• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not likely.

Worked on a few things in January. In lieu of ERAing, I made a landscape/fine art type insta and worked the shit out of it, making good headway quickly.

www.instagram.com/roamingscott

Bought a Canon 100-400 II and am adapting to the A7R3 with moderate success. It's real good with slow, centered subjects but like most lenses on the MC-11 AF falls apart towards the edges. Here are some of images I got with it.

Sunset Contrail by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Crossing paths by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Beautiful SWA livery by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Neotropic Cormorant Portrait by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Duck on the move by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Great Blue Heron lakeside by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Had a fun New Years Eve on the lake where we got one of the most bonkers sunsets I've ever seen.

PEW by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Sunset on the dock by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Sunset lake by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Re-edited some older shots

Sherman Tree Trail sunrise by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Early morning hike to Angel's Landing by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Grand Canyon Layers by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Last edited:

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And...saving the best for last...found out that the International Space Station was making what's called a Lunar Transit just hours before the blood moon last week and the centerline for viewing it was only a 30 minute drive from my house.

Wife counted down the seconds for me, and I fired off 90 shots hoping to capture something, and came away with a 19 frame composite of the station passing top right to bottom left across the moon. One of the most ambitious and wild things I've attempted and I'm still shocked such a nice result.

The ISS was only in front of the moon for 2.8 seconds.

ISS Transit - Full Moon pre eclipse, Jan 20 2019 by Scott Tucker, on Flickr

Oct 25, 2017

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahhhh I'm in a wedding photography course and I have to shoot 6 weddings. Where the hell am I going to find random people that'll let me shoot them 😂
Craigslist has plenty of people looking to spend $50 on a wedding photographer.

Any course requiring a non-experienced photographer to book 6 weddings is completely asinine in my opinion however.

You need to do some basic research on wedding contracts and cover your ass, because that's one of the biggest points of exposure of liability for a photographer.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Craigslist has plenty of people looking to spend $50 on a wedding photographer.

Any course requiring a non-experienced photographer to book 6 weddings is completely asinine in my opinion however.
I mean the professor wants us to be a second or third shooter so we won't really have much responsibility. I'm actually going to purchase a wedding contract that has been looked at by different attorneys that was made by a pretty popular photographer that taught at my school

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And...saving the best for last...found out that the International Space Station was making what's called a Lunar Transit just hours before the blood moon last week and the centerline for viewing it was only a 30 minute drive from my house.

Wife counted down the seconds for me, and I fired off 90 shots hoping to capture something, and came away with a 19 frame composite of the station passing top right to bottom left across the moon. One of the most ambitious and wild things I've attempted and I'm still shocked such a nice result.

That's awesome! Good work!

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Missed this earlier! What a cool image.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Lovely pics and drone shots! I really should use my P4Pro more. :/

One from a walk along the beach a few evenings back. D850, 28-300VR. (Christ was it cold)

46843498642_48749b5dc5_k.jpg

Nice shot. This pretty much looks like medium format.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind everything that much except for that lat one. The girl getting half her head chopped off by that is quite distracting. I kind of want you to challenge yourself a bit and see if you can use the 135 as a walk about lens. Some of what I prefer from your recent uploads is when you pick out a specific person from the environment and isolate them a bit. Also in your Flickr I faved some of your other more interesting shots. Hopefully none of this sounds too harsh since I'm doing my best to soften up what and how I say things critique wise.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind everything that much except for that lat one. The girl getting half her head chopped off by that is quite distracting. I kind of want you to challenge yourself a bit and see if you can use the 135 as a walk about lens. Some of what I prefer from your recent uploads is when you pick out a specific person from the environment and isolate them a bit. Also in your Flickr I faved some of your other more interesting shots. Hopefully none of this sounds too harsh since I'm doing my best to soften up what and how I say things critique wise.

No worries about the harsh criticism! It's always nice to hear other perspectives and get critique.

Was unfortunate about the girl getting her head chopped off, but unfortunately(?) almost all of those shots were taken within a second or two of spotting the moment, so I rarely got an opportunity to think about the shot or set it up outside of sheer muscle memory.

Lovely shots of Tokyo! But my word, those crowds.....😳

Thanks! The crowds weren't too bad honestly. You'll find plenty more crowded places, but the ones I posted were from a super popular tourist destination, so do keep that in mind.

Oct 25, 2017
No worries about the harsh criticism! It's always nice to hear other perspectives and get critique.

Was unfortunate about the girl getting her head chopped off, but unfortunately(?) almost all of those shots were taken within a second or two of spotting the moment, so I rarely got an opportunity to think about the shot or set it up outside of sheer muscle memory.
Yeah I know all about that happening. When you have a split second you either get something or you don't.

Deleted member 1635

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I had heard about groups of "rockabilly" performers in Yoyogi Park before online, but I didn't expect to actually run into them! Got a few shots from one of their performances and while it doesn't quite come across in the photos, they were seriously rockin' out. Was quite an interesting thing to happen upon.

DSC08273

DSC08279

DSC08373

DSC08540

DSC08717

DSC08803

DSC08852

DSC08907

DSC08961

DSC08997

DSC09228

DSC09276

DSC09407
Most of these are good. I'm jealous of that cameras AF system.