• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Dear Fans, Backers, and Players,

We're so excited to see so many of you playing Phoenix Point! The response to our launch has been overwhelming, and we're absolutely thrilled to see the community discussing the game, streaming the game, and, most of all, playing the game in huge numbers!

We know that some of you are waiting for our release on Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC and the Microsoft Windows Store. We want to update you on the status of that.

The fact is we dropped the ball. We were exceedingly busy getting the game itself ready, and being inexperienced with Game Pass and the Microsoft Store, we simply had not properly prepared the groundwork to get the game released on time on these platforms. Compared to other platforms we're on these platforms require a number of pre-requisites, from Microsoft certification to legal documentation review. While these are now mostly complete, they have given rise to a number of new delays.

Specifically, we are currently unable to make the same content available on Microsoft's platform that is available to players on other platforms. Since we want to make sure all players have access to all versions of Phoenix Point regardless of where they choose to play, we need to get this working before we can release.

This issue was not anticipated by us and has caused unexpected delay over and above our delay waiting for certification. We had hoped to have Game Pass players, at least, up and running today, but it now seems like there will be further delays. We do not have an ETA for Phoenix Point on Game Pass or the Windows Store yet. Please know we are working as hard and as quickly as possible with our partners at Microsoft to resolve these issues and will keep you informed.

As always, thank you for supporting Phoenix Point, and we hope to see you on the battlefield soon!

If anyone is wondering why its not on Gamepass yet. Wonder how long it will take.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
"The fact is we dropped the ball"

at least they are honest. but sure a bit unfortunate, was really looking forward to play this on the One in the x-mas holidays.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
hopefully it won't take them too long, but as long as they are working towards a solid launch then it is what it is

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Shame, cause it would give the game more word of mouth marketing. But I can wait. More time for Reach multiplayer.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any other developer I wouldnt bat an eye. But Something really cynical in me tells me that they did this on purpose (I mean, they are experienced developers. They know how things work regarding store submissions.) to make the most people that they can buy the game on the stores before it releases "for free" on Gamepass. I mean, they already took money for an Epic deal after crowdfunding their game.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
Isn't it quite new. I'm surprised after epic paid for exclusively they're going to put it on game pass for players who will have access to it for virtually free.

unfortunately games like this need modding and you can't mod xbox store games.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
"The fact is we dropped the ball"

at least they are honest. but sure a bit unfortunate, was really looking forward to play this on the One in the x-mas holidays.

It wasn't going to come out for the Xbox One in 2019 anyway. This is the PC Microsoft Store / Game Pass version we're taking about.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Any other developer I wouldnt bat an eye. But Something really cynical in me tells me that they did this on purpose (I mean, they are experienced developers. They know how things work regarding store submissions.) to make the most people that they can buy the game on the stores before it releases "for free" on Gamepass. I mean, they already took money for an Epic deal after crowdfunding their game.

They received a lot of money from MS as well as I understand it. Enough to make the console version of PP a reality.

I'm disappointed, but it's fine. Honestly if the game seems solid enough on GP I'm tempted to actually buy it outright. I love tactical games and would like to show additional support now that the game is actually released.

Pikelet

Oct 27, 2017
Compared to other platforms we're on these platforms require a number of pre-requisites, from Microsoft certification to legal documentation review. While these are now mostly complete, they have given rise to a number of new delays.

There's some irony in that the buggiest and most incomplete storefront out of all of them has the most stringent certification requirements.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta appreciate the honesty. With my general backlog and Game Pass side-backlog, I don't mind waiting a bit longer. Better that than a broken launch.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
?
They're a new studio

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
Very disappointing. This is certainly a better reply than the original "It's out of our hands" message from the first mention of a delay, but it's pretty disconcerting that there's no suggestion of a future release date. Really wanted to play this over the holidays, but this sounds more like we'll be seeing it show up some time in January. Oh well.

pagrab

Oct 27, 2017
That is totally fair. Shit like this can happen to any inexperienced team and I like how direct they are about it.

Bartis

Dec 30, 2017
I hope all that Epic cash buys us customers at least a bugfree polished game in the future. It's obvious this game was not ready for release

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think this gave me time to decide to just pass on the game.

I was going to skip it when they showed their asses with their storefront handling, then I was going to get it through game pass, but the delay has given me time to get some impressions. The reviews and streams of the game since release have pretty effectively warned me away from it entirely now. Turns out I'm not that impatient for XCom 3.

I may revisit this at deep discount if they decide to invest in a serious update.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
what does that have to do with what you said
that they're a young studio that never released on other platforms other than steam (and GOG i think?)
like they spelled it quite clearly

We were exceedingly busy getting the game itself ready, and being inexperienced with Game Pass and the Microsoft Store, we simply had not properly prepared the groundwork to get the game released on time on these platforms. Compared to other platforms we're on these platforms require a number of pre-requisites, from Microsoft certification to legal documentation review

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Good on them admitting that they bungled it and didn't properly allocate time to make sure Gamepass release has its bases covered.

Same time this just adds on already smeared release perception. Buggy game with unfinished feel to it from balancing to UI design with what now looks like even more rushed release.

Shame.

TeaLeaf

Oct 11, 2018
I was quite annoyed when it skipped Gamepass on 3rd December and was even thinking it was delayed for cash grab for more sales on Epic but I think it just turned out to be terrible planning on there end so I'll give them that and wait for it to release.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017

It would be in their best interest to release on Gamepass, because they won't get any money from Epic anymore until the sales guarantee is sold out. And that is probably not before they exclusivity is over and they sell on Steam.