• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017

The Spanish and Italian pages don't explicitly say the game will be in that language, but I'm hoping the lack of a "will be added via update" means they'll be ready to go day one and not that they won't be available at all.

For those unfamiliar, this is a fairly big deal as the last time Capcom made a non-English or Japanese translation was AA4, IIRC. (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright had European languages, but that was an NoE gig.) Even the 3DS trilogy release was English and Japanese only I think despite European translations of the trilogy being used on the DS.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Capcom actually remember they already translated those games before, happy day!

Last edited:

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
I never understood why those translations "disappeared" to begin with. Great news.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
V1P0eaS.gif

Everyone should check how the characters sound in other languages. von Karma sounds like Wario in Spanish lol.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
So, Capcom DOES remember there are other languages than english and japanese. Hope they won't forget this once more in the future.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that they just wanted to port the mobile games since those also lack translations other than Japanese/English.
Oh no, I get this part.

What I don't understand is why they haven't yet ported the already existing localisations to mobile and 3DS versions.

Funny thing is that there was a first, better IMO, mobile port for iPhone that you played in portrait mode, with DS artwork. It also had all the languages. Then one day the game updated and we got locked into landscape with new art and... less languages.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

The Spanish and Italian pages don't explicitly say the game will be in that language, but I'm hoping the lack of a "will be added via update" means they'll be ready to go day one and not that they won't be available at all.

For those unfamiliar, this is a fairly big deal as the last time Capcom made a non-English or Japanese translation was AA4, IIRC. (Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright had European languages, but that was an NoE gig.) Even the 3DS trilogy release was English and Japanese only I think despite European translations of the trilogy being used on the DS.

It is indeed a fairly big deal especially for the French version since we have different names for characters.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Spanish website mentions German and French patch too. Probably only it will get those 2 languages in Europe.
Not the first game of Capcom with 3 European languages, Okami.

Deleted member 3196

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great news! So glad people get to play these in their native tongue; the more people that play this series, the better. Hopefully Ace Attorney gets a whole boatload of new fans who only play on Xbox, PS4 or PC because of this.

Quick question: so is the physical PS4 and Switch Japanese versions of this game Japanese and English from day 1? So, like, I could import this and have a region free physical English version of the trilogy for my shelf?

Oct 29, 2017
Interesting... I always thought that the reason why all subsequent re-releases were English only was because Nintendo retained ownership of the rights to the FIGS localisations...

Perhaps a deal just recently expired? Not unlike what happened with TOS HD...

Treasure Silvergun

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 4, 2017
Never played any of the games in a language other than English. I often wondered how they could even keep all the puns in languages other than Japanese and English. Somehow I always doubted FIGS translations had enough time and care put into them to keep the dialogue on that level of brilliance.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
This is cool. I like using Ace Attorney to learn new languages by painfully picking every word one by one

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Never played any of the games in a language other than English. I often wondered how they could even keep all the puns in languages other than Japanese and English. Somehow I always doubted FIGS translations had enough time and care put into them to keep the dialogue on that level of brilliance.
Nah, the french version was full of puns and regional accents. It was pretty good and really french.

FerozElMejor

Jul 8, 2018
I'm not going to buy the game if they didn't translate it into Spanish. Let's hope they say something soon on the official twitter and then Spanish people can press CAPCOM to translate the game as they did on the DS and Wii versions.

I'm really tired of buying games in english at the same price than native speaking english countries, also this kind of games aren't the best games to play in another language.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
is there any information if the PS4 and Switch versions are identical in terms of quality and features? like, both game the same assets at the same resolution?

the game releases in 3 days so i thought that info would be known.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
I was livid when the Trilogy on the 3DS didn't have the Spanish translation. It was supposed to be my nephew first AA game. 💢💢💢