• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Cheddahz

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
ello-xhdpi-abb55d35.jpg

lose my breath (ello / flickr / instagram)
Congrats, you always make really interesting images.
Thank you!

Swenhir

Oct 28, 2017
jokkir These are some pretty stunning shots, bravo!

I want to start sharing the photos I took in a year-and-a-half of travel until my good old D300 and companion of 11 years got stolen in Buenos Aires. So I figured I'd start at the beginning.

Welcome to Nepal.

32789501987_66d732b9e9_o.jpg

This is where I started my travels and what an insane, magical, incredible country of mountains it was. I spent overall a month in the mountains and I didn't regret a single day of it. Well, except the pneumonia toward the end. This wasn't everything I hoped but looking back on it without idealizing the country, I find myself aching to go back, and I know I will.

47732941391_5973a0f154_o.jpg

32789501687_824042cac0_o.jpg

40766352873_074806a86a_o.jpg

I will post more as I can and have to hold back from sharing all these amazing places all at once. I can only say that the world holds some amazingly beautiful places. It sounds cheesy but it is still worth getting out your front door and letting your feet carry you to wherever the call leads. I am glad I did.

Cyborg009

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember but someone here posted someone's flickr who shot amazing photos only using a6000. Does anyone remember that account?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Don't normally post here, but I was really pleased with this, had to share

Shot with the xt2 kit lens

46965653724_ae087ce31a_b.jpg

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens arrived 2 weeks ago. First impressions are positive, so I'm pretty happy. :)

Now if only the weather would clear up, so I can actually get out and about with it. Overcast sky, very little light. :(

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
So I'm going to be taking photos of the stars this weekend in the middle of Florida. Any suggestions?
Besides not dying
I got a 35mm Prime lens the Sigma 56mm 1.4 prime and the kit lens.

Freaking black magic!
https://improvephotography.com/49086/ideal-shutter-speeds-photographing-star-trails/

Was going through some old stuff. This is from 2008, we used to have photography challenges at the old place, this was my entry for one of them:

IMG_5788 by TIKI, on Flickr

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
seriously, why the f*ck does every post I try to make say something went wrong, contact administrator

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Swenhir , really love those photos. Great moods.

Damn Tyler, these are sick. Hope all is well with the fam.
Love these, really cool geometric/pattern thing going on, abstracted yet still readable enough to be pictorial.
WOW! these are amazing!

Thanks everyone. Family is doing alright. One day at a time. Took my first photos with my digital camera in a long time this week while traveling for work.

Port Huron
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

Port Huron
by Tyler Jacobs, on Flickr

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People getting banned left and right, good set.

Yea man, this place is going off the deep end. One second I was having a normal conversation, no insults or anything... the next moment I was banned for 2 weeks? Mods on some kind of power trip, and not like there is any kind of way to appeal it. It was good though I got a whole of shit done and I wasn't constantly refreshing this place. Hope I can keep my era usage more on the backburner now that I've kind of got used to being away... who am I kidding though lol I'll be back on here constantly fml

Oct 25, 2017
Yea man, this place is going off the deep end. One second I was having a normal conversation, no insults or anything... the next moment I was banned for 2 weeks? Mods on some kind of power trip, and not like there is any kind of way to appeal it. It was good though I got a whole of shit done and I wasn't constantly refreshing this place. Hope I can keep my era usage more on the backburner now that I've kind of got used to being away... who am I kidding though lol I'll be back on here constantly fml
Tell me about it. I got banned as well. I will admit I'm trying to stick to community threads these days.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
finally messing with some of the RAWs i've accumulated over the past few months! these are all with an a7iii.

new orleans city park by Corinne, on Flickr

bainbridge island, washington
by Corinne, on Flickr
I like the second one. The first one is a mix of creative and distracting because it looks like she fell into a tub of red Kool-Aid with the red tones. You're also using the 100-400 in a interesting way where it's kind of like the 70-200GM would've been a better purchase with the night portraits you have up there.

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks! The first one I was going for a flat cartoonish look because the girl said she wanted to look like a gundam pilot (which her outfit fits pretty well for, lol). The second I'll probably bring into PS at some point to fix some of the crispy edges and replace the blown whites with more clouds and sky.

I often use telephoto for walkaround (which is stupid and makes me look like a goober, especially with the 100-400, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) which means I wind up doing a lot of street/architecture much, much narrower than usual. I rented the 70-200 first but just didn't love it like I do the 100-400 - the longer lens is just so much sharper and is much closer to the APS-C 70-210 I was used to. Plus, now I have the 135 for those long portraits I had been doing with the zoom.

Last edited:

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lately! I never used to fudge colors beyond muddying skies behind silhouettes to match depressed moods*, but after really enjoying RGB lighting for portraits I've been more willing to mess around with regular shots' colors in post.