• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
I'd love to see Halo on the PC. It is really the only reason I miss having an Xbox these days.

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's W10 store only it's going to be dead on arrival though, hope they come to their senses. I personally have no problems with the store but the userbase would become shockingly low if it limited itself to that storefront. If it's W10 store only then at least I hope there's going to be crossplay (Destiny 2 PC convinced me with good auto-aim you can still play with a pad fine)

Just like Sea of Thieves was dead on arrival...

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
This has been promised for years.
And I don't even know how you do it right.
Steam, F2P, cosmetics?
If you're unaware, 343 Industries announced in January that their plans for 2018 are to make Master Chief Collection (the Xbox One collection with Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST and Halo 4) better with updates, updating all of the menus, making matchmaking better, better performance and graphics, etc. and release it as a big update this year.

Microsoft also kinda leaked that the game is coming to Game Pass sometime this year (probably Summer) in a video. (I say kinda leak because it was pretty blatant and it was on the official Xbox social media channels).

This Twitter post probably means MCC (along with the huge update and coming to Game Pass) is coming to the Microsoft Store on Windows 10.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
The boycotting of games on the Windows Store by PC gamers really baffles me. I struggle to find much sympathy for people with this mentality.

It's a store with bad support, bad software, bad word of mouth, and not many players / buyers on PC. It seems like an objectively terrible idea to make games exclusive to it on PC.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017

Sea of Thieves has crossplay and gamepass, which helps a lot in making a confident purchase that the game will have a good playerbase. If Halo MCC has both of those things I'd probably buy it on W10 store, confident there's going to be a decent playerbase. While there's a good chance for gamepass, crossplay is less of a given.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
"Classic" makes me think it's MCC.
What are the chances they update the MCC to add in Halo 3 Anniversary? I doubt they will just outright skip that.
Additionally, is Reach/ODST's campaign/multiplayer still missing?

Kimura

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
If you understand the history of Halo you know that PC and Halo has a salty history. I've lived through it as I was very much on Bungie.net as Halo went through all its transitions. It was one of the most hyped games of its era, being turned into a "dumbed down, no online" console exclusive arcade shooter. There has been a lot of animosity from the PC community towards Halo. For gridlocking it. For altering the concept so much. And even during it's e3 2011 showing, Halo did not impress many people.

When Halo was released, people factually said that it was the first "real" FPS that worked on consoles. And so when Halo 1 came to PC, many people reported that the control scheme and gameplay was uniquely designed for the slower reaction times of the analog controller movement. The slow gravity, the way the enemies moved in the average gameplay loop. But I did remember a lot of PC players really enjoyed Halo on PC even though it was years later. As matter of a fact, the Halo 1 PC multiplayer Demo was played by people for more than 10 years. Absolutely unbeliveable, that there was a dedicated PC Halo Demo community, that loved the community in the two demo levels.
To my knowledge it was never reported on, but you had many servers and thousands of players, more than a decade after Halos release. It speaks to Halos enduring gameplay and the passionate community that surrounded it (at that time at least).

Which begs the question; Does the mainstream PC audience want Halo PC? Because I don't have any sense of the FPS genre doing logically well. Titanfall 2 plays fucking amazing, and it's beyond me that it has abandoned. I just don't get it when other games play significantly inferior. I don't even own the title myself, but playing it for a free weekend it was just so obvious how good the game is. Halo also has a really unique and distinct multiplayer. So will PC players bite?

IMO COD is of no interest, and Battlefield hasn't come close to replicating the greatness of 1942 2002 - BF2 2005 era BF. So what the hell is going to do well on PC when it comes to Halo? I think everyone saw the potential in a much expanded forge system, and a multiplayer with way more players. I remember Bungie talking about how they where inspired by Desert_Combat and sitting 6 players in a helicopter as a feeling they'd like players to have in Halo multiplayer. But it seems they never really where able to go big on the multiplayer due to netcode infrastructure? Maybe Halo on PC could really up the stakes here. But if it's Microsoft Store, then it's sent to die I think. :(

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I mean, not to put too fine of a point on it but MCC is deader than disco. :P

Cross platform might have saved the PC version if the console version had a really good active playerbase.
343 Industries said in January that their main focus in 2018 is re-launching and "fixing" MCC. Remaking all the menus, fixing multiplayer matching, updating the game with better graphics and performance, etc. as well as we know they are putting MCC on Game Pass sometime this year.

Trust me, the playerbase won't be dead for long.

Nov 1, 2017
343 Industries said in January that their main focus in 2018 is re-launching and "fixing" MCC. Remaking all the menus, fixing multiplayer matching, updating the game with better graphics and performance, etc. as well as we know they are putting MCC on Game Pass sometime this year.

Trust me, the playerbase won't be dead for long.
Fixing the MCC is not going to fix the utter disinterest in competitive Halo as an e-sport, to say nothing of the fracture of the fanbase thanks to Halo 4. It's a nice gesture but 343 has wasted all its chances IMO.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a store with bad support, bad software, bad word of mouth, and not many players / buyers on PC. It seems like an objectively terrible idea to make games exclusive to it on PC.
It's their store though hence why they're going to to make their games exclusive to it if they want people to use their store. LOL

Green

Oct 27, 2017
MCC is coming to PC. But only after the update has been finalized and released for Xbox. Then they will work to bring it to PC. It will happen, just a matter of when. It won't be "soon". I expect a release next Fall at the earliest.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
PC players will never be happy with Halo. Even if they do make it, people will just piss and moan that is on the crappy windows store. No matter what people are just going to whine lol

my man thinks having actual valid complaints is "whining and moaning"

Gonna be a big yikes from me dawg.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's a given that it's going to be a windows store exclusive, players who have been asking for a PC version but won't play it because of the store they install it from obviously didn't particularly care very much in the first place.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Fixing the MCC is not going to fix the utter disinterest in competitive Halo as an e-sport, to say nothing of the fracture of the fanbase thanks to Halo 4. It's a nice gesture but 343 has wasted all its chances IMO.
Putting it on Game Pass will give people the chance who never played it or sold it to play it. Every multiplayer game I've played (even old ones) on Game Pass have had their MP have a very active playerbase.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
I really dont wanna keep dealing with the windows store, can you just put it on steam like you did for KI? Thanks.

The trouble ive had with SoT and others have had with Gears is yet again the culprit of having a shitty storefront.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Sea of Thieves has crossplay and gamepass, which helps a lot in making a confident purchase that the game will have a good playerbase. If Halo MCC has both of those things I'd probably buy it on W10 store, confident there's going to be a decent playerbase. While there's a good chance for gamepass, crossplay is less of a given.
Gears of War 4 has crossplay so it is kind of a given. We actually know that MCC will be on Game Pass because the Xbox official Twitter leaked it with a case of MCC in an Xbox Game Pass ad/commercial. (I think the video was pulled hours later but don't quote me on that), it's going on GP after the big update that fixes MCC happens.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
"Classic" is the keyword, because Halo 6 is already a foregone conclusion. A stable MCC port would be ideal.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I really dont wanna keep dealing with the windows store, can you just put it on steam like you did for KI? Thanks.

The trouble ive had with SoT and others have had with Gears is yet again the culprit of having a shitty storefront.
Isn't Microsoft Build (the Windows conference that gives reasons for developers to build on Windows annually) like next week or the week after? Maybe they will have information to share on a revamped store or something.

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Gears of War 4 has crossplay so it is kind of a given. We actually know that MCC will be on Game Pass because the Xbox official Twitter leaked it with a case of MCC in an Xbox Game Pass ad/commercial. (I think the video was pulled hours later but don't quote me on that), it's going on GP after the big update that fixes MCC happens.

I don't think it's a given. Gears 4 is much more movement focused than aim focused

Oct 27, 2017
Could this just be some PR guy that put some misleading words in a statement?

This seems like its almost a confirmation of MCC on PC.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crossplay game? Yeah, no shit. But if they don't put crossplay on this...well, good luck with that. Age of Empires DE showed how many people are actually willing to use the store and play online without crossplay.
The answer was: very few

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't Microsoft Build (the Windows conference that gives reasons for developers to build on Windows annually) like next week or the week after? Maybe they will have information to share on a revamped store or something.
Judging from the news I've read ahead of the Build conference there is nothing to indicate that this would be true. Most of the rumor seems to be about a new Windows 10 mobile device re-introduction which, uh, good fucking luck with that, lol.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah but that doesnt change the fact that its dead.

Short of them fixing it to perfection and making it F2P on the X1, I dont see it ever coming back.
I don't think they need to fix it to perfection. Just making it function properly would do.
It's not exactly F2P but it will be on gamepass. I seriously doubt it will have player issues.

neuq

Nov 2, 2017
probably just halo 6 pc release, what the point of silence and "hints" for MCC pc port?

severianb

Banned
Nov 9, 2017

If people want to play a game, they are going to use the Microsoft Store if they have to. I've used it a few times lately with Play Anywhere games and it's worked. It's not a great storefront, but it let me get the games I wanted.