• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
"Position of authority over them." Again, good cops simply don't exist. Look how they fucking TALK about PEOPLE. That's why I generally give NO FUCKS when one of them gets killed in the line of duty. (Which is rare, any) look how these losers (face it, they are losers) think about the general public. Shit, one of them literally made up a scenario where the guy had weapon. Fuck ALL cops.
It's fascinating to me how there isn't more violence against the police in the US. With how they act, you'd think there would be more armed attacks or retaliations on police. But people keep it peaceful, which only comes to underline how much of a cowardly swine they really are.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (3 days): personal attacks
Arizona has some serious policing issues. This video still gives me nightmares.

I remember this video... a few of y'all had some TAKES during that thread.

Heraldic, id get banned for saying what id LIKE to say to you so I'll just say this: The lot of them should be charged with attempted murder. I can tell what type of prison guard you are. "Look the other way" is your motto, like two of the cops in that video. Can't imagine the shit you let go down in the prison. Given the small "punishment" you "advocated" for, you probably were involved. I know about you, Doggy. #feelingcutechallenge

Last edited:

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
"Position of authority over them." Again, good cops simply don't exist. Look how they fucking TALK about PEOPLE. That's why I generally give NO FUCKS when one of them gets killed in the line of duty. (Which is rare, any) look how these losers (face it, they are losers) think about the general public. Shit, one of them literally made up a scenario where the guy had weapon. Fuck ALL cops.

Scary that police believe it's the public that escalates situations. If you can watch this video, see the officers kick a compliant man while hurling threats and threaten to execute a mother with her children, then argue that victims are the ones escalating- you simply shouldn't have a badge. You've failed a very basic psyche evaluation and reasoning test.

"We don't have the full story" is always the most ironic defense because we know the cops had no body or dash cameras on AND filled out a bullshit report. They take every effort to make sure we don't get the full story, and even when the rest becomes available, they still manage to snake their way out.

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is where I'm at, unfortunately. I'm sure there are people out there who'd actually do a great job serving the community, but the system either rejects them or transforms them into monsters. It's pretty much impossible for a good police man or woman to exist in the current system.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's fascinating to me how there isn't more violence against the police in the US. With how they act, you'd think there would be more armed attacks or retaliations on police. But people keep it peaceful, which only comes to underline how much of a cowardly swine they really are.

That's because your perception is skewed. There are millions and millions of traffic stops in the US per year. It is an extremely small percentage that have such a negative outcome.

I'm not saying that everything is ok. It clearly isn't. But most people are peaceful about it because most people don't have interactions like these with the police.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
He didn't make a mistake
They were out to kill some black dudes, they found one
This is nazi scum hunting minorities for sport

I don't intend to rewatch that video but it looks like he lost his balance while crawling and reaches to the wall to catch himself I think. It's hard to tell because the gun is kind of in the way. Also I thought it looked like he was white. It's fucking awful no matter what though.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
He didn't make a mistake
They were out to kill some black dudes, they found one
This is nazi scum hunting minorities for sport
Might wanna get your facts straight there. Daniel Shaver was white.

12141056-ShaverShootingCover.ab94b306.jpg

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Police should be civil servants, not tyrants. The fact that police can say to a citizen "I'll put a cap in your head". And NOT get immediately fired is fucked up beyond belief.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
That's because your perception is skewed. There are millions and millions of traffic stops in the US per year. It is an extremely small percentage that have such a negative outcome.

I'm not saying that everything is ok. It clearly isn't. But most people are peaceful about it because most people don't have interactions like these with the police.
And there are millions of traffic stops everywhere else in the world without cops murdering people left and right.

Beisdes, there's plenty of evidence that American cops make up bullshit reasons to justify traffic stops, or stopping people in general, instead of letting people go along with their lives. And they very often break the law in order to register vehicles and make arrests. Things for which, in other countries, officers go to prison.

vpricot

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Oh I feel like I have the best police department in America. I've yet to see an incident like this with BPD and for the most part, every officer is from the neighborhood they patrol so you don't have situations where you have weirdos who are too afraid to go into the hood and then overcompensation for their fear by trying to be hard asses.
Buffalo? Because if so I get that. We had a really long streak of the police not killing anyone (though that shouldn't be impressive), and like going out of their way using non-lethal force in some pretty dangerous situations.

Jun 10, 2018

Most people aren't black or brown Hispanic either, which are the demographics these power tripping cops disproportionately and aggressively attack more than any other populace.

That's also part of the problem: it's because of the demographics they target no one cares enough to enact change. Sadly much like the drug epidemic real change won't come until police brutality becomes a serious problem in other communities.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
They are literally trained that everyone is out to kill them. Combined with 0 consequences, racism, and small men on power trips and you get this fucking shit.

Yeah, I remember reading a lengthy article about this "warrior mentality" that police academies instill in officers. You're not trained to see yourself as a public servant and a member of your community, you're trained to view your beat as a warzone full of enemy combatants. Which is fucking insane, especially when combined with the innate racism a lot of officers bring with them to the job.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe we live in a world where that video allowed the man to walk free.

Firstly I urge anyone of a sensitive disposition not to watch. It's legitimately horrific..

Secondly— The video with the shooting (execution by an out of control person who should properly be in prison for the rest of his life) was released hours after he was cleared of murder. The police refused to release documented indisputable evidence that their poorly trained power tripping monster executed an innocent civilian.

There's no way he'd have been cleared if the public watched that tape.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ, that cop just wanted to kill them. Just purposely escalating things himself, hoping for an excuse.

How the hell did he get acquitted?

Tape was not made public till after a judge helped clear him.

Juries are often the kind of people who are too dumb or bored to make a decent excuse to avoid jury duty.

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Beau has some words about this incident

Edit: The video he referenced talking about training police officers

Just finished the 2nd video (cop asking for training one). Amazing. It's so nice to hear the truth so plainly and at the same time downright fucking maddening. It's sickening to know cops can't even fucking do their job's training correctly and/or just don't get the proper training. So many fucking murders could have been avoided by just stepping back and actually getting a grasp at what's happening and understanding BASIC human instincts, including things we have no control over.

I've never heard of this dude before, who is he exactly?

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this is pretty interesting. There's still a racial aspect that I don't feel he's covering, and the whole fucking mess that is just officers taking the job to abuse authority, but I do wonder how much of current cop behavior is a result of poor training. I imagine using stuff like the Kyle Dinkheller incident as training material can teach the wrong lesson.
I would imagine he's not covering race because how exactly do you fix that? That's not something that can be fixed. It can only be removed. Racists should be fired immediately. You can at least attempt to fix police training to prevent another (from above) Daniel Shaver incident from happening and hopefully "non-racist" cops use the training to prevent unnecessary murders from happening. Either way, we're currently in a super fucked up situation with no end in sight.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017

I'd never seen this video before. The minute they started giving all these "cross your legs, hold your arms up, crawl"-type commands I knew it wasn't going to end well. It looks like the victim's shorts started to fall and he instinctively tried to pull them back up or something.

These cops are fucking cowards. My understanding is that cop fatalities are pretty rare, yet it seems like a lot of these goons go around scared as shit, thinking everyone they come across is trying to be John Wick or something. Awful.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Firstly I urge anyone of a sensitive disposition not to watch. It's legitimately horrific..

Secondly— The video with the shooting (execution by an out of control person who should properly be in prison for the rest of his life) was released hours after he was cleared of murder. The police refused to release documented indisputable evidence that their poorly trained power tripping monster executed an innocent civilian.

There's no way he'd have been cleared if the public watched that tape.

I presume the video was viewable by the jury though, surely?

As in, it wasn't released publicly until the proceedings had concluded.

Right?

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

The percentage that have negative outcomes is way too high. And there's an indisputable pattern of this behavior being positively enforced by the lack of accountability. It also disproportionately impacts people of color. Even if the percentage of cops who assault people during stops is low, the number of complicit officers is high, and thats part of the problem.

One of the most frustrating details that often come out when these events go viral is that the officers involved have abnormally high complaints about use of force, but the the department almost never substantiates the allegations. It's almost as if the suspected party shouldn't be responsible for policing themselves because there's an inherent conflict of interest.

Yeah this is pretty interesting. There's still a racial aspect that I don't feel he's covering, and the whole fucking mess that is just officers taking the job to abuse authority, but I do wonder how much of current cop behavior is a result of poor training. I imagine using stuff like the Kyle Dinkheller incident as training material can teach the wrong lesson.

There is a racial aspect, but simply complying with protocol would atleast minimize the impact of escalation, even if the stop itself is racially motivated.

Like, implicit bias will be difficult to root out, it's DEEPLY ingrained in this nations fabric, but if they could atleast hold officers accountable for not doing their job properly and unnecessarily endangering people, thats a start.

Last edited:

jim-jam bongs

Oct 25, 2017
I presume the video was viewable by the jury though, surely?

As in, it wasn't released publicly until the proceedings had concluded.

Right?

It was not made available to the jury because the prosecutor successfully argued that letting them watch it would be prejudicial, and if that doesn't just perfectly summarise the level of accountability police face for executing someone on film then I dunno what would.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Just finally watched the video. Yep, still hate the police. Speak up against this or go jump off a cliff.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
It was not made available to the jury because the prosecutor successfully argued that letting them watch it would be prejudicial, and if that doesn't make just perfectly summarise the level of accountability police face for executing someone on film then I dunno what would.

That's appalling - I knew of the case but didn't know that the video was withheld - not really sure how a video of said act could be prejudicial either.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
An explicit content warning can mean a lot of things. I sure never saw one meaning seeing someone getting murdered on screen. Wtf?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'd never seen this video before. The minute they started giving all these "cross your legs, hold your arms up, crawl"-type commands I knew it wasn't going to end well. It looks like the victim's shorts started to fall and he instinctively tried to pull them back up or something.

These cops are fucking cowards. My understanding is that cop fatalities are pretty rare, yet it seems like a lot of these goons go around scared as shit, thinking everyone they come across is trying to be John Wick or something. Awful.

This shithead's gun was engraved with "You're fucked" and "Molon Labe". He wasn't scared. He wanted to shoot someone.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Shouldn't there be a better way to put someone in hand cuffs then have them crawl with their hands in the air and knees on the ground.

The dude's head was in the floor with his hands on his head and his legs were crossed. Just have a guy walk over and put him in handcuffs.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck man, put a fucking warning in your post. Not everyone wants to watch someone getting murdered on video. Jesus

Sorry, I thought the huge warning on the thumbnail was enough. Although I would argue that videos like this should be shown uncensored on your news channels, so people can appreciate what their taxpayer money is funding, and perhaps enough outrage would lead to something being done about it.

CNN actually showed an edited video of this incident, that literally ends on a freeze-frame of the guy when he reaches for his pants to pull them up - this totally changes viewer perception as it genuinely makes it look like he is reaching for a weapon.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Wish someone was there to diffuse the situation by handing over a dollar to the store. Hope the lady and her kid are ok!