• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Round 2:
by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR200530 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
AR200617 by Marcus Beasley, on Flickr
Good lines, very nice.

Some portraits:

DSCF5159_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5160_2 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5174_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5192_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5229_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5243_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5307_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5312_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5313_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF5317_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

Oct 25, 2017

Zephyr

Nov 9, 2017
Spain
Tried something different today!

p5QIIqm.jpg

TGJRg21.jpg

uBTRye1.jpg

Ju1QoT9.jpg

4C7meNX.jpg

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
scrolling through here: I should really get out again and do what I loved so much some years ago.. before I got kids ;)

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Chromatics last night, at Brooklyn Steel:

They didn't allow my camera so missed some nice potential shots of Desire, they wore fantastic clothes, would've been awesome. So mad. I took these in the last 15 minutes or so, grabbed my camera from coat check and snuck back in....but I had to contend with standing way back. NYC venues are terrible to hobbyist photogs. DM me if anyone could get me a press pass....hell I'll take free photos for your blog.

DSCF6492 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6176 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6148 by TIKI, on Flickr

Oct 25, 2017
Chromatics last night, at Brooklyn Steel:

They didn't allow my camera so missed some nice potential shots of Desire, they wore fantastic clothes, would've been awesome. So mad. I took these in the last 15 minutes or so, grabbed my camera from coat check and snuck back in....but I had to contend with standing way back. NYC venues are terrible to hobbyist photogs. DM me if anyone could get me a press pass....hell I'll take free photos for your blog.

DSCF6492 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6176 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6148 by TIKI, on Flickr
Concert venues pretty much don't allow interchangeable lens cameras, you could probably get in with either an X100 or RX100 camera. Bars are a different story though. I shot some stuff for a singer I know without much hassle in a bar.

ToD_

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you.
Nice set from Glacier, really lucked out with that rainbow!!
Indeed. I was on my way back to the cabin from a hike and caught that rainbow right on time. We stopped the car, I quickly mounted my telephoto lens and snapped the picture.

I always forget this thread exists. I just added it to my watched threads so that won't happen again. I'm looking forward to checking out everyone's photos and contributing more as well.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Concert venues pretty much don't allow interchangeable lens cameras, you could probably get in with either an X100 or RX100 camera. Bars are a different story though. I shot some stuff for a singer I know without much hassle in a bar.
That's right. Would have been easier if I could lie with a straight face and told them it's not an interchangeable lens camera...but I don't typically do that. Point and shoots are fine. And some venues like Industry City allow cameras as long as no flash. They all do allow people with a press pass....I just have to look into my network of friends to find one.

Fëanor

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to build my reputation to be able to get a press pass to do music photography at some point, hopefully lol.

I know there's plenty of of you poor bands in Nashville that need photos!!!

Edit: last year I had a DM on instagram, by this dude that was happy that, I was another brown dude taking pictures lol. He was right, its mostly white folks doing this thing in Nashville.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to build my reputation to be able to get a press pass to do music photography at some point, hopefully lol.

Edit: last year I had a DM on instagram, by this dude that was happy that, I was another brown dude taking pictures lol. He was right, its mostly white folks doing this thing in Nashville.
Your music shots are great, I'd think you should be able to get a press pass pretty easily if you put together a portfolio and preset it to the venues.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California

Venues usually don't let you shoot, you have to contact individual bands and they have to contact the venue to get you a pass.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017

I am also a brown dude. The concert photography you posted here before is very good. You recently bought an XT30 IIRC, that with the 56mm 1.2 would be an amazing combo for indoor venues.

Also Nashville is a fun town....you can go to any of the bars on the strip and take photos....but you probably knew that already.

Fëanor

Oct 27, 2017
I am also a brown dude. The concert photography you posted here before is very good. You recently bought an XT30 IIRC, that with the 56mm 1.2 would be an amazing combo for indoor venues.

Also Nashville is a fun town....you can go to any of the bars on the strip and take photos....but you probably knew that already.

You know the funny thing with that purchase of the XT30 is that I'm only using for video with a friend, and I don't even have the camera with me most of the time.

I really despise Broadway in downtown Nashville, but yeah that's a good way to get practice. I do have some people that know me I do music photography, though the problem I have is that I work 6 days with my normal job. Doesn't leave me with a lot of time to devote to shooting.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Do we also have a thread for sharing cool photos/illustrations you just stumbled upon, like the old place had?

Spacious

Oct 28, 2017
Recently started playing with some old (~30 years) Minolta manual lenses on my Sony a6000 - they're fun, but a little heavy. Below is an example. Although not perfetly sharp, I was happy with the little reflections caught in my daughters eye (myself and my bicycle). Feel free to follow me ;)

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, the knee is blocking the rope it was super safe actually, everyone was freaking out with the story on instagram though
Good shot, but stay safe. I know people who died while hiking up mountains.

Recently started playing with some old (~30 years) Minolta manual lenses on my Sony a6000 - they're fun, but a little heavy. Below is an example. Although not perfetly sharp, I was happy with the little reflections caught in my daughters eye (myself and my bicycle). Feel free to follow me ;)

Which lens? I have one that's amazingly sharp.

Some fun stuff:

DSCF6778_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6792_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6843_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6903_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6902_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6900_1 by TIKI, on Flickr

DSCF6886_1 by TIKI, on Flickr