Photography ERA |OT|

Oct 25, 2017
How does it handle glare/dust on the film? When I tried with the Canon flatbed, the scans were full of dust sparkles.
I don’t really notice any glare. I try to keep the film clean dust free but you know how that goes. The scanner catches some of it sometimes. I haven’t used digital ice but i read it helps out a lot. I’ll see how it works with some of my older roughed up rolls and get back to you.

Tbh If there’s small dust and stuff I just use LR or photoshop to clean it up. It doesn’t take that long

Oct 25, 2017
Hey yall, so I'm hosting a humble birthday party at a community centre and want to set up a tulle backdrop for photos (like this). I'm wondering what the best way to light this would be given that at most there will be a modest amount of evening sun coming through the windows and a couple of ceiling panels. I'm not going fancy so I'm thinking a washlight for the backdrop combined with flash should do?

Grand Rapids Light Trails
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

Composite of one second exposures sitting on a guard rail. Turned out alright. Definitely gaps between exposures though which was unfortunate.

Winter Trees

Really liked this next spot, but I can't decide which composition is better:

Joliet Bridge

Joliet Bridge
Love these shots! Love the color grading. Really sells the mood.

Escena en el Puente de Toledo
by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

Barrio de Urgel

Descanso

These are very recent. Miserable light that day, so if the sky gives you lemons...

Oct 27, 2017
Very nice!!! Who is she?

Man, I haven't been posting much lately here. Been mostly helping my friend with pictures at her Hotel gigs and recently we shot a cover music video using the Fuji XT3. That was fun, excited to see how she edits that footage.

I just started shooting photography in a more serious way. I have always loved shooting nature, graffiti and tiny things, so my wife supported me getting more deeply into this hobby. With that said, I'm shooting in aperture priority mode and experimenting with fully manual when I can spend time on a shot. Here's a shot of a fence in my yard.

Suggestion of fence

trapperkreeper, thanks for the tip on how to post my image.

A few bits and pieces from some regular photo practice over the last couple of months.

DSC_5265
by Trilobite Photography, on Flickr

Ornithocheirus display at a local museum.

DSC_5397

Wilted hydrangea blossom in the morning light.

Starling Skull Merged 002

Starling skull macro, stacked focus.
I really love these photo. They're absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
I just started shooting photography in a more serious way. I have always loved shooting nature, graffiti and tiny things. With that said, I'm shooting in aperture priority mode and experimenting with fully manual when I can spend time on a shot. Here's a shot of a fence in my yard.

I can't figure out how to embed this photo, it keeps giving me an error that I need to contact an administrator. So, sadly, you have to click the link if you want to see my photo. If anyone has advice on how to get photos embedded from flickr, I would gladly take it.
there is an option for BBCode you just paste the link

Nov 29, 2017