• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As I mentioned in the other thread: TGA going in hard this year, huh? Good stuff, I'm pretty sure Phil will drop a couple announcements (mainly Winter Of Arcade games) plus some more general talks about inclusiveness in gaming like he's done these past months. Looking forward to the show.

May 5, 2018
Papa Spencer in the house!

I'd imagine he's there for a world premiere trailer for Halo Infinite Gameplay or some kind of premiere for an XBOX title.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, not related to this but I hope they present Microsoft with an award or at least a mention for the Xbox Adaptive Controller at the show.

It feels weird to me that he's presenting an award, but I guess it shouldn't since he's just presenting it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Good get Keighley! Spencer is one of the most important and influential industry figures. And a great guy to boot!

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Very nice and very fitting presenter.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I need Phil and Reggie to dap up onstage and then joint announce Banjo in Smash and Threeie on Play Anywhere including Switch

yeah, that's my TGA fanfic

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Spencer presents very well. So does Fils-Aimé, but Phil feels like a more pertinent presenter tomorrow given the pool of games nominated.

j0hnniX

Oct 25, 2017
GA
Smart. Phil will announce the purchase of the VGAs as well.. MS domination is moving forward as planned.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft plans to address their lack of award winning studios by Phil announcing they've acquired every studio that's won an award that night.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
Has to be something big, maybe something Halo related. All I want for Christmas is Halo MCC collection on PC or Halo 5 on PC.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Phil announces award, immediately announces Microsoft has acquired studio who wins said award, Phil gives award to Phil.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think this is pretty great, he's going to be surrounded by industry figures that respect him, seems like great way to thanks them all at once for thier great work. And massive thanks again to Geoff, we finally have a moment to say thankyou to all the talent that's responsible for all this.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Has to be something big, maybe something Halo related. All I want for Christmas is Halo MCC collection on PC or Halo 5 on PC.
Has to be? These 'presenter' announcements by Geoff are for the people who will present on stage the winner of the different award categories.

Phil Spencer presented an award winner in 2015's TGA too (Ori for best art direction) and that show had no MS game announcements.

I'm guessing he's there to present FH4 as the winner of the Sports/Racing category. That's about the only possible MS related winner this year.

He can be at the show to announce something, but that is not confirmed by this presenter announcement.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I can't help but envision Phil Spencer stumbling on to the stage in a massive drunken stupor and bellowing into the mic with slurred speech "I OWN YOU! I OWN ALL OF YOU NOW!"