• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
17 minute podcast about their conference that they released today.

SUMMARY​

• Phil Spencer won't be on stage as much this year because it's about the games and letting the games talk for themselves
  • More games than they've ever had on their stage in Microsoft's E3 history at the briefing
  • Phil Spencer thought that Stadia presentation was great, says people need to stop thinking of game companies as "needs to win and take down the other", they're competitors but they root for each other​
  • Phil Spencer says we are seeing a shift in the games industry, notes that E3 is different this year because Netflix, Amazon and Google are all at E3 this year. He also says he thinks E3 is more focused on consumers and fans instead of press or retail in the digital era.​
  • Microsoft thinks E3 is important to see the fan reactions to all of the announcements, no plans to stop doing E3.
  • xCloud is confirmed in the show and is releasing this year, will get feedback from customers to make it better. Microsoft thinks it's the future. Phil says it's very important that people understand that xCloud's mission isn't to replace PC, console or phone. It's about choice to play games whatever way you want to play.
  • 14 first-party games is a minimum and isn't the maximum of first-party games you will see, however he tweeted that there would be 14 because he didn't want people to start saying things like "how many studios do they have and how many partnerships do they have and how many of those games are new, what counts as a first party game", etc. He says "let's just say we have a lot of first party studio representation at E3 this year and a lot of games to show."
  • Microsoft doesn't know how long the show will be, they still have two more rehearsals left and they're trying to get the show down to 90 minutes which is their "sweet spot", but it might run longer. Phil Spencer says that they know gamers don't want to see him or anyone else talking for long periods of time and that will help a lot in bringing down the runtime of their show tomorrow.
There's more interesting stuff in the podcast including how Phil played Crackdown from Africa and how they've been investigating solar panel gaming with xCloud later down the line.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Well they have a great conference format and at least acknowledge all of the talking is boring.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Announce Project Scarlett, Anaconda TFlops target. Make no mention of Lockhart, drop it internally.

Talk about the inexpensive streaming console.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
14 first-party games is a minimum and isn't the maximum of first-party games you will see, however he tweeted that there would be 14 because he didn't want people to start saying things like "how many studios do they have and how many partnerships do they have and how many of those games are new, what counts as a first party game", etc. He says "let's just say we have a lot of first party studio representation at E3 this year and a lot of games to show."

say what

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Did they ever confirm their next gen console will be there this year?

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm most excited to learn more about xCloud. That service is going to be a big factor in where I wind up next gen.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did he happen to say if he is going to wait more than 24 seconds after being announced to begin speaking on stage?

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bullshit. I love seeing my boy up on stage biting his lips at the applause. Big mistake IMO

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm intrigued! This is going to be the first time Microsoft does a trailer-after-trailer E3, and I am excited! I really hope the majority of those 14 games are AA or AAA. However, we all know that if they make Tetris, they will count it as one.

I am also very interested in third party games, because since there is no Sony conference, I guess everyone could assume that they will be at Microsoft conference? Square Enix, however, where will they announce their games? Will they have them at Microsoft and then repeat at their conference? Is FF7R still coming to PlayStation first?

Of course, if they close with next-gen info it will be amazing.

Microsoft has every door open to have an excellent E3!

What games are confirmed as first party already (or somewhat obvious)?

P.S. If they announce proper Banjo Kazooie, I will definitely buy the next Xbox!

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
XCloud releasing this year? That's huge. I thought it was public trials this year, and releasing next year

14 not being all the first party is awesome too

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also, did he mention if anyone will speak the word "Nintendo" during the E3 press conference?

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Here's hoping they don't zoom out to the crowd when someone's face people have waited 11 years to see shows up...

Hyped for tomorrow though

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
this all sounds amazing. Some people might say that Phil hasn't really delivered anything yet and from where I stand I think Xbox has been continuously moving in the right direction. It wasn't exactly the easiest job to take over, but I think he is doing great so far.

Now the defining part of his career as head of xbox starts where we can see the fruits of his labour the next 2-4 years are going to be very interesting, especially with Scarlet on the horizon

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Games we know will be at the briefing:
- Gears 5
- Halo Infinite
- Forza Horizon 4 (DLC)
- Bleeding Edge
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- State of Decay 2 (DLC)

- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Borderlands 3

Things we know they will talk about:
- PC Game Pass
- xCloud
- something next gen

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
They had a great conference last year, I'm extremely excited to see what they have tomorrow.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems MS will be winning E3 two years in a row. I guess kind of by default this time, but still, seems like it will be another great show.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hyped and I love the conference being packed without much chat, last year was good that way too.

Games we know will be at the briefing:
- Gears 5
- Halo Infinite
- Forza Horizon 4 (DLC)
- Bleeding Edge
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- State of Decay 2 (DLC)

- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Borderlands 3

Things we know they will talk about:
- PC Game Pass
- xCloud
- something next gen

I believe The Outer Worlds and Elden Ring will also make an appearance.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
  • 14 first-party games is a minimum and isn't the maximum of first-party games you will see, however he tweeted that there would be 14 because he didn't want people to start saying things like "how many studios do they have and how many partnerships do they have and how many of those games are new, what counts as a first party game", etc. He says "let's just say we have a lot of first party studio representation at E3 this year and a lot of games to show."
tenor.gif

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
More than 14 games for first party, on top of third party games, and they're shooting for 90 minutes? This thing is going to move at a brisk pace.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy... I love this. so hyped. Brad says there will be more acquisitions.
also this is neat. well done.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
XCloud releasing this year? That's huge. I thought it was public trials this year, and releasing next year

14 not being all the first party is awesome too

Google said they're aiming to release in November so I wouldn't be surprised if MS has decided to throw the kitchen sink at getting it out before then after Thursdays presentation.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
Really looking forward to xcloud info. I hope the release this year is for anyone to try and not just a very limited test.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
This could be the best conference of all time.

Excluding Sony 2015's dream announcements.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Also Matt Booty confirmed to make an appearance. Hold onto your butts.

Oct 27, 2017
I just hope he takes his time when he does show up. Let himself enjoy the good vibes and energy for solid 25 seconds before the beginning of his speech.