sometimes for me, depending on what the EQ had to render. Maybe they could simplify some of that and stream data on a priority basis.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So will Western players be able to use a Japanese eShop account to download the game and login and play from NA or EU?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I really fell off this game because of the episode's 5 setting being boring fantasy. Question to long time players - how's the current state of the game? Hero still the only class worth playing?

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
I really fell off this game because of the episode's 5 setting being boring fantasy. Question to long time players - how's the current state of the game? Hero still the only class worth playing?
I still just main Hero but Techer and Rangers are still useful for their abilities. For seasonal EQs you still see all classes being used, they're really trying to balance the classes especially with 14 star weapons with S4 S Class abilities boosting non Hero skills. I do wish they hurried with the movement speed balance update though.

edit: I forgot to add that they ran another player surver and are still asking for feedback about balance.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
So I played around with the Cloud version, since it was released on the Switch today. Ran around the main ship, didn't feel like going on any quest, but it seemed to run and look fine (portable mode). No real input lag, the game choked only for half a second, maybe once.
DZ8wYW7VMAE35jK.jpg:large

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Did you uncap your classes yet? lol

I don't have a Switch, but I imagine the latency is an issue if you're not in Japan. There have always been things like spawn point kills that haven't worked outside the country because of lag, and lag is going to matter a great deal more for something like this.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Did you uncap your classes yet? lol

I don't have a Switch, but I imagine the latency is an issue if you're not in Japan. There have always been things like spawn point kills that haven't worked outside the country because of lag, and lag is going to matter a great deal more for something like this.
I think I have 2-3 classes uncapped, and Hero is getting there :p

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing this. What ship is everyone on?

Also, the game can't stay logged in. I think I've gotten to the character creation screen once and it dropped me after that. Servers must be getting hammered there.

OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. I joined Ship 5, but I'll see about starting again on Ship 2. I finally got a chance to play last night and it was pretty cool. Not the best connection, but I could play. Gonna try to remake my character and start on Ship 2.
You can make three characters for free, so not a big deal just making a second character. Back when I played regularly a bunch of people on my team maintained a presence on multiple ships so they could run EQs multiple times.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Ah. I joined Ship 5, but I'll see about starting again on Ship 2. I finally got a chance to play last night and it was pretty cool. Not the best connection, but I could play. Gonna try to remake my character and start on Ship 2.
Not sure how the Cloud version works but you can save and load character appearance through the エステカウンター (probably translated as Salon/Beauty shop) Some changes are locked and you'll need an エステ利用パスSor エステ無料パス (Salon/Beauty pass) to make changes, you'll receive some as campaign/event rewards otherwise you can buy the エステ利用パスS with Star Gems (obtainable in-game or with real cash.)

It's also a good to have multiple characters for rewards/money making. The team is still balancing classes and I believe they delayed their next advanced class in favor of finishing their rebalancing so you'll be able to receive Skill Tree reset passes for each character when they do hand some out. Some rewards are one per ship or account but each character has their own client order cooldowns and event bingo cards.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the information. I have to admit, jumping in at this stage is so overwhelming. I have no idea what I'm doing or what to do. Way too much stuff to really get a grasp of.