• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Cheddahz

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
ello-xhdpi-ed8385b8.jpg

anxious heart (ello / flickr / instagram)

ello-xhdpi-6bb4b819.jpg

alleyway off of gay street (ello / flickr / instagram)

ello-optimized-ef07e7b4.jpg

abrams falls (ello / flickr / instagram)

ello-optimized-9719a5a6.jpg

tears of separation (ello / flickr / instagram)

ello-xhdpi-9894cdc7.jpg

fragments of memories (ello / flickr / instagram)

ello-xhdpi-eae1c23c.jpg

after the flood (ello / flickr / instagram)

selfnoise

Oct 25, 2017
If you go too heavy on the noise reduction you start killing sharpness. This is why I don't even bother with NR, it's got what it's got. Nothing more, nothing less.

Yeah, this is how I've started to feel as well. I honestly think that at sane ISO levels, with a modern sensor, most images look better without a lot of NR unless you zoom in to 1:1 and even then it's a toss up.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is how I've started to feel as well. I honestly think that at sane ISO levels, with a modern sensor, most images look better without a lot of NR unless you zoom in to 1:1 and even then it's a toss up.
I have some stuff at 16000 iso as long as you don't pixel peep you'd probably never know.
AR206605 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
It honestly just looks like a film shot.

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks again, guys. I guess I'll go easy on both putting more and noise as well as trying to remove it.

A stray cat that showed up here a couple of weeks ago and doesn't want to go away. I guess he leves here now. I call him Neelix.

IMG_6669 by Renato Custódio Pereira, no Flickr
I had no idea Star Trek Voyager aired in what I'm assuming is Brazil. Also editing is just something you tend to fine tune the more you do it. I settle on a style for a bit and then just start adjusting it again. It's something I'm sure is evident in my postings.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I had no idea Star Trek Voyager aired in what I'm assuming is Brazil. Also editing is just something you tend to fine tune the more you do it. I settle on a style for a bit and then just start adjusting it again. It's something I'm sure is evident in my postings.

Yeah, ST wasn't huge here by any means, but has quite a cult following. All series and movies were even dubbed back in they day.

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
Picked up a second speedlight for my camera bag, and just off a big project so I've got some time to mess about.

DSC_6631

Panic in the streets of Gotham! Two speedlight setup - #1 at the back, camera-right, gelled with a red gel, and #2 camera-left at the front on super-low power. No reflector, and a blast of hairspray for environmental muck. Composited in a second photo of smoke at the front, but otherwise this was all in-camera.

Chewbacca bobblehead. Another two-light setup. #1 front camera-left, #2 gelled purple and placed back camera-right and just in shot, and a reflector off to camera-right.

Chewbacca Brickheadz. Single-light setup. #1 camera-left, reflector camera-right.

A turbine blade from a RB199 turbofan engine. Can't remember the setup exactly on this one, but I think it was one speedlight off to camera-left and a flagged kicker at back-right.

Spoopy Dalek. Single gelled speedlight behind the model, banging light back on to the backdrop.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I was taking some pictures with my friends today, and when the sun went down I've waited some more just to see how far I could push the ISO on my 6D MKII. This was at ISO 40000, no post processing besides white balance. After it was scaled down to web sizes, it feels quite decent for personal use? Maybe even commercial use if turned into a B&W.

k-jO-1DIZ3cescfPdQAtxC_GdvvwJ9xB-0AJfXkElCU-tCmiWP3xeWbJemPv7uNBkBy-S58HcqJbBOxGHgpArK4VzXFAepdz5R7kZ5S_Hh5-XxW8zeHuxVafzV9LlKMmYBkXwAErtyRhKl9eG3_Dn0Ys-kxXYPgu-gQtd0ZMl6nKWPnt5sD-4to4NjzmXnTBPmYeTKbANqttPkgssYYQYezcMasQzIEhnr-CYf61VLtBubPINLesrjcO1boWW3rgE31CtT9R2izN13WyL7pXIHO1ypUbkDHYPFyV_xq4ZALsrMS3ZG0Av74Rh_TSUob18_Z_3E_mLDr2G3wJr3gv-Sa_MVwBLBeXXZMpWLlkL7AdZimwBFqhyZe1FyqsL0_w4kh-3ZRmOvK9-o3ZYTn49K-1RYdVE3HXRJZzR1L6YLT5uh7dOKoZMMUKYXafQJMY1kEZ7KGyY4YZJhEYfylFqbnaeVO8dwYmYvfISoUN7oQQM26L9oytDlAMzqjulh2fdov1koCyTHhN-qv04vsXsLjoTD0hKAsryPNh0LY5U6zDLkdSTV4wDyhHTKVO6l_-hgqNXjbYAAjvJINX9xxJ1HemKFXn6mKF2a_ksvCuT00qT840UwFBevU-srsRqJ8qIKtdDLV2IytZl_iwbFhcyFFuIQPvctT_=w864-h1080-no

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey y'all. I've wanted to get "into" photography just slightly more than I am (AKA I post on Instagram occasionally). I had always wanted a DSLR, but being truly honest with myself I knew I would never want to carry it. So yesterday I impulse bought this clip on anamorphic lens for my phone. Comes later this week, and super excited to try it out :P I know it's really more for video, but I love the idea of widescreen stills. I always crop a lot of my photos to look like it anyway.

So.. will start posting at some point!

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Hey y'all. I've wanted to get "into" photography just slightly more than I am (AKA I post on Instagram occasionally). I had always wanted a DSLR, but being truly honest with myself I knew I would never want to carry it. So yesterday I impulse bought this clip on anamorphic lens for my phone. Comes later this week, and super excited to try it out :P I know it's really more for video, but I love the idea of widescreen stills. I always crop a lot of my photos to look like it anyway.

So.. will start posting at some point!
Something like this is what you may find useful down the line. I'd buy the latest iteration but I don't know your budget:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...IFmi9n2vg_CEvhoCdwwQAvD_BwE&lsft=BI:514&smp=Y

Deleted member 1635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was very pleased with myself to have been able to capture this little bunny that was hiding in some bushes in front of my house on Easter.

Zephyr

Nov 9, 2017
Spain
Just bought a camera last month and started getting "serious" about photography. I'm currently learning pretty much everything and having real fun with it. I'm doing mostly climbing photography since its what i do on weekends.

Nov 11, 2017
I really like the composition of this one with the "Life is Terrific" sticker against the mouldy, decaying bears.
Was very pleased with myself to have been able to capture this little bunny that was hiding in some bushes in front of my house on Easter.

There are bunnies all around here at the moment too, but the dogs don't let any stay in our yard long enough for a photo.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

#shotoniphone

Is there something wrong with attachign images from Imgur? I keep getting "Something went wrong, please contact administrator"

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2017
Went to Iceland for a few days, and it was my first trip attempting to use ND filters.

This was one of the first few tries on the trip, I like how it came out, I did screw up some other shots taken during the trip, as I didnt realize turnin off stabilization while on a tripod is important and others I just missed focus manually and such, overall it was an interesting experience and my first time also traveling with a tripod.

04_2019_iceland_03 by Iker, on Flickr

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I really like the composition of this one with the "Life is Terrific" sticker against the mouldy, decaying bears.

Thanks, it was a striking sight. I took a few shots but I liked that particular compostion the best. The Classic Chrome simulation also brings out the hopelessness a lot, specifically on overcast days.

#shotoniphone

Is there something wrong with attachign images from Imgur? I keep getting "Something went wrong, please contact administrator"

Is that Brooklyn? Similar to my hood and I was trying to capture it's suburban nature the other day:

Prospect Park South:
DSCF4307 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4313 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4315 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4311 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4308 by TIKI, on Flickr

Windsor Terrace:
DSCF4652 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4655 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF4646_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

My parent's backyard:
DSCF4611_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

Greenwood Cemetery:
DSCF4632_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

Nov 1, 2017
A few selects from my trip to Korea

Busan-12 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Busan-43 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Busan-46 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-3 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-42 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Busan-79 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-17 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-101 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-100 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-94 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-78 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-70 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr
Seoul-57 by Earl Oliveros, on Flickr

Last edited:

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
I think I'm getting the hanging of editing people photos without it neither looking too fake nor too... raw? But I have overdone some things in the past, like grain. What do you guys think of the LR + PS? Both in 100% crop.

lightroom_2019-04-27_mfkky.jpg

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I've had a rough few months dealing with a family emergency, so photography has been on the back burner. I've been playing around with film and double exposures. I'm currently ruining my second roll of Kodak 400TX. Does not play well with my camera. These are my "test roll" of Ilford HP5. Fun stuff!

4-27-19 6
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

4-27-19 5

4-27-19 4

4-27-19

4-27-19 7

4-27-19 2

4-27-19 3

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've had a rough few months dealing with a family emergency, so photography has been on the back burner. I've been playing around with film and double exposures. I'm currently ruining my second roll of Kodak 400TX. Does not play well with my camera. These are my "test roll" of Ilford HP5. Fun stuff!

4-27-19 6

4-27-19 5

4-27-19 4

4-27-19

4-27-19 7

4-27-19 2

4-27-19 3
Damn Tyler, these are sick. Hope all is well with the fam.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South

4-27-19 6

4-27-19

4-27-19 2

4-27-19 3

Love these, really cool geometric/pattern thing going on, abstracted yet still readable enough to be pictorial.

Zephyr

Nov 9, 2017
Spain

4-27-19 6

4-27-19 5

4-27-19 4

4-27-19

4-27-19 7

4-27-19 2

4-27-19 3
WOW! these are amazing!

This one is out of focus but i kinda like it, it was pretty dark so i had to compensate with 1600 iso