• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
There are bad cops, there are bad teachers, there are bad retail cashiers too... that doesn't mean we should paint an entire profession with the same brush. I've met some amazing law enforcement officers over the years, men and women who put their lives on the line to keep you and I safe.

Let's not lump them in with these pieces of shit, please.

What's going on this video is fucking deplorable and I hope the family are ok after it.

Why don't the good cops denounce this shit, publicly. And clown and oust these bad cops.

Fuck the blue code. Just like fuck a gang code. They are the same.

This cops behavior is out of control. And he should be fired. Surely a good cop would agree and would publicly call for it?

Last edited:

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, if the SOP for when teachers molest kids were to put them on paid suspension, reach the conclusion during the investigation that they did indeed molest kids, fire them, not send them to jail, and then a few months later rehire them at a different school, all while their fellow teachers were braying about how it was actually the kids fault, people would probably hate teachers as much as they hate cops

giphy.gif

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
My mother told me I did something similar when I was a toddler and she had no idea I had done it. What the FUCK did I just watch? Serial killers have been treated better while getting arrested!

Last edited:

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I know the vast majority of the time your colleagues are doing their job as expected.
How do you know this? If racism is a part of their job, isn't it a bad thing to do their job as expected? When the expectation is cops protect their own, isn't it a bad thing to do their job as expected?

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
There are bad cops, there are bad teachers, there are bad retail cashiers too... that doesn't mean we should paint an entire profession with the same brush. I've met some amazing law enforcement officers over the years, men and women who put their lives on the line to keep you and I safe.
They paint an entire race with one brush. They paint themselves with one brush with all the "hero" bullshit. You gonna speak out against that instead of coming into a thread where a cop shoved a gun in a pregnant woman's face defending them?

Cool, you've met some good cops. The expectation is that cops be good cops. They are getting paid to do a job and willingly take on the responsibility of their position. The examples that are important are the bad examples, only by pointing those out will we get change.

Edit: Sorry, double post

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
well, if the SOP for when teachers molest kids were to put them on paid suspension, reach the conclusion during the investigation that they did indeed molest kids, fire them, not send them to jail, and then a few months later rehire them at a different school, all while their fellow teachers were braying about how it was actually the kids fault, people would probably hate teachers as much as they hate cops

You ever hear of a teacher do something bad to a student, but on the news they show the student in a mugshot or some other terrible picture, dig into the student's past as if that makes the teacher's present actions acceptable, and say things like well the student was no angel?

And then all the teachers in the country back their colleague just because.

I mean, I haven't. I just assume the people with these shitty ass comparisons must have.

That and these people saying this are probably not black. Probably don't have a life built around minimizing the dangers if we encounter law enforcement. Probably don't have YouTube videos, books, poems, about the talk, about encounters with cops gone wrong. Probably don't see themselves in every single video posted thinking, "that could be me, or my mom, or my brother, or my sister."

Fuck all y'all defending these imaginary good cops.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think with how utterly rampant corrupt and racist policing is in America that the "good cops" would band together and create a movement or something. Basically shove BLM on the side and put themselves in the streets. It's their profession on the line! Their profession being tarred with a "broad brush!" They're being "discriminated" against! Surely they should do something?

So.

Where are the marches? Where are the websites? Where are the campaigns? Where are the hashtags? Where are the Twitter stories? Where are the political interruptions? Where are the leaders?

Where are the good cops???

Deleted member 4274

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'd think with how utterly rampant corrupt and racist policing is in America that the "good cops" would band together and create a movement or something. Basically shove BLM on the side and put themselves in the streets. It's their profession on the line! Their profession being tarred with a "broad brush!" They're being "discriminated" against! Surely they should do something?

So.

Where are the marches? Where are the websites? Where are the campaigns? Where are the hashtags? Where are the Twitter stories? Where are the political interruptions? Where are the leaders?

They don't currently exist, and that's a sad conclusion to make

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We have concrete examples of good cops who deescalate situations being fired. We also have examples of cops who participate in neighborhood cookouts and playing soccer with kids that are constantly paraded around as instances of how 'good' cops are. Truth is those things don't fucking matter, and reading posts that exclaim "uuuh not all cops are bad" (as if they're making some kind of grand revelation) and making analogies to marginalized identities or other professions is exhausting, it promotes inaction.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Here in the UK if the police talked like that to a murderer they would be sacked.

That's fucking shocking and no way to de-escalate a situation.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
Here in the UK if the police talked like that to a murderer they would be sacked.

That's fucking shocking and no way to de-escalate a situation.

Treating black people like worthless sub-human scum is nothing new in fact its pretty standard police procedure here in the states.

Richard Pryor in 1974

Sandford and Son joking about it

Last edited:

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Are cops like eating the a cocktail of the drugs they confiscate while on duty? Like I know racism is a major part of it but these guys are hopping mad and behaving like they are on cocaine.

Racism is a helluva drug!
Don't try to excuse police brutality/abuse by implying they were under the influence of "drugs", this how they always act against black people.😠

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

What's going on this video is fucking deplorable and I hope the family are ok after it.
American cops are not accountable for shit, and they do everything in their power to stay that way. Therefore, no, fuck them.
If a retail cashier calls a customer a name, they get fired on the spot. If a teacher hits a child, they get fired on the spot and do not work again. If a cop murders somebody in cold blood, or does a shooting rampage during a high speed chase, or beats somebody up, or wrongfully detains them, or kills them in custody, or frames them for a crime they didn't commit, and they are caught, nothing happens to them. And it happens all the fucking time. It's about cops being a huge danger to society.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Haha i see that the fucking cop defense force are all in the this thread jerking themselves off about how there are good cops but I don't see them even addressing the problematic video and corrupted system. It's always "but but but there are good cops! Not all cops!" bullshit but they never seem to understand the reason why people, especially minorities, are distrusting of cops. I never see them call for systematic change

It's always about how there are good cops so the system is ok and don't lump the good cops with the bad ones.

Always deflecting and stanning.

Fuck out of here with this bullshit. There are no good cops. "Good cops" are just as culpable as the bad ones bc they ain't doing shit to try to change the immensely corrupted system.

Fuck the cops.

Fucking good. I hope people sue more often. It's perhaps the only thing that may cause these departments to consider doing something about the fucking cops they employ.
The money that these departments pay out in suits comes from taxpayers, so it doesn't directly affect them when they lose in court. The NYPD has dished out dozens of millions of dollars over the years and hasn't changed a thing.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that they're suing, cue the "revelation" that the officer is actually clinically insane and did not realize what he was doing, and thus won't be punished

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
until i see sustained mass social movements from ~tHe GoOd cOpS~ demanding complete accountability for every shitstain scumbag cop and justice for every person that's been murdered by this rotten institution, ACAB

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Good. I hope they get every single penny.

That ought to force that entire police department to take serious action against those pricks in that video & to do a complete police reform.
You would think that, right? Except NYC alone has handed out over a third of a billion dollars in the last five years alone to lawsuits.

Dultimate

Oct 27, 2017

So.

Imma need you to go ahead and Tweet this out to the masses. Salute!

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Yup. The black experience in America, ladies and gentleman.

It's kind of funny that I thought the introduction of cameras on phones would lead to people actually taking us seriously when we tell our truths.

I'm sure officer fuckstick is going on a nice paid vacation.

Until proven otherwise, I will always regard the police force as a bunch of dangerous thugs. I can't even describe how terrifying it is when I have to interact with them in any capacity as a black man. Knowing that at any moment, for any reason, they can decide to end your life, and get away with it.

This video is infuriating and typical. For some people, it's an upsetting video of police brutality. For black people, it's just fucking Tuesday.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Do these police not think and access the situation before they act?

Of course they do.

They think: "That is a black."

Then they assess: "Blacks are dangerous, so I should probably threaten, and or kill them as soon as I can."

The only time police attempt to de-escalate a potential situation is when the suspect is not a minority. Outside of that, they are prepared to kill. Especially so if the potential suspect is black.

Helot_Azure

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just imagine all the instances of this happening that aren't recorded. Just imagine those babies watching their parents getting executed just because one of them accidentally stole a .99 Barbie doll. Shit, I have a 5 year old daughter and that situation that family experienced would scar her for life.

And people wonder why BLM, Kaepernick and others protested, and why the vast majority of black people supported them.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
My apologies, it's crazy to think what police got and still do get away with when there were no cameras on nearly every person and/or body cams.
It's kool, btw the "angry emoji" was directed at the police not you or your post.

What's sad is that even with video evidence (phone, body cam, CCTV) the police still regularly get away with this type of brutality & abuse against black people.

jim-jam bongs

Oct 25, 2017
Well... that's ridiculous. And shows there's no real, honest conversation to be had about it.

Why? This suggest more of a lack of awareness on your part, to be honest.

There are lots and lots of examples of terrible policing, okay? And a lot needs to improve. The criminal justice system does not work as it shoudl, particularly for people of color. All of that is fact. But as someone who works in the criminal justice system I can tell you: you really don't know what you're talking about.

Wexler says the problem can get especially bad if officers start to view the community they're policing as a source of revenue. That, according to the Justice Department, is exactly what happened in Ferguson, Mo. As NPR and others have reported, the largely white police there wrote huge numbers of tickets for the city's black residents, collecting millions of dollars in fines every year.

As one of the above posters mentioned, the vast majority of police spend their time doing the things we'd all want them to be doing: pulling over drunk drivers, breaking up domestic violence situations, arresting child abusers, rapists, and murderers, responding to scenes of emergencies, etc etc ad nauseum. Talk to victims of any of those things and get back to me on how the police are just a part of an evil machine.

That data shows that of more than 10.5 million arrests made every year, the bulk are for noncriminal behavior, drug violations, and low-level offenses. Since 1980, arrests for drug violations have increased by 170 percent, and racial disparities in enforcement have grown even more stark. Still, a majority of victims don't report their experiences to police, and police solve only a fraction of the crimes that are reported.

It seems that statistically speaking the hard part would be finding one of the victims who was actually helped by the police so that I can make my inquiries and then get back to you.

I liked this quote too:

"This television-inspired myth-making that police are out there all day solving serious crimes is just completely erroneous," said Vitale. "We have this myth that if we didn't have the police, crime would be out of control, when the reality is very little crime is reported to the police, and even less is solved by the police. There's just no reason to equate police with public safety in this way."

My point being, it would appear that the data backs up my perspective.

Oct 31, 2017
As one of the above posters mentioned, the vast majority of police spend their time doing the things we'd all want them to be doing: pulling over drunk drivers, breaking up domestic violence situations, arresting child abusers, rapists, and murderers, responding to scenes of emergencies, etc etc ad nauseum.

embarrassing delusional hero worship

Santa works hard all year to bring all the children in the world presents too, donchaknow?

the police ARE the domestic abusers, rapists and murderers with zero accountability

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Screenshot_20190616-093041_Sync.jpg

Screenshot_20190616-093602_Sync.jpg

These are the comments of the biggest forum for law enforcement and other officers on reddit, publicly all rationalising and justifying cops pointing guns at a pregnant woman and threatening to "fucking put a cap in them".
Good country, normal country.
Noticing a pattern?

Last edited:

Deleted member 6949

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, all cops. If it wasnt mostly bad apples there would be nationwide movements of police officers pushing for things like gun control, but they're always on the other side.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I have frozen shoulder and can only raise my left arm 2/3 up and am completely unable to put my left arm behind my lower back

Stupid cops yelling at a pregnant woman to get down on the ground? wtf

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus how could a human even behave like this. Must be traumatizing. Glad to hear that they're suing.

Sucks to see assholes like this giving cops a bad name.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Holy fuck, that video. I wish them godspeed in their lawsuit.

And fuck all those cops defending this shit:

"blinder-wearing sycophants" Uh, that's you, buddy. Just add in "bootlicking."

"People go out of their way...for the purpose of staring in a video like this." Especially fuck this guy. Even if I were to acknowledge that people do dumb shit to get famous/get on the news/etc. the idea that they would pull this off, possibly getting them and their babies killed - not even knowing some other person would be around to film it - is fucking nonsense.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
I hope they get every penny.

But what infuriates me about these cases is that if the family rightfully gets paid it's other (mostly poor) citizens who are paying the bill while these psycho pigs go on paid vacations and then get back to continue on their racist power trips.

The whole fucking system is broken in every way.

Someone once suggested that all brutality/misconduct settlements need to be paid out of cop pension funds first, wish that would happen

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup. The black experience in America, ladies and gentleman.

It's kind of funny that I thought the introduction of cameras on phones would lead to people actually taking us seriously when we tell our truths.

I'm sure officer fuckstick is going on a nice paid vacation.

Until proven otherwise, I will always regard the police force as a bunch of dangerous thugs. I can't even describe how terrifying it is when I have to interact with them in any capacity as a black man. Knowing that at any moment, for any reason, they can decide to end your life, and get away with it.

This video is infuriating and typical. For some people, it's an upsetting video of police brutality. For black people, it's just fucking Tuesday.
This is a bit hyperbolic. I've personally never had anything like this occur to myself or anyone close to me in all my encounters with the police. Situations like this are far more prevalent than they have any right to be, but it's also not always as crazy as you're implying.

Oct 31, 2017
Sucks to see assholes like this giving cops a bad name.

I've seen too many people killed by police who faced no punishment until maybe after public outrage to pretend police having a bad name is on account of just a few bad apples.

I remember one video captured a cop shooting a man running away dead and then planting drugs on his body very casually. It was only because a bystander's video that murderer isn't still working as a police officer. His two partners who lied on their reports to cover the murderer were never publicly punished or denounced in any significant way.

and then you have to imagine all the similar situations that weren't captured on video or released to the public.

systematically, American police are corrupt. They have a bad name because they are bad, because it's literally their jobs.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird that people still don't get what ACAB really means when shit like this happens daily in America. The entire policing system in America is fucked, the whole thing perpetuates violence due to its racist underpinnings and it's only gotten worse and worse over time to the point that literally anybody could be a victim of police brutality.

There's no good cop if they're a part of that system. They reinforce the violent, racist machine every day, no matter what their actions are day to day. Do we sit around today and say, "Well some members of the mob are good actually." No, they're fucking violent criminals who use violence and fear to keep order and stay in power. It doesn't matter if Tony is just looking out for his family and wants to go home every day safe and sound if Tony is part of an organization that's cool with bashing people's brains out with a baseball bat. Tony is a criminal. Police are criminals. End of story, no ifs ands or buts about it.

You don't fix a system like that from the inside out. You burn the whole thing down and start from scratch.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Saw the video on mute, but I still heard the cries from the mother and children. I seriously get more appalled every time shit like this happens!

The fact there hasn't been any other cops or departments that call out their peers for going out of line, it's simply a testament to how fucking corrupt the police industry is!

As a Hispanic myself, I genuinely fear that me or any other family member of mine could end up getting killed over something so disproportionate.

I'm just glad no one from that family was killed and that they are suing the department.