• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the Bethesda Roundtable.

Phil Spencer: "I listen to the podcasts and all the questions, so I'm gonna try to be as clear as I can, because that's what I, I just think it's fair. So obviously I can't sit here and say every Bethesda game is exclusive, because we know that's not true. There's contractual obligations that we're going to see through as we always do in every one of these instances. We have games that exist on other platforms, and we're going to go support those games on the platforms they're on. There's communities of players. We love those communities and we'll continue to invest in them. And even in the future, there might be things that have either contractual things or legacy on different platforms that we'll go do. But if you're an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists, and that's our goal. That's why we're doing this. That's the root of this partnership that we're building, and the creative capability we will be able to bring to market for our Xbox customers is going to be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."

There it is.

EDIT: One more -

Parris' prediction was that ongoing online games would continue to be supported, and games already on-contract with another platform holder would still come out, but all new and upcoming Bethesda games would be exclusive to Xbox / Game Pass.

Last edited:

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
But is it really clear???!! I need to know!

All jokes aside, yes this is what the monday blogpost implied as well. If you expect these games on PS5, you're setting yourself up for massive disappointment.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Also clarified that existing games/communities (I imagine titles like Fallout 76/ESO but he didn't specifically name them) and contractual obligations will be supported/honored.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Yeah ESO etc. will still be supported, contracts will be honored - but everything else exclusive to PC/Xbox (GP platforms)

Oct 27, 2017
Existing contracts will remain (Deathloop, Ghostwire, etc), but games after that will be exclusive to wherever Game Pass is available.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
And there's the definitive answer. Still don't get why they didn't just word it that way on that Xbox Wire post.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I sold my series s and don't like pc gaming so I guess no more Bethesda games for me

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Damn, I am going to have to get a next gen Xbox and PS5. This will hurt my wallet.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
Leaves the door open for game pass to come to switch and ps5 I guess. I don't think it'll ever happen in Sony's case, though. Switch? Who knows, maybe.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Also clarified that existing games/communities (I imagine titles like Fallout 76/ESO but he didn't specifically name them) and contractual obligations will be supported/honored.
And the odd case of legacy on other platforms.

It is likely at a minimum New IP are exclusive beyond Ghostwire (Jim Ryan said they have no contract for Starfield iirc). And 90% likely the majority of IP are exclusive too.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Someone is going to read this and still believe that Starfield and ES6 are coming to PS5.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
As most people expected. Sorry to those still holding out hope that the games were still coming to PS.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Well..better be after spending 7.5 billion.

Starfield bundled with Series X can do really good assuming the game is also good.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
This also confirms that GP probably means more to them than selling Xbox consoles. Probably means more than anything else right now (for Xbox, not necessarily for MS).

Honestly though, if anyone thought it would be anything else than this is dreaming.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I believe they also mentioned legacy of previous released titles though. Which seems to complicate it for titles like Wolfenstein, or even Elder Scrolls.

Although, I imagine Xbox will want Elder Scrolls exclusive for the attention and marketability that will present.

EDIT: I may have misheard it.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Games that have current contracts will be honored. I also think games like ESO will continue on other platforms. But Phil seemed pretty clear...you want Bethesda games in the future, you will get them on devices that have Game Pass.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yup, that was pretty damn clear in what their plans are. Everything but liveservice games that are already released (ESO) and contractual obligations (Deathloop, Ghost Tokyo and maybe Indiana Jones) will be exclusive

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
This was very obvious from both Phil and Satyas Xbox Game Pass and Xbox ecosystem verbiage we've have for months now. Yet, people were still in denial. It's baffling, to say the least.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
and if you're not, fuck you!

EDIT: This post is intended to be tongue-in-cheek at the fact that this had to be so directly stated when it was obvious from the onset.

Last edited:

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Fallout 76 updates, TESO updates, Deathloop, Ghostwire Tokyo, and maybeeeeee Indiana Jones. The rest is Xbox/PC/xCloud.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at how soon into the video they tackled that. Literally called it out straight away.

Said that obviously there are games that currently exist on other platforms that they'll continue to support (so ESO/76 etc) and other games that have contractual reasons for coming to other platforms etc (Deathloop, Ghostwire) but...."

Deal is about bringing exclusive games to platforms where Game Pass exists.