• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I suspect the first thing to happen will be they raise first party game prices to $70. Guess we'll see with Redfall. It would also increase the value proposition of Game Pass.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Probably when key Xbox Game Studio titles finally release like Starfield and/or post Acti/Blizz deal going through.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like there's been an inevitable feeling that GamePass Ultimate will go up in price within the next few years lol. especially as they start to buy more for it

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Ultimate at $20 is still a good deal if they keep up with the quality and quantity of games they keep adding.

AArouet

Dec 25, 2020
Hopefully the gold conversion thing will still work with game pass. Got three years for a really good price

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
That's a rather sharp shift in rhetoric, kind of sounds like this may happen sooner rather than later given the specific mention of holiday.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
That "at some point" refers to when the Activision Blizzard acquisition goes through and all the CODs are put on Gamepass?

logash

Oct 27, 2017
$70 games are inevitable of course. Gamepass definitely going up too as all subs do. Consoles I'm not so sure. We will have to wait and see

Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to happen. No one should've believed it wouldn't. That was always the goal with getting ppl into ecosystem.

My guess is GPU is $17.99 or $19.99 by end of the next year or game pass regular goes away.x only Ultimate for $15.99 or $17.99

Then Series S for $349.99 or $399.99 with 1TB, Series X for $549.99.

Absolutely no way first party next gen games like fable, perfect dark, etc aren't $69.99

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Moving to $70 makes sense for them I guess since their games do decent numbers on Steam, even more so with Starfield on the horizon.

I don't really expect a Game Pass price increase anytime soon but who knows.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
With MS Rewards, Game Pass more than pays for itself. I don't really think this will change. So this hardly raises an eyebrow for me. But this is still a bit of a surprising rhetorical change. Companies usually don't announce this for a speculative point of time in the future so I'm surprised Spencer phrased it this way.

I can't see Xbox raise hardware prices though.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I always expected Game Pass prices to go up because we're still in the phase of establishing a user base but once that hits a critical point, the prices would go up so Microsoft can finally start making (more) revenue. I guess we'll see if they increase the price of the consoles.

Tomacco

Oct 27, 2017
This just sounds like he's trying to get ahead of whenever they do raise prices be it in a year, or two, or more having people saying "M$ Lied!!!"

No matter what, some still will

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up Phil. Time to load up on cheap GPU cards this holiday season.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
console prices probably will go up when the streaming thing is ready to have a lower price entry ready to go alongside S and X

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Predictions:

$70 first-party games

$15/month Game Pass

$20/month Game Pass Ultimate

No change to Xbox online play prices if you don't want game pass, or it goes away entirely and you're forced to have a Game Pass subscrip.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was always going to happen. No one should've believed it wouldn't. That was always the goal with getting ppl into ecosystem.

My guess is GPU is $17.99 or $19.99 by end of the next year or game pass regular goes away.x only Ultimate for $15.99 or $17.99

Absolutely no way first party next gen games like fable, perfect dark, etc aren't $69.99
Series S isnt increasing in price when it's constantly going on sale. X could though

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the wave of "I told you so" when Gamepass, like virtually everything under the sun, goes up in price a lil noir.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I mean if they increases games cost to 70$ it would be still great for Gamepass, people would sub more because they won't be willing to pay full price

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I dont think they will increase the console's precies (they have even offered discounts for Series S) but GamePass and games will most likely have a price increase.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I guess it was illegal after all.

I just hope they keep the Gold conversion method open for a while. Preferably through at least May 9th 2023.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

$19.99 would be a 33% price increase and the soon to be widespread family plan is $25. Don't think itll increase that soon. Maybe a dollar in over a year from now.

Series S wont increase as we are seeing price sales. Artificially increasing the price by cutting a 512GB model for a 1 TB model defeats the purpose of a low cost entry point. They would be competiting directly against a $399 digital Ps5. Terrible move.

Series X getting a price bump is possible but I still dont see it especially not soon unless they come with a bigger drive or new form factor.

Next wave of games like Starfield may be $70 yeah for sure. But with game pass… its hard to care too much for me.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I am locked in until april 2025. I am fine for a while. And its cost me a price of two games lol

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait for the wave of "I told you so" when Gamepass, like virtually everything under the sun, goes up in price a lil noir.

I mean, the "I told you so" wave would be warranted considering how many fanboys were willing to die on a hill that it would never go up in price.

TaKeRx

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be okay with it. GP has already saved me so much money that I wouldn't mind a small hike...

Aurora

Jul 22, 2018
Lemuria
I suspect the first thing to happen will be they raise first party game prices to $70. Guess we'll see with Redfall. It would also increase the value proposition of Game Pass.

Do we have any idea if 2024's COD is skipping a PS4/XB1 release? That might signify a real shift if they continue the strategy of charging $70 for the PS5/Xbox Series versions (and the lack of a free upgrade path for last generation may not matter four years into the console gen?)