• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

here is a Photoshoot idea I wanted to for a while, you can see more of it on my instagram. I've only been doing this for almost two months, Im proud of myself but I also still am not satisfied with my work, especially my street photography.

Oct 25, 2017

here is a Photoshoot idea I wanted to for a while, you can see more of it on my instagram. I've only been doing this for almost two months, Im proud of myself but I also still am not satisfied with my work, especially my street photography.

I think I have seen so many laundromat shoots that they don't even resonate with me at this point.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I like the idea, the skin tone is a little offputting though (I know you were probably going for a filmic green cast).

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I shot a few events for this pro wrestling company in China a few years ago, but had been way too busy for the past 2 years until last weekend when they brought me down to Shenzhen to shoot again. I've been traveling a lot though, cycling around rural china, bumming around Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar the past couple months, and my camera and lens are dirty as hell. Need a thorough professional cleaning, a bunch of these shots are just speckled with dust and crap on the lens and sensor presumably. Oh well, still got a lot of good shit I think:

Middle Kingdom Wrestling - Shenzhen by Eric, on Flickr

This one I should probably remove the ref:

Oct 25, 2017
I shot a few events for this pro wrestling company in China a few years ago, but had been way too busy for the past 2 years until last weekend when they brought me down to Shenzhen to shoot again. I've been traveling a lot though, cycling around rural china, bumming around Thailand, Vietnam, and Myanmar the past couple months, and my camera and lens are dirty as hell. Need a thorough professional cleaning, a bunch of these shots are just speckled with dust and crap on the lens and sensor presumably. Oh well, still got a lot of good shit I think:

I like these the most, really good mood shots. If you can clone that guy out then do it.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Who gives a fuck about the dirt, those are so cool.
Also, the ref ain't that bad in the photo. He looks tiny and powerless, so it's fitting for the shot.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like these the most, really good mood shots. If you can clone that guy out then do it.

Yea I said that on the post and that's an easy one to fix. Just needed to deliver the photos asap the following day before I got back on the plane, so I just deleted every average photo and basically batch processed the rest, a few that I liked I put in BW or cropped but mostly left it all alone just to ge the job done as soon as I could. I'll go back and fix up the best ones a bit more when I feel like it.

Oct 25, 2017
Yea I said that on the post and that's an easy one to fix. Just needed to deliver the photos asap the following day before I got back on the plane, so I just deleted every average photo and basically batch processed the rest, a few that I liked I put in BW or cropped but mostly left it all alone just to ge the job done as soon as I could. I'll go back and fix up the best ones a bit more when I feel like it.
Don't worry, I was just agreeing with the sentiment you posted, it would make a good print.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Thanks! I mean, I didn't post the ones that the light hit the lens just right and left a million dots all over the photos.
Was it so bad? Guess it being a paid gig, you can't get away with things like that. For my amateur photos, I don't give a fuck, if the lens is dirty, then it's time to use the dirt in the composition. If the photos are gonna be noisy, time to make them extra grungy.
That's how I end up shooting football matches in the night with old manual film cameras with no motor drive.

_MG_0713.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_0874.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_0955 9.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_0993.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1010.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1136.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1153.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1154.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1183.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1276.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1344 9 1.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1359 9.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1391.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1410 9.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_1463 9.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

A selection of more old photos, this time from my 2016 trip to New York. This trip was significant for me because I started doing this shit:

_MG_0796 9 1.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

_MG_0800 9 1.jpg by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

Which I do every now and then, even if it's hard as fuck to get coherent images.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
You guys are all really good. My Era time has significantly decreased lately and I haven't taken any new photos in a long time. Things have just been so busy, but I've been trying to go through my year in photos and salvage shots I didn't like for one reason or another.

L Exposure
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

Black Rocks Marquette

Detroit
Very nice shots. I especially like the first one.

Today I had yet another bad experience with digital printing. They kept bragging about how their system had perfect ICC color management and the file I was going to bring was going to be poorly edited because they were sure nobody save for them would have a calibrated monitor. So I bring my file and it has the ICC profile in sRGB, because my monitor is sRGB and I like to make sure I'm not adding colors that my monitor can't represent, and the dude is like "oh, it has to be Adobe RGB because that's what our printer uses, and now we have to convert it and the colors are going to be wrong after the conversion, so you have to edit them again", and sure some of my photos looked fucked up on their monitor, they lacked saturation, so I go and correct them on that monitor on the photoshop collage itself, and guess what... once the print comes out, those photos were oversaturated. Later, at home, the photos that I didn't touch looked identical from my monitor to the print, and those that I edited there were oversaturated. It's still usable, but holy fuck, why is every place that does digital prints so incompetent? No, the printer does not use Adobe RGB, I fucking saw you select the color profile of the printer when you were printing, and no, it doesn't care what color profile Photoshop is using internally for the file, because that's what ICC management is for, and no, your monitor isn't even properly calibrated.

Thank God most of what I printed was either monochrome or wasn't too hurt by the excessive saturation, because I would be pissed otherwise.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more I shoot the A7R3 and 24-105, particularly at 105 wide open, the more impressed I am. The resolution is just wild compared to 24mp cameras, and I didn't know how much I'd missed full frame bokeh. I'm staunchly convinced that 95% of Sony shooters that post their pictures online don't know how to use their equipment or are shooting on auto.

Grass and sky by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Oct 25, 2017
The more I shoot the A7R3 and 24-105, particularly at 105 wide open, the more impressed I am. The resolution is just wild compared to 24mp cameras, and I didn't know how much I'd missed full frame bokeh. I'm staunchly convinced that 95% of Sony shooters that post their pictures online don't know how to use their equipment or are shooting on auto.

Grass and sky by Scott Tucker, on Flickr
Full frame bokeh is why I'm trying to shoot on Sony more and fight all temptations to buy more Sony glass. There's still a good place in my tool kit for Fuji, but I'm loving the A7RII despite the wonky ergos. I have the battery grip on it's way and I'm may or may not get an 85 or half finance the 24-70GM.

OP
OP
Cheddahz

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
ello-xhdpi-d98fe2cb.jpg

solace

ello / flickr / instagram

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is better quality than pretty much any Fuji file you've posted from Times Square. Really showcases the light gathering power of the Sony.

Also watch your haloing on the building silhouette pics ;-)
I wish I knew what haloing even was. I kind of just edit without knowing the terms. Edit: looked at it closely and I'm assuming you're referring to the black outlining? The 85 is a beast too, really good purchase even if my wallet does hate me. Sounds like the transition was worth it though, granted I still use my Fuji, just really depends on what I need to do.

Last edited:

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish I knew what haloing even was. I kind of just edit without knowing the terms. The 85 is a beast too, really good purchase even if my wallet does hate me. Sounds like the transition was worth it though, granted I still use my Fuji, just really depends on what I need to do.
It's the glow or shadow from your masking brush overlapping where it shouldn't. Some presets cause it too. For the water tower, there's a dark shadow in the sky, overdarkening the sky. On the right edge of the building the sky is too bright, as if it's glowing. Once you get used to spotting it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. If I'm off base on what I'm seeing let me know. It's actually more noticeable on the BW you put on Insta.

45526300225_6c021589a4_o.jpg

32566717448_6201107f76_b.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It's the glow or shadow from your masking brush overlapping where it shouldn't. Some presets cause it too. For the water tower, there's a dark shadow in the sky, overdarkening the sky. On the right edge of the building the sky is too bright, as if it's glowing. Once you get used to spotting it, it sticks out like a sore thumb. If I'm off base on what I'm seeing let me know. It's actually more noticeable on the BW you put on Insta.

45526300225_6c021589a4_o.jpg

32566717448_6201107f76_b.jpg
I guess I over darkened the building then. I honestly just wanted to accentuate the clouds and seems like I messed a few things up.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I over darkened the building then. I honestly just wanted to accentuate the clouds and seems like I messed a few things up.
Auto mask is your friend. I feel like a dummy for not realizing it was an option until this week.

Spot metering on the sky would have helped minimize the amount of PP required too. All stuff I've learned the hard way over time. Otherwise I like those.

Oct 25, 2017
Auto mask is your friend. I feel like a dummy for not realizing it was an option until this week.

Spot metering on the sky would have helped minimize the amount of PP required too. All stuff I've learned the hard way over time. Otherwise I like those.
Focussing on the sky didn't even occur to me since I just assumed it would lock in, so I just focussed on the building and under exposed the building as much as possible. I really like the pictures, but I guess I went a little overboard in post.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a pretty Kitty!

I see a few familiar names in this thread. 🙂 A couple of recent ones from a stay at Ballyfin Demesne, ROI.

D850, 16-35VR, Lee Big Stopper.
45450350234_8070b7f2c3_o_d.jpg

D850, 16-35VR.
46076079191_6c16b29693_o_d.jpg

Eastbourne, East Sussex. D850, 28-300VR.
41684773365_b187530e66_o_d.jpg

Great stuff! Is that first shot multiple exposures or were the clouds just very still?

photonblack

Oct 27, 2017

I havent posted in a looong time.

Some portrait work. I havent been shooting street as much. I wan to get the new GR or a Fuji x-100 series

Edit: Eh, last link doesn't work

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

I havent posted in a looong time.

Some portrait work. I havent been shooting street as much. I wan to get the new GR or a Fuji x-100 series

Edit: Eh, last link doesn't work

I like the second one more than the first one. I find the background in the first one to be entirely too distracting to the point where I see the background more than the model herself. You don't need a specific camera to shoot street, unless you're one of those types that just want a pocketable camera specifically for it. I'd get an X-100F if I have all kinds of throw away cash after getting my E mount set up straightened out.