• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
No, I think it's about choice for gamers. We are seeing incredible growth with Game Pass, we have millions of subscribers today. But also, every game that is in Game Pass, you can buy that game.

I love the idea that if you want to go build your library of games through purchasing games, that's a great thing and it's incredibly healthy and growing right now, game sales.

If you want to go build your library through the monthly subscription, I think that's also a great way and I love the fact that as a gamer you have that choice on our platform.

Full article: https://wccftech.com/phil-spencer-s...market-game-pass-has-millions-of-subscribers/

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of threads made from this one interview. This place is turning into wccftech.com.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Deserves it and it will keep growing. It's arguably the best thing this generation.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of feel like it would be nice to know exactly how many millions we're talking about, but cconsidering the deal of the game pass, how can one really argue against it? Definitely will be nice when we get to February and Crackdown 3.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Always good to get clear and exact numbers out of MS.

They practically hand out subs so I would hope there's a lot. I've gotten around 10 months of it this year and I don't think I even paid as much as $20 total for it all. There's an offer going right now for 6 months at $30 too.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
just one
I've been on and off the service since State of Decay 2 came out, probably going to re-up while it's half off so I can play crack down 3 and enjoy the 4K games
It's at least 2 million. He didn't say million, he said millions meaning multiple. We know that State of Decay 2 has like 5 million players and that State of Decay 2 sold over a couple million copies right?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
He said millions of subscribers on at least 2 different interviews, so definitely not a misspoke or something like that, likely, he wanted us to notice that even.

Nov 11, 2017
You can stack the 6 months for $30 a bunch of times...that comes out to $5 a month.
That was an error and not something you can do on a consistent basis. Majority of people dont even know that error existed. Same with bing awards majority of people dont have time , patience or understanding to waste time in that. For the most hardcore gamers deals like that exist.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
The value is truly amazing and Microsoft's commitment to it is commendable. Games on release date for 10 bucks a month? Hell yes.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Not sure if it was a bug since I haven't looked into it. But with the way they constantly have deals on Game Pass, I am certainly under the impression that most people are not actually paying $10/month for it.
They constantly have deals, but like I said that deals are only offered to non subscribers. Right now for instance, I believe they are offering $1 for a month if you didn't subscribed in the last 3 months and 50% off on 3 months if you are a current subscriber.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. I wonder if Sony or Nintendo will respond with their own game pass service.

Khalid

Oct 25, 2017
They constantly have deals, but like I said that deals are only offered to non subscribers. Right now for instance, I believe they are offering $1 for a month if you didn't subscribed in the last 3 months and 50% off on 3 months if you are a current subscriber.
During E3, they had deals that were offered to everyone, 6 months for $30. I still have 5 codes to use but I am waiting to use to for when there will be more game I want to play.

Last edited:

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people pretending to be concerned about Microsoft's bottom line? They're like a trillion dollar corporation.

Netflix is the biggest loss leader in streaming.

Are we about to question their success?

Game Pass is in its early stages. The studio acquisitions they've made and will continue to make are all in service to Game Pass.

Clearly it makes business sense to them.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people pretending to be concerned about Microsoft's bottom line? They're like a trillion dollar corporation.

Game Pass is in its early stages. The studio acquisitions they've made and will continue to make are all in service to Game Pass.

Yeah, if the numbers weren't there it would've been ditched. They have the analytics.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
GamePass already paid for itself with my time with FH4 and Hitman. I subscribed during E3 and with the stacking deals I'm set untill September 2019 for $61 bucks. Hope there are more Holiday/E3 deals later do I can push that number into 2020.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if the numbers weren't there it would've been ditched. They have the analytics.

Yup.

Corporations the size of Microsoft rarely look at anything in the short term.

If anything, we should take advantage when their prices are low if the service is desirable.

If it doesn't pan out for them I'm not about to lose sleep over it.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Because literally everything is platform wars to some people. It's no more obvious than people trying to find fault or failure in a service that is extremely consumer friendly like Game Pass is.

There's literally no reason not to like it or want it to not succeed yet here we are every time it is mentioned.

Loveless

Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at people actually taking SuperData seriously, I don't think there was any way for them to even estimate how many subscribers PSNow/Game Pass had but Game Pass having millions of subscribers right now doesn't account to much considering that they've been giving it for super cheap or free I think.