• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

drb

Oct 28, 2017
Way too late, but I use an AVR with two HDMI outputs, one going to my TV, the other to my Sync Box. The new ones are incredible with effectively zero latency; one tester found less than a nanosecond. The end result is all my media gets routed to the screen without any latency and the Sync Box still makes the Gradient Light Strip lights up the wall with beautiful colors.

View: https://imgur.com/YXCXTyS

View: https://imgur.com/td5ocZZ

Thanks for updating me still, I'll keep this in mind if I ever decide to compliment my setup with a dedicated AVR. Do you have any suggestions I can keep a lookout for? For now though, I use the PS5 to get everything working.

Samsung TVs now how hue sync app, but it is a few hundred to activate. It's a bit of a rip off since it is just an app.
So you basically pay as much as the box itself for what, to lock yourself into a single tv brand? lol.

For anyone with a hue sync box, do any of you experience it turning on by itself for seemingly no reason at all? I have to keep mine unplugged until I need to use it for this reason.

Sabre

Jul 2, 2018
Has anyone had success connecting Ikea Trådfri bulbs to a Hue system? I was buying Trådfri bulbs at first and then switched to Hue. I still have the 6 Trådfri which are now in a separate system with one Trådfri remote (I don't have the Trådfri bridge).

There seem to be guides suggesting that newer Trådfri bulbs are Zigbee compatible and can be recognized directly by the Hue Bridge if you bring them close enough. I've tried it a few times but it doesn't seem to work. I bought the Trådfri bulbs around 2020 I think.

Jul 1, 2020
For anyone with a hue sync box, do any of you experience it turning on by itself for seemingly no reason at all? I have to keep mine unplugged until I need to use it for this reason.
Mine will constantly drop sync if it's been on for a long time. I've had it turn off then not turn on again, unless I turn it on manually, in some cases where HDMI-CEC is acting up.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
My entire bathroom is Trådfri bulbs hooked up to my Hue bridge. I couldn't get them working at first but turned out I was doing the sync pattern wrong. Got there eventually with my bridge two rooms away so don't need to hold them particularly close. No issues with them since.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
we don't have bathroom control as its just functional - in/out get it done. Also the Hues (and some other brands) are often a bit oddly shaped so I don't want to spend money to find they don't fit. I think if I were to want to automate those (and possibly the kitchen) I'd probably automat the switches instead

Oct 30, 2022
London
we don't have bathroom control as its just functional - in/out get it done. Also the Hues (and some other brands) are often a bit oddly shaped so I don't want to spend money to find they don't fit. I think if I were to want to automate those (and possibly the kitchen) I'd probably automat the switches instead

Do they show up in HomeKit or only the Hue app

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do they show up in HomeKit or only the Hue app

ah I don't use homekit but I have some hue switches already in my house (automation no good if my wife can't just press a button which is fair enough) and I don't see them appearing in homekit on my phone.

There are lots of options though - eg something like a shelly behind the existing lightswitch or other brands.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
My hue bridge decided last week that its time to ignore my HomeKit connection. Im glad that I had another bridge lying around. The migration was not funny with 60 devices. Now my wife can't access our HomeKit place.

last week was fucked.

Hue was until now the most unreliable system in my network.

Jul 7, 2021
Not sure why hue limits the smart/ time based scene to just their basic scenes.

Luckily it's all api based so I could create one with my scenes that way. But just seems weird to have that limitation.

I got a few more of the color bulbs as I want to be able to extend the living room scene or to the adjacent rooms for a nice movie watching atmosphere or just to have some more natural light while I work. But the hallway light is pretty high up and I have a fear of heights.

Took me like a half hour of sweat and tears and lots of "oh my God I'm a goner!" To change the bulb,... only to realize after that I changed it to the same bulb lol! I must of taken off the bulb and after climbing down all shaky from the ladder, and sipping some water, must have picked the same bulb right up instead of the new one and put it back in.

Felt so defeated.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I can't, for the life of me, get Hue to work with Google anymore.

So I have 4 hue bulbs. All of them used to work with Google Home as well, at some time. Recently - I don't know when exactly - they just didn't anymore. Their sliders/buttons were still in the Home app, but they didn't do anything. I'm not using a Bridge, which never was a big issue except when initially synching them.
So I first deleted the bulbs from both hue and Home and tried again, with the result that it still wouldn't work.
Then, I deleted cache & data from the home app, tried again, still the search comes up with nothing.
Set them all back to factory settings, now one spot won't even connect to Hue anymore (only the remote, not the app), and none of them show up in Google still.

Can anyone help with a comprehensible step by step, or any other idea that might help? Bonus if you can also tell me how to get that missing spot back into the Hue app.

kaytra

Oct 27, 2017
So I game stream PC games to my living room TV using Moonlight and I realized I can use the phillips desktop app to sync the lights from the game to my living room lights. It's so sick!