• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Phil Spencer has spent a bit of time on Twitter talking about upcoming xcloud features

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
The PC side is interesting on the fact that console owners could get access to games they wouldn't be able to play otherwise. Interesting times ahead.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, I've been using it a lot lately with my Razer Kishi and it's *almost* perfect. Is there any specific info on what the upgrade entails? I know the new blades are Series X internals, but could it help with connection stability? That's my only issue right now honestly, it'll be running perfect and then just take a nosedive for a second or two

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
My group used to play with someone who needed 24-48 hours notice of what game we were playing so they could download it in time. When we heard about xcloud we all figured that it would come to console really fast and offer a way to play an Xbox game immediately via cloud streaming whilst it installed locally in the background.

Obviously that didn't happen but would love to see that appear sometime in the near future. Would have saved us a lot of time and disappointment in the past.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
As someone with a terrible old pc and not likely to upgrade anytime soon PC games coming to xcloud sounds great.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
that's actually the big reason I don't use Xcloud that much. With a PC and Series X, it's kinda jarring going back to Xbox One-era hardware. Not even for increased resolution, I just want the 60fps

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
My group used to play with someone who needed 24-48 hours notice of what game we were playing so they could download it in time. When we heard about xcloud we all figured that it would come to console really fast and offer a way to play an Xbox game immediately via cloud streaming whilst it installed locally in the background.

Obviously that didn't happen but would love to see that appear sometime in the near future. Would have saved us a lot of time and disappointment in the past.
If it takes someone 48 hours to download a game. I doubt their home internet could handle streaming.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
that's actually the big reason I don't use Xcloud that much. With a PC and Series X, it's kinda jarring going back to Xbox One-era hardware. Not even for increased resolution, I just want the 60fps
Good times ahead then,

How We Helped Xbox Cloud Gaming Reach Billions of New Devices

While we would eventually bring our technology to other platforms such as Android, iOS, Smart TVs, Xbox One, and even Tesla's, it was our efforts in the browser that put us on Microsoft's radar. You see, a Microsoft engineer used Rainway Gaming for a last-minute demo of Azure's infrastructure in Africa. Our consumer product delivered 1080P @ 60 FPS gameplay to Chrome with no issues over the Azure backbone.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
If it takes someone 48 hours to download a game. I doubt their home internet could handle streaming.
If a 3G connection is good enough for streaming then I'm sure their home connection would be fine.

You've got to bear in mind that some games are over 100GB and sufficient notice includes padding for other commitments, this was back pre-COVID when folks weren't always at home.
They definitely failed to install Sea of Thieves despite being given a few hours notice, hence moving to a 24-48 hours period so they could get larger games installed too.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Awesome, I've been using it a lot lately with my Razer Kishi and it's *almost* perfect. Is there any specific info on what the upgrade entails? I know the new blades are Series X internals, but could it help with connection stability? That's my only issue right now honestly, it'll be running perfect and then just take a nosedive for a second or two

From Digital Foundry when they went to Redmond last year to see the XSX:

the Series X processor is actually capable of running four Xbox One S game sessions simultaneously on the same chip, and contains an new internal video encoder that is six times as fast as the more latent, external encoder used on current xCloud servers.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Phil and MS are king. But Sony "has" my favourite franchise ever, FF. Damn. Time to sell my GPU and get a Ps5 too.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they add the service to more regions, its whats holding these services back imo

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
PC games being streamable in the future is awesome news to me. I hope they can be streamed to either a pc or a console, too, with mouse controls and also gamepad if the game allows it.

I don't think the upgraded blades will come anytime "soon" though, seeing the nextgenstockgate we're living in. Maybe in beta for some chosen ones or something, or just for some games initially.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Bring me to this cloud future phil
b0bed08fc3f26cf9ebf6be9e5f11755c.gif

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Very excited for PC games. I would love to stream to my Surface tablet, docked, and be able to play CRPGs or RTS games that can't really run well natively on the Surface.

aevanhoe

Slayer of the Eternal Voidslurper
Aug 28, 2018

Are you saying the cloud is running Xbox One game versions? I always assumed it will be the same as on my Series X, only lower resolution and with some slight input lag.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Hopefully they add the service to more regions, its whats holding these services back imo
So far it's only these regions,

Microsoft has confirmed that cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is available in 22 countries around the world.
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • South Korea
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
By comparison to Stadia regions to maybe give an indication where else they may go next?,
  • U.S.A., including Alaska and Puerto Rico (Stadia is not available in Hawaii or Guam)
  • U.K.
  • Canada
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Belgium
  • Ireland
  • Netherlands
  • Poland (Stadia controller not available for sale here)
  • Portugal (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Czech Republic (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Slovakia (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Romania (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Hungary (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
PSN Now according to wiki (regions for PC version?)

PlayStation Now is available in Europe (including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom), North America (Canada and the United States), as well as Japan

PianoBlack

May 24, 2018
United States
Hell, I would stream majority of PC games even on my PC. That way, MS can deal with MS Store shenanigans! :)

Ha, fair point too! At least they seem to be pretty good about Steam releases these days.

It'll always be a mix for me because I Iive in a certain benighted country full of bandwidth caps, so streaming multiple GB/hour has to be an occasional thing, not my main way of gaming.

Jul 26, 2018
It's nice that a big manufacturer is pushing for cross saves. Gotta love Phil

One of the reasons we push for cross save, don't want players to have to decide which version of a Cloud game they play unless they want to. Progress needs to just move with your account, same with community.

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they continue to optimize in-home streaming as well. On the same network PS5 Remote Play just has far superior image quality than Series X Home Streaming (for me). They look reasonably close when standing still, but in motion there is just a ton of pixel blocking on the Xbox side that I don't see with Remote Play.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Ha, fair point too! At least they seem to be pretty good about Steam releases these days.

It'll always be a mix for me because I Iive in a certain benighted country full of bandwidth caps, so streaming multiple GB/hour has to be an occasional thing, not my main way of gaming.
Thankfully "for now" I have Verizon Fiber and no caps. So fingers crossed, but yeah, if I had say Comcast, streaming on random game downloading wouldn't have been for me.

Jan 4, 2018

Microsoft has confirmed that cloud gaming with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is available in 22 countries around the world.
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • South Korea
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

It's in Preview in Japan, Brazil, Australia and Mexico also.

news.xbox.com

Cloud Gaming Heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan, and Mexico November 18 - Xbox Wire

Just over a year ago we kicked off our Project xCloud Preview journey which has empowered the global gaming community to play Xbox console games in all new ways, directly from the cloud. It’s been incredible to see how Project xCloud has continued to evolve with the help and support of our...

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
I wish Sony was this transparent with PS Now. Who knows what they are doing? What's in the pipeline? Absolutely no idea.

Sony got a major headstart and are falling behind. Baffling.

Might invest in one of those controllers for your phone for xCloud.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
nice guy Phil with a jab at competition

Exactly, need to get things in motion because that is the direction they should all be heading towards.

It's in Preview in Japan, Brazil, Australia and Mexico also.

news.xbox.com

Cloud Gaming Heads to Australia, Brazil, Japan, and Mexico November 18 - Xbox Wire

Just over a year ago we kicked off our Project xCloud Preview journey which has empowered the global gaming community to play Xbox console games in all new ways, directly from the cloud. It’s been incredible to see how Project xCloud has continued to evolve with the help and support of our...

Good to hear. Obviously India and China are the two huge regions they will eventually need to tap into.

meenseen84

Feb 15, 2018
Minneapolis
I gotta think the FPS Boost that the Series X blades can do will really help games running at higher framerates and delivering a better Xcloud experience. I remember reading a lot of impressions about how 60fps feels a lot better with cloud streaming.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gotta think the FPS Boost that the Series X blades can do will really help games running at higher framerates and delivering a better Xcloud experience. I remember reading a lot of impressions about how 60fps feels a lot better with cloud streaming.
Yep. Higher frame rates inherently reduce input latency, so this should make for an even better cloud streaming experience.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I look forward to trying the upgraded version. xCloud in its current iteration is useless to me (Stuttery in a way that makes in unplayable, quite unlike Stadia's performance). Really hope it improves things.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I wonder if Ghostwire and Deathloops could launch on Xbox day 1 via Xcloud.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Good times ahead then,

How We Helped Xbox Cloud Gaming Reach Billions of New Devices

While we would eventually bring our technology to other platforms such as Android, iOS, Smart TVs, Xbox One, and even Tesla's, it was our efforts in the browser that put us on Microsoft's radar. You see, a Microsoft engineer used Rainway Gaming for a last-minute demo of Azure's infrastructure in Africa. Our consumer product delivered 1080P @ 60 FPS gameplay to Chrome with no issues over the Azure backbone.
Hard to tell how much is just puffing up their own company. But, the language is quite big. If they really solved the complicated cross-platform translations with next to no latency, that would be quite the feather in the cap. This tech would already likely be an improvement over even Beam/Mixer's low latency video tech. Interesting.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking to be a fast growing and important vertical of their console and backboard business. If the rumours of Nintendo working with Xbox is true, then it must be because of Xcloud stack, they probably want it, and know it's the strongest option.

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
i got a razer kishi over the weekend and i was messing around with xcloud. i was having trouble getting a stable connection as well, and this is with gigabit internet and a solid ASUS router.

Moonlight streaming over my phone (pc to phone) was flawless and incredible quality. there is a lot more going on with xcloud, but i just couldn't get it to work in a usable manner.

That said, the idea of xcloud is so fucking awesome. Scroll through a list of games and have one boot up in ~1 minute. no hardware to worry about, no downloads. so cool. hopefully with some more time and upgrades to the backend, the service will improve.

Z6E1Z9O

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Canada
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Spain
  • South Korea
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom
  • United States
By comparison to Stadia regions to maybe give an indication where else they may go next?,
  • U.S.A., including Alaska and Puerto Rico (Stadia is not available in Hawaii or Guam)
  • U.K.
  • Canada
  • France
  • Italy
  • Germany
  • Austria
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Denmark
  • Norway
  • Finland
  • Belgium
  • Ireland
  • Netherlands
  • Poland (Stadia controller not available for sale here)
  • Portugal (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Czech Republic (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Slovakia (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Romania (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
  • Hungary (Stadia controller itself not available for sale here)
PSN Now according to wiki (regions for PC version?)

PlayStation Now is available in Europe (including Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom), North America (Canada and the United States), as well as Japan

Those lists show why i consider it a problem, all services have operations only in the us and europe, mostly no asia, no africa, no middle east and no oceania now the only streaming service that is supported in my country is geforce now and its only supported using a 5g plan from one of the internet providers.

Hopefully we get some rapid expansion soon.