• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
The crossplay game? Yeah, no shit. But if they don't put crossplay on this...well, good luck with that. Age of Empires DE showed how many people are actually willing to use the store and play online without crossplay.
The answer was: very few
It'll be utter stupid for 343 to not at least allow crossplay in campaign.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Judging from the news I've read ahead of the Build conference there is nothing to indicate that this would be true. Most of the rumor seems to be about a new Windows 10 mobile device re-introduction which, uh, good fucking luck with that, lol.
It's two keynotes/conferences (Windows conference and Cloud/AI conference) and they're each two hours long. A new mobile device would only take 15 minutes of one of them.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
MCC is the more likely one considering they're doing so much work on fixing MCC and it's been their focus all year. That and that it's coming to Game Pass this year...

I'm just not sure if 343 is willing to open that can of worms again. Years later and they're still working on it.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I'm just not sure if 343 is willing to open that can of worms again. Years later and they're still working on it.
They are willing and they even stated in January "Our main focus in 2018 is MCC." they've been giving progress updates every month.

Here's the most recent one https://www.resetera.com/threads/halo-mcc-development-update-3.36873/ including new redesigned menus, LAN, Xbox One X enhancements, HDR, multiplayer improvements and custom edition maps.

Nov 1, 2017
It's two keynotes/conferences (Windows conference and Cloud/AI conference) and they're each two hours long. A new mobile device would only take 15 minutes of one of them.
There are already slide and memo leaks related the conference so I'm not sure what to tell you here. You're literally guessing to make a point about a revamped store when there's nothing to indicate that they're going to talk about it.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
There are already slide and memo leaks related the conference so I'm not sure what to tell you here. You're literally guessing to make a point about a revamped store when there's nothing to indicate that they're going to talk about it.
It was really only being hopeful than something I thought would happen.

I haven't seen any slide or memo leaks relating to Build this year.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
The game is higher also then FM7 and TF2 when looking at most played and close to BF4. Wich has 10k peak players the last 24 hours.

Isn't it also rumored to be coming to xbox's gamepass service? That should give it a decent boost anyway.

*long story*

Does the mainstream PC audience want Halo PC? :(

The answer is yeah, probably. I kinda feel you're overthinking it, because while it's cache has definitely dropped somewhat I feel it's still a bigger AAA brand with a lot of name recognition which is probably all it takes for a casual audience..

Also I doubt it's (relatively speaking) that much extra work if there's a console version anyway.

I do think they should just give up on the W10 store exclusivity idea in general, but given MS's history I suspect they'll keep being stubborn about that.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's known the next mainline Halo comes to PC, no?

Every 1st party future release is on both Xbox and PC, so yes.

He says classic Halo experience coming to PC. Halo 6 is not classic. It's probably Master Chief Collection coming this year to PC before Halo 6 releases next year.

You don't say classic Halo experience if you mean classic Halo game. All he says is the classic Halo gameplay will be on PC in the future.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are allowed to get excited about the 10th God of War game or the 5th Uncharted game, but not followups to the Gears of War or Halo franchises. Those just get a "lol".

Got it.

Sorry, I don't think the tone I was trying to convey came across as well as I meant it too. I'm just as bored with the disingenuous dismissive posts of those core three franchises that you see everywhere as much as anyone. I can't wait for more Gears :)

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Isn't it also rumored to be coming to xbox's gamepass service? That should give it a decent boost anyway.
It's much more than a rumor at this point. Considering Xbox posted this on Twitter then deleted it.
Q7G3DJw.png

It was pretty much a video ad advertising MCC is on Game Pass which I think wasnt meant to posted for a few months.

Greywind

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Judging from the news I've read ahead of the Build conference there is nothing to indicate that this would be true. Most of the rumor seems to be about a new Windows 10 mobile device re-introduction which, uh, good fucking luck with that, lol.
And as well no news of a new store from the RS5 Insider builds. Considering RS5 are already in development and being delivered to insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. My take on the next version of Windows 10 will be a big focus on Sets and Fluent Design for explorer and other elements of Windows.

samurai1226

Dec 11, 2017
Pretty sure it will be the buggy MCC coming to the mess called W10 store, yay... As W10 store will not allow mods, I have huge doubts that it will fill the needs of a PC game like more than that horrible ~60-70°FOV of console Halo.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my man thinks having actual valid complaints is "whining and moaning"

Gonna be a big yikes from me dawg.

They probably are valid complaints. I just dont honestly think endless whining about the store on here is doing anything productive. Go leave official feedback or tweet Phil Spencer or something.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put The MCC on PC and i'll probably play it someday. Only finished the first and wasn't impressed, but i loved what i played of ODST.

Would give the series another shot on PC.

You know, i wouldn't even mind if MS just entered a partnership with ActiBlizz to put their games on Battle.net just so they could avoid Steam while opening up their audience. Since they don't care to fix their shitty Store. I know it won't happen, for obvious reasons, but there's a compromise i could get behind.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
They probably are valid complaints. I just dont honestly think endless whining about the store on here is doing anything productive. Go leave official feedback or tweet Phil Spencer or something.
Fixing the Windows Store is a bigger issue than just Phil Spencer dude. It sucks for things outside of games too.

MS is simply too stubborn to accept that their attempt at a walled garden is not successful.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
343 Industries said in January that their main focus in 2018 is re-launching and "fixing" MCC. Remaking all the menus, fixing multiplayer matching, updating the game with better graphics and performance, etc. as well as we know they are putting MCC on Game Pass sometime this year.

Trust me, the playerbase won't be dead for long.

They have been fixing it for a while now. And a lot of this chatter was heard around launch of the MCC. So you will have to pardon my cynicism. Chances are this game is going to be in the Game pass so they are starting the old "we are fixing it" machine to get people to subscribe to the gamepass.

I will be happy if they prove me wrong but I dont think they have done anything to deserve my confidence.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
And as well no news of a new store from the RS5 Insider builds. Considering RS5 are already in development and being delivered to insiders in the Skip Ahead ring. My take on the next version of Windows 10 will be a big focus on Sets and Fluent Design for explorer and other elements of Windows.
RS5 doesn't come out until October. They aren't spending 7 months on only Sets. As for RS5 already being in development, we got our first RS4 builds in like September so that isn't really worrying.

Microsoft said a couple years ago there will be two major Windows updates per year one in Spring and one in Fall. RS4 was leaked yesterday to be releasing to everyone on May 9 (so that's the Spring update).

Build has a 2 hour long conference dedicating to Windows 10 and just because you don't see features in the RS5 builds you have doesn't mean they don't have features in internal builds they're going to announce at Build and if they didn't have unannounced features for the next Windows 10 update, it would be a first for Build.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's probably talking about the MCC but it would be weird, and dumb, to not port Halo 5 too if Halo 6 is coming to PC.
We would have Halo 1-2-3-ODST-4 and... 6 ?
Nah, I'm sure they're all coming (except Reach maybe, which is a shame)

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Yeah he's probably talking about the MCC but it would be weird, and dumb, to not port Halo 5 too if Halo 6 is coming to PC.
We would have Halo 1-2-3-ODST-4 and... 6 ?
Nah, I'm sure they're all coming (except Reach maybe, which is a shame)
Who said they can't add Reach and 5 as an update? After all, ODST wasn't originally in the game.

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fixing the Windows Store is a bigger issue than just Phil Spencer dude. It sucks for things outside of games too.

MS is simply too stubborn to accept that their attempt at a walled garden is not successful.
Im sure they know their store is shit. I'd argue the users are the stubborn ones. Apparently, your choices are...

1. Use the crap store and play the games
2. Dont use the store and dont play the games
3. Buy an Xbox.

Please dont take this as me being reductionist or defending MS. They deserve all the shit they get, all the complaints must be made for a reaosn. Im sure the store is shit since I've been hearing it for years. Its been crap since GFWL, clealry its not going to change any time soon. You have the choice to just move on and accept that if their Store is too far a step for you, you're not going to play their games.

Do I think this is fair or even right? Hell nah. But its the reality here apparently.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
MCC is coming to PC...they've all but said it repeated times since late last year
No, they don't. All they are saying is "we hear the feedback".

WILL MCC EVER COME TO PC?
We know this is something many people have been asking and wanting for years now. Currently our priority is updating and improving MCC for Xbox and there's still plenty of work to be done on that front. While we have no official plans to announce at this time, we've heard you loud and clear.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-development-update-2

Last edited:

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
PC players are (mostly rightfully) picky about their ports. Halo 5 Forge received a lot of complaints about mouse controls, lack of FOV slider, performance issues, etc.

I assume/hope they are taking their time to get things right before making announcements.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Put The MCC on PC and i'll probably play it someday. Only finished the first and wasn't impressed, but i loved what i played of ODST.

Would give the series another shot on PC.

You know, i wouldn't even mind if MS just entered a partnership with ActiBlizz to put their games on Battle.net just so they could avoid Steam while opening up their audience. Since they don't care to fix their shitty Store. I know it won't happen, for obvious reasons, but there's a compromise i could get behind.

Microsoft isnt putting their products on w10 store because they dont like steam and want to avoid it at all costs. Microsoft wants you to use and be part of their ecossystem above all. so no, they wont partner up with origin or actiblizz or gog just to spite steam.

If you dont think the offer is suitable for you, fair enough - but its better to ask for them to improve their own store than complain and demand all their games on steam. that wont happen, easier for microsoft just to give up from PC gaming altogether (which i know many pc gamers want to happen, but wont help you play halo on pc any better)

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
my man thinks having actual valid complaints is "whining and moaning"

Gonna be a big yikes from me dawg.

I think it's more about seeing one catch-all reaction applied to every title from the publisher clogging up those discussions. I think people who've used the service understand the issues are real though.

But (for example) if someone didn't like something about the billing on a service, interrupting game-specific threads to balk at the billing issue is off-topic. Often, it's a one-off statement from someone not actually interested in the thread subject. Recipe for derailing, more or less.

Fahzzy

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2018
It's also important to note that the quote says "official classic", meaning one of the classics. Not a spin off, not Halo Online, not a new title...just old Halo. Which is AWESOME!

Halo 6 will probably be even further from classic Halo than Halo 5 was...

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Microsoft isnt putting their products on w10 store because they dont like steam and want to avoid it at all costs. Microsoft wants you to use and be part of their ecossystem above all. so no, they wont partner up with origin or actiblizz or gog just to spite steam.

If you dont think the offer is suitable for you, fair enough - but its better to ask for them to improve their own store than complain and demand all their games on steam. that wont happen, easier for microsoft just to give up from PC gaming altogether (which i know many pc gamers want to happen, but wont help you play halo on pc any better)
Microsoft has given up on PC gaming before if you remember them dropping GFWL and everyone complained that Microsoft doesn't care about PC gamers and are forcing them to buy an Xbox when they already own Microsoft's OS.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Some day, we'll have Halo on Windows. It will probably be a lackluster port with a DOA playerbase because they don't want cross play between people with different control schemes, however. Monkey's Paw and all that.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put MCC on PC and they can take my money whatever the price. If it cost £60 then not a problem.

I need Halo 1-5 + 6 on PC.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
If they release the MCC collection I'll insta buy it. I LOVE ElDewrito

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Rychu Sure build is coming but don't expect a big revamp, there haven't been any hints to that. Most of what they will talk about in regards to Windows is some new features and how they can connect to mobile and bringing experiences back to Windows. You'll see a big focus on Progressive Web Apps as well. You'll see sets obviously, but how it deals with mobile.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Rychu Sure build is coming but don't expect a big revamp, there haven't been any hints to that. Most of what they will talk about in regards to Windows is some new features and how they can connect to mobile and bringing experiences back to Windows. You'll see a big focus on Progressive Web Apps as well. You'll see sets obviously, but how it deals with mobile.
It wasn't exactly an expectation. Just hopes and dreams. You'll also probably see that Windows 10 Lean OS thing that leaked yesterday.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Wishlist for PC MCC:
- FOV slider
- Optional crossplay
- Be a working product and not broken crap

That's it
Oh and dedicated servers but that won't happen