• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Update:

The interview is now uploaded:

Streaming options:

Giant Bomb website
https://www.giantbomb.com/chat/

YouTube

Mixer

Twitch
www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

It's always an interesting talk between Phil Spencer and Jeff Gerstmann during E3, so just thought I'd create this thread as a heads up for everyone since I've seen a lot of people coming into the Giant Bomb thread to ask about it.

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
let's go

2759735-9692302693-T18IA.gif

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
This is can't miss TV right here. An annual tradition for Jeff as well as for me to watch.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Interested to see if he will actually provide some new information.
I like Phil quite a bit but lately he has been saying alot without actually saying much.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I hope he really pushes him on what's going on with Xbox BC. Is it "over" over or is it just on pause? Were there titles they wanted to get to but couldn't before the freeze or is that it?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeesssss!

Love the candid nature of these yearly interviews, we always get some juicy info.

But how can such a jaded man / website interview Spencer? How?

They're mates. And Phil is head of Xbox/MS exec, that's a big coup for the site.

May 25, 2019
London
Interested to see if he will actually provide some new information.
I like Phil quite a bit but lately he has been saying alot without actually saying much.

I'm gonna spoil tonight for you, he's not going to drop an xCloud date or price or Scarlett specifics on a Giant Bomb livestream.

These interviews are more for you to see where executives' head space is at and to get a feeling for their priorities.

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hope he asks about Fable again. He'll give some non-answer but it's always funny to see how they dodge the question when everyone knows it exists.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Oh yes, Jeff doesn't go easy :P This is going to be another fun interview lol

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna spoil tonight for you, he's not going to drop an xCloud date or price or Scarlett specifics on a Giant Bomb livestream.

These interviews are more for you to see where executives' head space is at and to get a feeling for their priorities.
while you wont get that, the last 2 years have had real news come out of it, so I dont know what to expect.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another thread of Phil.

Cool.
More to come after he drops a few bombs in the interview.

Last year he told us about Gamepass increasing sales of Sea of Thieves, more acquisitions. Hoping we get some juicy nuggets regarding Halo + Japanese resource.

Last edited:

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
The GB Late Nite's are incredible content on a lot of different fronts.

It's mostly goofy but with interesting questions in a nice and non-bullshitty atmosphere, which I'll take over standard garbage interviews any day of the week.

But their interviews with Phil Spencer for years now have been outstanding on a whole different level.

People obviously shouldn't expect any bombshell announcements or anything, but it's always an interesting read on the industry as far as MS in concerned, or at least that's what it feels like to me.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's mostly goofy but with interesting questions in a nice and non-bullshitty atmosphere, which I'll take over standard garbage interviews any day of the week.
I fucking hate, hate, hate the stage show interviews during these conferences. They are all PR bullshit and it is insufferable.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017

But their interviews with Phil Spencer for years now have been outstanding on a whole different level.

People obviously shouldn't expect any bombshell announcements or anything, but it's always an interesting read on the industry as far as MS in concerned, or at least that's what it feels like to me.
I'm genuinely curious. I see this interview every year. Does Giant bomb ever interview anyone high exec from nintendo or Sony. Someone like Bowser or Andrew House or Jim Ryan etc. Maybe I'm just missing it.