• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Exile20

Oct 25, 2017
Great, sad that we need celebrities to help us seek justice.
Justice is all about how much money you have. I always hated the fact that how rich you are depends if you get off or not. I am not sure how it can be changed but if a rich person does the same crime as a poor person. Which one is more likely to get off?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck is she smoking? My pre-school age kids grab shit from stores all the time. What community kumbiyah do I have to engage in to end their reign of terror?

anamika

May 18, 2018
Not surprised. There's really not much she can do when her police force is entirely corrupt and police unions have so much power. She will find herself gone soon if she says anything against the police.

Look at what's happening to Police Chief Ramon Batista trying to bring about change in the Mesa police force in Arizona:

The Mesa Police Association announced Wednesday morning that 95% of 564 officers surveyed say they do not have confidence in Chief Ramon Batista.

"He is no longer welcome in the Mesa Police Department. He is no longer welcome in our home and we would like him to leave," the police union's president Nate Gafvert said at a press conference.

On Friday, the Mesa Police Union announced it was initiating a "no confidence" vote against Police Chief Ramon Batista. In the coming weeks, Mesa police officers will vote on whether they want to remove Batista as chief, then bring the results of the vote to the mayor and city council.

The vote follows a survey of MPD employees initiated by the Mesa Police Association. The survey, conducted by Strategy 360 and shared with Phoenix New Times, features dozens of shocking comments from Mesa police officers who criticized Batista for trying to reform the troubled department.

"The chief is a liberal snowflake who cares more about public image than his officers," wrote one officer.

Police don't want reform and they will kick out any police chief who tries to bring about reform. All Jeri Williams can do is to try to tow the usual line and hand out the usual excuses.

OP
OP
Mcfrank

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Not surprised. There's really not much she can do when her police force is entirely corrupt and police unions have so much power. She will find herself gone soon if she says anything against the police.

Look at what's happening to Police Chief Ramon Batista trying to bring about change in the Mesa police force in Arizona:

Police don't want reform and they will kick out any police chief who tries to bring about reform. All Jeri Williams can do is to try to tow the usual line and hand out the usual excuses.

No she could take a stand and lose her job. People have done so for a lot less.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is just disgusting. The minority community in Mesa is so screwed.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
How to handle the situation in a proper world: "Ma'am, we have reason to believe your child may have taken a toy from the shop, may we speak to you about this?"

Reality : "OH MY GOD A CHILD TOOK SOMETHING! GET YOUR GUNS OUT!"

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I don't intend to rewatch that video but it looks like he lost his balance while crawling and reaches to the wall to catch himself I think. It's hard to tell because the gun is kind of in the way. Also I thought it looked like he was white. It's fucking awful no matter what though.
Daniel Shaver was intoxicated and it looks like he was trying to adjust his shorts while crawling. It's an unjustified shooting, the man was in no position to understand any instructions from a trigger happy cop.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

Has any president ever tried to dismantle/disempower police unions?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Daniel Shaver was intoxicated and it looks like he was trying to adjust his shorts while crawling. It's an unjustified shooting, the man was in no position to understand any instructions from a trigger happy cop.

Okay, I couldn't really tell what happened, but it was obvious that he posed no threat. It just happened so fast.

I've never heard of police officers make people crawl toward them like that. I know this guy was looking for a reason to shoot him, but wouldn't it be easier to have people lay on the ground spread eagle and search them for a weapon?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I couldn't really tell what happened, but it was obvious that he posed no threat. It just happened so fast.

I've never heard of police officers make people crawl toward them like that. I know this guy was looking for a reason to shoot him, but wouldn't it be easier to have people lay on the ground spread eagle and search them for a weapon?

It's very apparent to anyone that this cop was itching to find a reason to shoot someone and there's notes in his voice that make me think he glimpsed an opportunity to do it at last. Everything he did escalated the danger and tension and in my opinion he wanted the guy to fail and engineered that failure. Considering how "dangerous " the situation was for the cops, the fact that they then walk right up to a flimsy and completely opaque hotel door, stand noisily in front of it rattling around with the keycard for an incredibly long clumsy time, tells me that he absolutely did not consider there was really anyone else in the room. Otherwise standing in front of the door like that would be ludicrous.

I'm not watching again- but I don't think they even knocked or asked anyone on the room to identify themselves. Either decision makes no sense.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"If you don't want to get murdered, don't agitate police officers with petty theft"

Its amazing how normalized police brutality has gotten. How low the bar has been set.

So many people seem to think cops deserve little to no accountability for the loss of human life as long as they even the thinnest most insulting excuse. I want law enforcement in my country, not a fucking rove death squad or a racist gang.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Link.

Phoenix Police Chief Jeri Williams announced on Tuesday that the officer involved in a viral video depicting him threatening to shoot at a family has been fired.

Meyer was one of three officers who has been fired in the past "several days," said Sgt. Tommy Thompson, a spokesman for the Police Department.

At the press conference, Williams also said officer Clinton David Swick was also fired after an investigation into his Facebook posts, which were part of the Plain View Project, which found 97 officers' Facebook posts that endorsed violence in some cases against Mexicans, Muslims, women and criminal defendants.

Williams said the internal affairs investigators into Meyers had recommended 240 hours of unpaid suspension. But, she said, this wasn't enough. Ultimately, the police chief decides what kind of punishment an officer receives if investigators find wrongdoing.

"I have notified him of my intention to terminate his employment," Williams said. "In this case, a 240-hour suspension is just not sufficient to reverse the adverse effects of his actions on our department, and our community."

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
That's a good start for sure. I hope that continues with those other 97 officers for endorsing violence.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
yeah but hat happened BEFORE they started filming!?

/s

fucking bullshit. amazing that people have to put up with this. more amazing that others deny its still an issue. god damn

EDIT: ah, old thread. good the fucker got fired. now how about the rest? yes, all of them

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
lol recommending 240 hours of unpaid.

Getting fired isn't enough. Gotta make it permanent