• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I've been shooting a lot of film lately. I'll post some stuff tonight when I get home

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
How does it handle glare/dust on the film? When I tried with the Canon flatbed, the scans were full of dust sparkles.

I don't really notice any glare. I try to keep the film clean dust free but you know how that goes. The scanner catches some of it sometimes. I haven't used digital ice but i read it helps out a lot. I'll see how it works with some of my older roughed up rolls and get back to you.

Tbh If there's small dust and stuff I just use LR or photoshop to clean it up. It doesn't take that long

FLX-II

Gargantuan Generousness Guaranteed
Oct 28, 2017
dsc_0213-editlfj1z.jpg

dsc_0203-edit3ujtr.jpg

One of my first attempts to long exposure shots!

Deleted member 2779

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey yall, so I'm hosting a humble birthday party at a community centre and want to set up a tulle backdrop for photos (like this). I'm wondering what the best way to light this would be given that at most there will be a modest amount of evening sun coming through the windows and a couple of ceiling panels. I'm not going fancy so I'm thinking a washlight for the backdrop combined with flash should do?

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Grand Rapids Light Trails
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

Composite of one second exposures sitting on a guard rail. Turned out alright. Definitely gaps between exposures though which was unfortunate.

Winter Trees

Really liked this next spot, but I can't decide which composition is better:

Joliet Bridge

Joliet Bridge
Love these shots! Love the color grading. Really sells the mood.

Escena en el Puente de Toledo by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

Barrio de Urgel by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

Descanso by Álvaro Sánchez Leache, en Flickr

These are very recent. Miserable light that day, so if the sky gives you lemons...

Fëanor

Oct 27, 2017

Very nice!!! Who is she?

Man, I haven't been posting much lately here. Been mostly helping my friend with pictures at her Hotel gigs and recently we shot a cover music video using the Fuji XT3. That was fun, excited to see how she edits that footage.

weremichael

Oct 27, 2017
Rocky Mountains
I just started shooting photography in a more serious way. I have always loved shooting nature, graffiti and tiny things, so my wife supported me getting more deeply into this hobby. With that said, I'm shooting in aperture priority mode and experimenting with fully manual when I can spend time on a shot. Here's a shot of a fence in my yard.

Suggestion of fence

trapperkreeper, thanks for the tip on how to post my image.

A few bits and pieces from some regular photo practice over the last couple of months.

DSC_5265 by Trilobite Photography, on Flickr

Ornithocheirus display at a local museum.

DSC_5397 by Trilobite Photography, on Flickr

Wilted hydrangea blossom in the morning light.

Starling Skull Merged 002 by Trilobite Photography, on Flickr

Starling skull macro, stacked focus.

I really love these photo. They're absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
I just started shooting photography in a more serious way. I have always loved shooting nature, graffiti and tiny things. With that said, I'm shooting in aperture priority mode and experimenting with fully manual when I can spend time on a shot. Here's a shot of a fence in my yard.

I can't figure out how to embed this photo, it keeps giving me an error that I need to contact an administrator. So, sadly, you have to click the link if you want to see my photo. If anyone has advice on how to get photos embedded from flickr, I would gladly take it.

there is an option for BBCode you just paste the link

FLX-II

Oct 28, 2017
dsc_0810flkf5.jpg

dsc_0827-3amj9j.jpg

Really happy with how these turned out, playing with my 35mm DX lens.

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Love the first one! Perhaps a bit too much contrast/clarity on the second one for my personal tastes, but nice colors.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

FLX-II

Oct 28, 2017
Took some pics this night, can't really decide on the colours, feel like they all add a slightly different fitting mood.
dsc_0074-4wrkqy.jpg

dsc_0074-3mhj19.jpg

dsc_0065-4cnkgf.jpg

Last edited:

TFGB

Dec 23, 2018
One from last Friday at the Car S.O.S exhibition at the British Motor Museum, Gaydon, Warwickshire. A 1974 Ford Capri RW1300.

D850, 28-300VR.

47168123681_9930b4886b_o.jpg

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Anyone else hate their photos? There's so many amazing photographers out there (especially on instagram) that it kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't even try anymore haha.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else hate their photos? There's so many amazing photographers out there (especially on instagram) that it kind of makes me feel like I shouldn't even try anymore haha.
I tend to not like my photos when I take them and then come around to them, sometimes years later. Also the photos I like best are often poorly recieved and the ones I don't like all that much get a lot of attention. I can only surmise that everyone but me has terrible taste ;-)

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017

Photography should first and foremost be about fun. If it's not your job, just have fun. Experiment and learn what you like to do and pursue those things. Don't spend time worrying about what other people are doing.

If on Instagram, they're probably just photoshopping that plane/animal/person/sunset/stars/etc into the photo anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Photography should first and foremost be about fun. If it's not your job, just have fun. Experiment and learn what you like to do and pursue those things. Don't spend time worrying about what other people are doing.

If on Instagram, they're probably just photoshopping that plane/animal/person/sunset/stars/etc into the photo anyway.
This is why 500px annoys me
I better not hate my photos. Half the fun is finding the image to begin with. Sometimes I honestly just randomly stumble upon stuff and just thank god it's on that random day I opt to bring my camera.