• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you're proud of this event your bar it's really, really, reaaaaaaally low.

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Soooo...what was there to be proud of in terms of japanese games?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not trusting this guy ever again.

Seriously what the hell

DQXI
PSO2 expansion
and that SE game

that's it..?
XI was a nice surprise....but yeah kinda ridiculous.

Sony still has a chokehold on jp devs when you consider that SE, Capcom and co. had new next-gen IPs to unveil.
Probably not much MS/Phil can do.

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If you want Japanese games, don't buy an xbox.
It's always been that way, and it will continue being that way.
Sony/Nintendo is the way to go for Japanese game development.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was massively disappointing. To think Sony's PS5 show Japanese games lineup was disappointing and yet still better than what we saw today.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Told y'all. This same line is trotted out every year and the results are always underwhelming. Xbox and Japanese titles are like fire and water.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
XI is nice and being on gamepass is cool.

but let's be honest, we all wanted lost odyssey 2 here lol

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
There was a better Japanese showing in the pre show then the actual conference. A good amount of people probably missed those announcements.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
XI was a nice surprise....but yeah kinda ridiculous.

Sony still has a chokehold on jp devs when you consider that SE, Capcom and co. had new next-gen IPs to unveil.
Probably not much MS/Phil can do.

I think he could not oversell the Japanese presence. He's done that quite a few times.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I like the event overall but this was the most disappointing part for me, a severe lack of megaton jp stuff. Where is Elden Ring, P4 and 5R, and the rest of the yakuza stuff. FF16?

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What are you all talking about!?Balan Wonderland... Balan Wonderworld looks great, sadly few will get to play it if it doesn't come to Switch/PS

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
What are you all talking about! Balan Wonderland... Balan Wonderworld looked great! Sadly few will get to play it if it doesn't come to Switch/PS

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
although Phantasy Star Online 2 expansion was dope... where is that "the best is yet to come" meme? lol

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I think your expectations were way out of wack. We saw some great Japanese games. What exactly did you want?

What? I watched the whole event and only saw PSO2 and Tetris Effect, and while PSO2 is still a big deal itself, both of those games are already out. I don't see anything from Japanese devs here that was to be "proud of."

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
i feel kinda good about the showing for JP publishers... it could have been much worse lol im happy PSO has a home with xbox thats being encouraged

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I think he could not oversell the Japanese presence. He's done that quite a few times.
Def. more of a fake it till you make it approach when it comes to these topics from him lol.

But GamePass has improved the situation for them in terms of older games and re-releases. But for newer stuff JP 3rdPartys are gonna stay with the safe bet and Playstation.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I always though there were 2 ways to read his statement:

- He was proud of how much JP content there was in it
- He was proud of what he will show regardless of how little JP content there was

In the end, it seems he meant the latter, rather than the former.