• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

limshowron

Banned for multiple alt accounts
Banned
Apr 17, 2018
This is more like bringing Halo online to PC and spin offs.theres a reason Halo is there only big franchise not on Pc.

By knowing people on pc want Halo they can leverage that to sell more Xbox ones by throwing spin offs and the like on pc.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft isnt putting their products on w10 store because they dont like steam and want to avoid it at all costs. Microsoft wants you to use and be part of their ecossystem above all. so no, they wont partner up with origin or actiblizz or gog just to spite steam.

If you dont think the offer is suitable for you, fair enough - but its better to ask for them to improve their own store than complain and demand all their games on steam. that wont happen, easier for microsoft just to give up from PC gaming altogether (which i know many pc gamers want to happen, but wont help you play halo on pc any better)

This is all fairly obvious and i said as much on my post. I know why MS has its own store and why they don't put their stuff elsewhere. I'm not talking about spite towards Steam, but more of a business decision. What baffles me is how they fail to fix their Store despite incessant criticism and what seem to be extremely poor results, as far as we know.

And if MS is serious about having a presence on PC, i don't see how quitting it altogether would be better than maintaining a presence through one or several third party stores.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
With the MCC getting patched, this is all but assured. I'm betting good money on Halo 5 being included, as well.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Sounds like mcc is coming to pc, wonder if they will add it to gamepass and play anywhere.
Q7G3DJw.png

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure they know their store is shit. I'd argue the users are the stubborn ones. Apparently, your choices are...

1. Use the crap store and play the games
2. Dont use the store and dont play the games
3. Buy an Xbox.

Please dont take this as me being reductionist or defending MS. They deserve all the shit they get, all the complaints must be made for a reaosn. Im sure the store is shit since I've been hearing it for years. Its been crap since GFWL, clealry its not going to change any time soon. You have the choice to just move on and accept that if their Store is too far a step for you, you're not going to play their games.

Do I think this is fair or even right? Hell nah. But its the reality here apparently.

Honestly I always got the impression the actual gaming people there always knew their store/GFWL were pretty shit, because everyone could see that. I think the problem is most likely that the people ultimately making those decision were money-men higher up the chain.

Oct 25, 2017
I know this has no basis in reality and is just me being frustrated, but I am honestly expecting the next mainline Halo game to be Xbox exclusive. It just wouldn't surprise me.
They didn't go through the effort of: Porting the entire Halo 5 engine to PC and releases the Multiplayer for free, creating a W10 launcher specifically for Halo games, go back and re-invest time and money into MCC to bring it up to snuff for a PC release, and commit to their future first party games launching on game pass as well as push Play-Anywhere ... all to not release the game on PC.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I know this has no basis in reality and is just me being frustrated, but I am honestly expecting the next mainline Halo game to be Xbox exclusive. It just wouldn't surprise me.

Phil Spencer (PCGamer):
So why no Halo 5 on PC? Spencer says that Microsoft and 343 Industries are looking to the future. "Honestly the answer with Halo 5 is, I can go take last year's game, rework it to go on PC, or I can have 343 look forward in what they're going to go do," said Spencer. "You could say I'm cheating a little bit by doing a half thing with putting Forge on PC, because we kind of have the tools working on PC to see what happens, but this is what we did with Forza, with Apex. I said, 'This isn't a full Forza game. Going forward, we're going to bring our Forza games to PC complete.'"

He basically says Halo 5 isn't on PC because they're going to go forward and make future Halo titles for PC and says that what they did with releasing Halo 5: Forge on PC is the same as they did with Forza Apex (where after Apex released all future Forza games came to PC).

36 Chambers

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I always got the impression the actual gaming people there always knew their store/GFWL were pretty shit, because everyone could see that. I think the problem is most likely that the people ultimately making those decision were money-men higher up the chain.
I guess the better question is, will that ever change? They can trot out the same old "We care about PC" shit, but the years have proven that may not be true.

Im not a PC guy so I dont even know how to fix it. Start from scratch?

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Some day, we'll have Halo on Windows. It will probably be a lackluster port with a DOA playerbase because they don't want cross play between people with different control schemes, however. Monkey's Paw and all that.

343 added Halo Wars 2 crossplay playlists between PC and XB1 so I can't see a (design) reason why the FPS games wouldn't get it too.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
343 added Halo Wars 2 crossplay playlists between PC and XB1 so I can't see a (design) reason why the FPS games wouldn't get it too.
This. I don't see why people are so close-minded on cross-play. When you make it opt-in there are no downsides. They can take it a step further and make it like Fortnite where partying with a higher tier platform forces you into the higher platforms match making pool.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't go through the effort of: Porting the entire Halo 5 engine to PC and releases the Multiplayer for free, creating a W10 launcher specifically for Halo games, go back and re-invest time and money into MCC to bring it up to snuff for a PC release, and commit to their future first party games launching on game pass as well as push Play-Anywhere ... all to not release the game on PC.
The apps were added to the Windows store nearly two years ago, and haven't been touched in a long time. They're getting the MCC up to snuff for Xbox right now, and I doubt the lipservice they put out will amount to anything.
Like I said, I'm just frustrated. Like, you would think they wouldn't put out so much talk over putting their games on PC going forward, just to leave the store they're all on in such a broken state for so long, or to let their studios put out games that don't have proper multicore support. Bah.

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
We have stated a number of times that our future games (starting with Halo Wars 2 and Halo Wars 1 on Steam) will be coming for Xbox and PC. So if there was a "Halo 6" it would by that logic come to PC.
Is there a possibility of having Halo:CE, the version that Gearbox previously ported, put on GoG as a sign of good faith?

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder how Halo would even work on PC given how much its gameplay is tuned towards the limitations of gamepads.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When MCC ends up releasing on PC without an FoV slider, Phil will have to revise his statement to exclude the bit where they partner with the ElDewrito team.

Halo 5 doesn't really make much of a difference on PC. That game already runs at 60FPS + 4k on Xbox One X.
lol, settling for 60fps and like 60 FoV in a first-person shooter without mouse and keyboard.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I have so much respect for Stinkles for coming into these Halo threads when he knows so much more and knows wich stuff is true and wich is false.
I would have accidentally spilled the beans many times haha.