• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA

The Twitch schedule (listed as 45 minutes long) and the Xbox calendar page (listed as 2 hours) are both wrong.

Last year's was 1:43:39

Last edited:

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

Getting a lot of usage of this gif today.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
If thats mostly/all games like last year then great. If they go back to spending 10+ minutes of just talking about how great things are then not so much.

Oct 25, 2017

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Wait what? Why does 100 minutes mean the conference is padded? Could just mean that they have a lot to say/show

Have you seen their last few conferences? It's always padded a lot. I don't think an hour and 30 minutes for E3 is really needed, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise us this year?

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
Figured it'd be the usual length or slightly longer.
Wasn't there like 43 games or something shown last year, sounds like this year will be more or less the same then.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Is that a battle royale reference?
The one minute that wins is the minute they take to quickly announce (with high pitched voices) Your Hopes and Dreams here...

NInja Gaiden II X enhanced BC

It still hasn't "hit me" that E3 is coming up so soon.
I need to get some snacks ready, like cutting up some melons into cubes and getting some popcorn and stuff.

gates2

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Two hours means 120 minutes.
The actual conference could be 81 minutes and Phil would still be telling the truth, as 81 is closer to 100 than 120 is.

My guess is around... 89 minutes in total after they finally start.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least looking forward to all of the third party stuff they'll have for the conference.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Figured it'd be the usual length or slightly longer.
Wasn't there like 43 games or something shown last year, sounds like this year will be more or less the same then.

Sure but last year they did have all the talk for the Xbox One X. I do believe we're gonna get a section on outreach for gaming with disabilities with a (probably) tear jerking presentation either in person or on video as well as whoever they're donating the Xbox FanFest proceeds to.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Man I remember falling asleep last year watching this cause it was so damn long :/

Then dragon Ball woke me up but feel asleep afterwards lol

Hope they have more Japanese games shown at the conference

asheliaX

Feb 3, 2018
The Seychelles
Crackdown 3? Halo? Forza? And scalebound? I guess they gonna padded with 3rd party games I bet... :-(
I'm guessing there'll be a lot of third party stuff, but that's not necessarily "padding". I for one love that about Microsoft's conferences. I don't own an Xbox but I always watch because I know there will be third party games that I really want to see. Cyberpunk and probably From's new game are just two for this year's show.

BDubsLegend

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
That seems like a lot of padding. No reason it can't be 35-40 minutes at most.
This this is the kind of stuff level headed people point to when they say posters on Era can be biased. This is an innocuous announcement about how long the conference will be, why is the conclusion drawn that it must be padding? Seems negative for negative sake. No Era is not a hivemind, but there are a lot of people who post stuff like this that visit this forum.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Given they don't have lots of first parties going in I think this is gonna be the conference in which most third party games will be revealed. Which is pretty cool.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crackdown 3? Halo? Forza? And scalebound? I guess they gonna padded with 3rd party games I bet... :-(
I have some bad news for you.

This this is the kind of stuff level headed people point to when they say posters on Era can be biased. This is an innocuous announcement about how long the conference will be, why is the conclusion drawn that it must be padding? Seems negative for negative sake. No Era is not a hivemind, but there are a lot of people who post stuff like this that visit this forum.
Cybersai says that sort of ignorant stuff for all platforms.

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Don't be too pessimistic. Insiders have been saying this E3 is going to be Microsoft's best E3 in years, much larger focus on first party this year and they have double the amount of studios they had last year.

gates2

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
Last year's was 103 minutes.

EDIT:

1:43:39 to be exact.

True, but that did include a new console 'reveal' as well as a car reveal.

Don't be too pessimistic. Insiders have been saying this E3 is going to be Microsoft's best E3 in years, much larger focus on first party this year and they have double the amount of studios they hadn't last year.
Could you link me to the insiders? Then I will know who to follow after sunday, ..or block ^_^

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
True, but that did include a new console 'reveal' as well as a car reveal.
They're expected to address the first party situation in detail and they have at least 4 new studios to announce going by what the insiders have been saying.

We know that the theme of this E3 conference is going to be the "future of Xbox" because they've pretty much advertised it as that.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of room for escape room action.

Edit: joking aside, I hope they have some huge announcements. They feel like a sort of wildcard to me right now.

Last edited:

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting sick of long stage shows, personally. I didn't even watch the conferences last year because I've gotten to a point where I'd rather just get to the point an hour later via a summary thread.