• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
I fucking hate, hate, hate the stage show interviews during these conferences. They are all PR bullshit and it is insufferable.

Absolutely, I had to stop watching most of those shows.

I get that they don't want to scare away the hand that feeds them, but those super fucking empty nothing questions with precanned PR answers are just not for me.

So yeah, hence GB has been one of my highlights for E3s past and hopefully for a while to come. Their couch is consistently entertaining or informative, or both.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely curious. I see this interview every year. Does Giant bomb ever interview anyone high exec from nintendo or Sony. Someone like Bowser or Andrew House or Jim Ryan etc. Maybe I'm just missing it.
They had Shu on years ago during the PS4 reveal years. Mainly it is developers from AAA to individual. Cowboy from Naughty Dog is always one of my favorites when he is on the couch.

OldeManWinter

Oct 27, 2017
Flyover Country
source.gif

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I love these each time they do it. I could listen to Jeff and Phil Spencer talk for hours and hours.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely curious. I see this interview every year. Does Giant bomb ever interview anyone high exec from nintendo or Sony. Someone like Bowser or Andrew House or Jim Ryan etc. Maybe I'm just missing it.

I feel like I've seen them do it in the past but it's never been as interesting as the ones with Phil Spencer.

Oct 25, 2017
The Xbox One is easily my least favorite console I've ever owned. I sold it off last year, but I absolutely adore Phil and his philosophy on gaming. It's like the western counterpart to Iwata's way of thinking. I'm genuinely interested in whatever they do next gen once his long-term groundwork has fully come to fruition.

Plus, my 20-year dream of Banjo in Smash would have never happened under Doofbag Mattrick, so Phil has earned my eternal respect no matter what the future of Xbox is.

Very excited to watch the interview!

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
The Xbox One is easily my least favorite console I've ever owned. I sold it off last year, but I absolutely adore Phil and his philosophy on gaming. It's like the western counterpart to Iwata's way of thinking. I'm genuinely interested in whatever they do next gen once his long-term groundwork has fully come to fruition.

Plus, my 20-year dream of Banjo in Smash would have never happened under Doofbag Mattrick, so Phil has earned my eternal respect no matter what the future of Xbox is.

Very excited to watch the interview!
while I agreee, I will take a xbox controler over ps4 controler though. I distest stick layouts, so long as ms keeps making good controlers I am happy.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Interview starts in about 15 minutes.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's the only one who has the balls to actually sit down and be human.

Good luck getting somone like Shawn Layden or Reggie. I could see Bowser actually doing it.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When do higher ups at PlayStation and Nintendo ever do long form interviews that are not just the standard PR Q&A?

Gotta give Phil credit for putting himself out there. The closest thing I can think of is Jim Ryan's recuring interviews with that one reporter from the Metro UK. And that guy has said so much dumb stuff over the years I would guess Sony are locking him down now that he has been promoted.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't owned an Xbox since the original.... and I think Jeff interviewing Phil is one of my favorite things each E3.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't own an XBox but I think Phil is one of the best things to happen to this industry.

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
I have yet seen anyone from the other two be as candid as Phil. I like Shu but he's been very quiet as well the past few years.
If by Candid you mean full of BS then sure. All of the execs..the Cult of Phil is bizarre. Phil says a lot of BS like the Pro and X having doing things differently with CBR (Turned out total BS), not competing with each other.... None of these execs are your friends.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If by Candid you mean full of BS then sure. All of the execs..the Cult of Phil is bizarre. Phil says a lot of BS like the Pro and X having doing things differently with CBR (Turned out total BS), not competing with each other.... None of these execs are your friends.

You're the prime person he's talking about. The old guard whose all about winning in oder to push the competitor down.

Jeff asks logical questions and is not shy to question things. This is where the other I think have issues with, they do not want to answer any hard questions if they don't make them look good.

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
You're the prime person he's talking about. The old guard whose all about winning in oder to push the competitor down.

Jeff asks logical questions and is not shy to question things. This is where the other I think have issues with, they do not want to answer any hard questions if they don't make them look good.
LOL what?

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
"Companies people trust".
"Respect your purchase".

I'm getting the feeling he's indirectly talking about Stadia

Btw they really need a chalkboard back in the background next year. It's just not the same without it

dotyoureyes

Alt Account
Jun 11, 2019
Listen to yourself. "He's full of sit." Just on and on with the negative rhetoric. He's sitting there, nobody else is.

Other execs have done things like this before...good lord. You are taking this way too seriously bro. Jack Trenton did quite a few. Shu was on Kinda funny for an hour....

Phil is a corporate talking head he is no better then any one else...

Shu is not down to earth? What?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Splinter Cell callout with an immediate crushing of hopes and dreams of fans for a new game right behind it :D

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Other execs have done things like this before...good lord. You are taking this way too seriously bro. Jack Trenton did quite a few. Shu was on Kinda funny for an hour.
Jack was awesome, where is Shawn? Where was Reggie?

Listen to him, he's even slamming Too Human, he even said he's a hypocrite because not all 1st party are BC. Candid, do you even know what that means?

Phil is down to earth as fuck

Yes he is yet here we go again, already we have people wanting to go after him. "He's full of BS, he's just a PR guy...."