• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgxuEV8xqEM

timestamp: 11:00

Thought this was worth a thread as there's lots of speculation about this

"The truth of it is the regulatory process took so long and there was so much uncertainty until last week, that our team hasn't had the time to work with ABK to work on the back catalogue work. But now that it has closed, there is work being done"

He also mentions the 2024 date is accurate for gamepass drops. He also confirms there is NOT any surprise drops coming anytime soon. So no ABK games this year.

He knows it's a bummer but unfortunately that is the situation and unlike what some consumers think there isn't just a switch to get these games all on gamepass.

Deleted member 158819

Sep 19, 2023
Pretty surprised. I never expected COD (especially CODs after Black Ops 3, when Sony's marketing deal started) until next November but Crash, Spyro, Diablo, etc., not being ready seems a bit silly, especially when Diablo 4 is getting a Steam release. Crash Team Rumble needs GP.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need anymore games this year anyhow, and my subscription ain't going nowhere, so that's fine albeit a shame

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
On one hand, big sadge. But on the other hand, I don't have time to play what's on GP now, so maybe it's for the best for me lol

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
That's ok. It's an interesting episode, though. Phil and the gaming leadership team are off to visit King this week and then the Activision and Blizzard studios next week to meet all the teams and hear what they have to say. He says his mailbox is already filled up with so many emails from people at ABK who want to make connections and talk plans going forward..

Last edited:

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
It's probably fine. Game pass has really had an insane run lately and there's still P5 Tactica and Like a dragon Gaiden next month lol.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Having legacy COD games hit GamePass this holiday season would have been big for them. Shame.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
Im drowning anyway, Spider-Man 2, new Mario, lies of P and the rest of my back catalogue are keeping me busy. Excited to see what comes.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I imagine there is also a little bit of risk-reward with the Justice Department/FTC still giving them problems and not just accepting things yet. It might not make sense to proceed with this element until everything is completely tied up.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
I get that they probably want parity and all that but i feel like they could just "flip the switch" so to speak and put at least some of the games on Console GP for now. I know none of them have windows store versions so PC GP will take a while but it would be a decent stopgap measure.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Do yall think Sekiro would be on Gamepass after they featured it in their trailer? If not I'll just buy it now……

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Do yall think Sekiro would be on Gamepass after they featured it in their trailer? If not I'll just buy it now……
Would not be suprised if it came eventually, activision does have publishing rights and i imagine Xbox could use it as an example to show fromsoft how well their games would do on GP

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the Xbox OT.

Crud. Oh well, I spent so long avoiding Activision games on Xbox since the deal closed, what's a couple more months? I might bite the bullet and get Crash Team Rumble though. My PS4 is currently put away (the console I originally bought it on) and I'm getting the itch to jump back in and have some fun.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
That sucks, but oh well. It makes sense when you consider how the Bethesda rollout went but I was still hoping for some stuff to be able to come pretty quickly

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
"unlike what some consumers think there isn't just a switch to get these games all on gamepass."

He practices that line in front of a mirror. What a load of shit, especially now that you own it but you did that when you got Bethesda

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not starved for games right now by any means, but this still is a bummer after the Bethesda stuff went up so quick.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Makes sense to me. Getting a marketing program to announce Modern Warfare 3 on Game Pass at launch is probably not feasible right now.

That said, expect MS to make a huge deal about Black Ops VI launching day one on Game Pass next year.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes it was known. No Activision games are available on the Windows store so they can't launch anything on Gamepass until they are ready to launch there.

Despite what it often looks like, they are trying to make money off of Gamepass, not just fulfilling people's dreams

Last edited:

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
There is so much shit involved with m&a I'd hate to be anyone from MS that has to deal with that. My company, in a completely unrelated field and much smaller, acquires every so often on a much MUCH smaller scale and it is such a complicated process.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
He practices that line in front of a mirror. What a load of shit, especially now that you own it but you did that when you got Bethesda

Not really. They got a few games on Game Pass but it still took a few more months to have all of them there. Maybe they want to have all of them at the same time instead of batches?

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
They likely want MW3 to be in the first batch of titles to be put into Gamepass, but Sony certainly has something in their agreement with Activision blocking any subscription services for however many months. 2024 makes sense in this case.

If that's not the reason, then I don't understand it. It shouldn't take months to put stuff like Spyro and the crash games into Gamepass at the very least when they own them.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
So Jez was wrong and Tom's guess was wrong

Jez said the minute the deal was finalized games would come lol

I know it's Jez but lol

Tom was moreso hoping older cods would come with this gamepass drop, which they didn't, but he was guessing, I don't blame him.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I would think gamepass releases are pretty much planned this year and there is little point dropping every activision game asap. Better to sprinkle activision releases next year to bluster weaker months.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, that's fine. There's more than enough on Game Pass/coming over the next few months to keep people busy until they are ready.

I would imagine we get a batch of older games first, then Diablo IV/Modern Warfare 3 later on.