• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gun Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the information. I have to admit, jumping in at this stage is so overwhelming. I have no idea what I'm doing or what to do. Way too much stuff to really get a grasp of.
If you haven't already, I'd join the Arks Fleet Discord from the PSO2 Tweaker. It's very active and everyone is helpful in the advice channel.

Just make sure to read the rules first.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
On one hand, I'm glad that the Cloud version is working perfectly fine for me. Don't even feel the input lag.
On the other hand, I tried doing the new extreme quest necessary to get the expert status and I failed spectacularly in the first stage versus Deus, yikes. I'm really bad at this game, despite spending 1200 hours with it.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand, I'm glad that the Cloud version is working perfectly fine for me. Don't even feel the input lag.
On the other hand, I tried doing the new extreme quest necessary to get the expert status and I failed spectacularly in the first stage versus Deus, yikes. I'm really bad at this game, despite spending 1200 hours with it.
Hero with Talis in the air is mostly safe. A weapon with life steal (I used an old Elder pain; edit: for the solo version) to swap to for heals is also useful for the 3rd stage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
StarCreator

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is there more gatekeeping I have to go through now? I haven't done any qualifying since Solo Extreme floors 1-5 were the requirement.

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, is there more gatekeeping I have to go through now? I haven't done any qualifying since Solo Extreme floors 1-5 were the requirement.
They changed the requirement for Expert matching, you need to clear any of the new XQs. There's a solo variant and a group variant and clearing either lets you qualify. The solo XQ is supposed to have higher drop chances for Invade NT weapons but it's harder without revives from others.

I really should get Hero to 80, shouldn't I. Currently getting the additional skill points at 75.
Replying to the question above I was reminded that there was a group version of the new XQs, sorry for forgetting that. The 3rd stage for the group XQ is easier than the solo XQ's version so life steal isn't really needed.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Replying to the question above I was reminded that there was a group version of the new XQs, sorry for forgetting that. The 3rd stage for the group XQ is easier than the solo XQ's version so life steal isn't really needed.
I knew about the party version, but I honestly haven't grouped for anything in this game aside from quick leveling/emergency quest parties.
Thanks to your post, I gave it a shot and cleared the party version together with 2 awesome randoms on our 2nd try!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Haven't played in a while, but what are the early impressions from Episode 6? Is Phantom fun? Completely op?

Fries

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played in a while, but what are the early impressions from Episode 6? Is Phantom fun? Completely op?
Phantom isn't as exaggeratingly OP as Hero was but it makes a good caster on Rod, Rifle is also good but Katana may possibly be their least diverse and weakest weapon. I find Phantom more fun than Hero which was my favorite but it requires slightly more effort on bosses. Sega might also need to fix some issues with Marks as you can mostly only activate or even see them on enemies that don't melt and they can move if your target has multiple hitboxes intercepting the activation projectile.

Deleted member 9290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit guys, im back!

just tried to log in for the first time since 2015, and my character is even there!

58h on the clock, lets do this! also the english patch got way further than back then. it seems like all items are now translated!

anybody with me?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Holy shit guys, im back!

just tried to log in for the first time since 2015, and my character is even there!

58h on the clock, lets do this! also the english patch got way further than back then. it seems like all items are now translated!

anybody with me?
I jumped back about a week after episode 6 launched and finished all the story. Did another quick return at the end of episode 5 to finish up all that story, but haven't stayed for long.
Just doing dailies/weeklies and grabbing bonus keys is enough to quickly level up, but I have to be honest, new requirement for experts is a bit rough (S rank solo trigger Deus fight).

Endymion

Oct 27, 2017
I got super obsessed with PSO2 when the Persona 4 outfits introduced (after not having played since it first came out). Unfortunately I leveled up a bit too quickly with the bonus keys and my equipment fell behind as a result, and I ended up burning out trying to acquire new gear.